Mahabaleshwar Hotels Booking
- Tucked away in the Sahyadri Mountain Range, Mahabaleshwar is a small hill station that served as the summer capital of Mumbai during British Rule.
- Housing one of the few evergreen forests of the country, it is situated at an altitude of 1,353 m above sea level and offers panoramic views of surrounding valleys and hills.
- Often called as the queen of hill station in Maharashtra, Mahabaleshwar is the largest producer of strawberries in India and accounts to 85% of the total production.
Owing to the higher altitude and cooler climate, this popular destination sees tourists flocking to the region during summers and monsoon. There are numerous hikes and vantage points, named after prominent British leaders, which offer gorgeous views that cannot be seen anywhere else. There are a lot of budget hotels in Mahabaleshwar that offer easy access to the significant tourist places.
Budget Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
- FabExpress Anmols Inn and FabExpress Sagar Villa are some of the best affordable hotels in Mahabaleshwar.
- Apart from spacious and comfortable rooms, all our Mahabaleshwar hotels are equipped with modern amenities, offer the most scenic vistas, and are managed by well-trained and courteous staff.
Best Localities in Mahabaleshwar for Your Short Stay
As Mahabaleshwar is a small hill station, there are not any localities in the region. However, if you are looking for best hotels in Mahabaleshwar, you should look out on Bhilar Road and Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar Road.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar is blessed with natural beauty on all corners. Some of the most popular tourist attractions are:
- Venna Lake
- Mapro Garden
- Pratapgad Fort
- Lingamala Falls
- Lord Mahabaleshwar Temple
- Table Land
- Rajapuri Caves
There are many viewpoints and waterfalls in and around Mahabaleshwar that take you into the lap of nature. So if you are looking for some Instagram-worthy photos, you should visit the Lodwick Point, Connaught Peak, Parsi Point, Elephant’s Head Point, Arthur’s Seat, Dhobi Waterfall, Chinaman’s Falls, Wilson Point and Helen’s Point.
There are many budget hotels in Mahabaleshwar, including FabHotel Tulsi Garden Palace that offer easy access to many significant points in the region, and comfortable stay at affordable prices.
Shopping and Dining in Mahabaleshwar
The quaint hill station of Mahabaleshwar is known for its strawberries, and owing to the large production of fruits, you can also find a wide variety of jellies, jams, squashes and more.
||All-in-one shopping experience, Historical value
||Leather Goods, Tribal knickknacks
||Fresh fruits, jams and squashes
||Bags and handicrafts
||Jams, jellies, honey and sweets
While the shopping experience may not be as extravagant as the metros or other commercialized hill stations, it is sure to leave to you with fond memories and some really good picks.
Nightlife in Mahabaleshwar
Being a small hill station, there are not a lot of things to do in Mahabaleshwar at night, and the place is better explored during the day. You can, however, request the hotel staff to organize a campfire, if the space permits.
How to Reach Mahabaleshwar
Being a small hill station, Mahabaleshwar does not have an airport or railway station of its own. But you can easily reach the destination from Pune.
- By Air: Pune Airport, which is about 120 km, is the nearest airport to Mahabaleshwar. There are regular flights from all major cities of India. From here, you can either take a bus or taxi to the hill town.
- By Train: The most convenient and accessible railway station from Mahabaleshwar is at Pune. Again, to reach Mahabaleshwar, you can either book a cab or take a bus.
- By Road: Mahabaleshwar is most easily reachable from Mumbai and Pune by road. While the distance from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar is about 220 km, the distance cuts down to around 120 km from Pune. Although many buses and taxis run on both routes, you can also choose to hire a car and drive by yourself.
Best Time to Visit Mahabaleshwar
The best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is between the months of November and February; it is when the mercury levels are low, making it ideal for sightseeing and explorations. The time between March and June sees a rise in temperature, but not enough to spoil your trip. This time receives the maximum tourist footfall and it is recommended to make your Mahabaleshwar hotel booking in advance.
Once the rain starts pouring, the outdoor activities become restricted, and the number of tourists significantly decreases. However, this is when you can get great deals on 5-star and 3-star hotels in Mahabaleshwar.
Why book FabHotels in Mahabaleshwar?
FabHotels is a budget hotels chain in Mahabaleshwar that offers best-in-class amenities, convenient locations, easy bookings, and homely stays.