Kochi Hotels Booking
- A port city on the west coast of India, Kochi or Cochin is the commercial centre of Kerala.
- The importance of Kochi is being aptly defined by the many financial and educational institutions located here, including International Container Transhipment Terminal, Cochin Stock Exchange, SEBI office, National University of Advanced Legal Studies and National Institute of Oceanography.
- Its huge business avenues - a blessing which is continuing from the medieval times when it used to be a major spice trading centre - draw a swarm of entrepreneurs.
- This 'Queen of the Arabian Sea' is also popular among explorers and tourists for its hordes of cultural and natural heritage sites. To cater to the huge number of leisure and business travellers, there are a plethora of hotels in Kochi.
Budget Hotels in Kochi
- Travelling on a tight budget is always a challenge. However, there are many ways by which this challenging task can be enjoyed, and one of the most effective ways is booking a room in a budget hotel.
- FabHotel Ghala Residency Inn and FabHotel Ghala Heights Service Apartment are among the best hotels in Kochi that offer comfortable accommodation for an economical trip.
- These hotels in Cochin occupy prime locations and guarantee clean rooms. From modern facilities like complimentary Wi-Fi and 100% power back to amiable staff and spick and span washrooms, these hotels have it all.
Best Localities in Kochi for Your Short Stay
- Ernakulam North Railway Station
- Manappatti Parambu Road
Tourist Attractions in Kochi
The city of Kochi is an intriguing blend of modernity, medieval-era testaments and natural marvels that lure tourists from all over the country. The following are the most famous places to visit in Kochi:
- Chinese fishing nets
- Fort Kochi
- Paradesi Synagogue
- Mattancherry Palace
- Cherai Beach
Apart from these, travellers can also visit Kerala Folklore Museum, Indo-Portuguese Museum, Veegaland, SNC Maritime Museum, Bolgatty Palace, Basilica of Our Lady of Ransom, Bastion Bunglow and Wonderla.
You can find various budget and 3-star hotels in Cochin that are located close to these of points of interest in the city.
Shopping and Dining in Kochi
From extravagant malls to traditional marketplaces, Kochi has a varied shopping, dining and entertainment scene. Have a look at the most thronged retail hubs in the city:
||Electronic goods, umbrellas, jewellery, leather goods
||Handicrafts, spices, nuts
||Figurines, bead jewellery, mat, bangles
If you want to splurge on some branded goods, you can head to one of the malls mentioned below:
|Lulu Shopping Mall
|GCDA shopping complex
These local markets and malls in Kochi have aplenty food options that offer authentic Kerala cuisine. Travellers can sample a gamut of dishes prepared in pure coconut oil and served in customary banana leaves at Malabar Junction (Parade Road); Kayees Biryani (multiple locations), Iftar (Edappally), Rappai's Thattinpuram (Palarivattom); Gokul Oottupura (multiple locations) and Kashi Art Café (Fort Kochi).
Nightlife in Kochi
Kochi, unlike its neighbouring cities of Bangalore or Chennai, is not known for its party spots. If you, however, wish to indulge in some drinking and dancing, you can head to any of the listed places:
How to Reach Kochi
The 'Gateway to Kerala', Kochi is easily accessible by road, rail and air. The latest addition to the city's extensive transport network is the Kochi Metro, which conveniently connects different localities and neighbourhoods.
- By Air: Cochin International Airport (COK) hosts flights from all major cities of the world. From the airport, travellers can opt for buses, and cabs to reach their destination. If you are looking for hotels near Cochin International Airport, there are numerous options available from FabHotels.
- By Rail: The city is connected by regular trains as well. The main train stations in Kochi are Ernakulam Town and Ernakulam Junction. Book a room at FabHotel New Kochi Residency, one of the best hotels near Ernakulam railway station.
- By Road: Kerala State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) runs frequent air-conditioned buses between Kochi and other parts of Kerala, and the neighbouring states of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. The well-maintained network of national highways and roads makes it simpler for travellers to traverse the city.
Best Time to Visit Kochi
Kochi has a pleasant weather throughout the year. However, if we talk about the best time to visit this coastal city, we recommend the winter season, especially the months of December and January.
Summer and monsoon are quite extreme, but, if you do not mind muddy roads, and getting drenched, we suggest you visit Kochi between July and September. Thanks to the heavy downpour, nature is at its best, presenting captivating scenery to tourists.
Why book FabHotels in Kochi?
Business trip or a vacation, FabHotels offers an affordable accommodation in Kochi without compromising on essential amenities. From comfortable beds to clean washrooms and welcoming staff to complimentary services, we ensure you get a Fab experience every time you stay with us. You can make advance online Kochi hotel booking using our app available on iOS and Android devices to avoid last-minute hassles.