Ooty Hotels Booking
- Ooty, also known as Ootacamund and Udhagamandalam, is an incredibly scenic place in Tamil Nadu. Located in the Western Ghats mountain range, it is the realm of rolling hills, shimmering lakes and wide valleys.
- It also has a colonial charm, vested in its lush tea plantations and several buildings dating to the British time. Its altitude of around 7350 feet results in subtropical highland climate, meaning that the weather never becomes too hot here. The hill station is preferred by peace seekers, families, friends, solo travelers as well as honeymooners.
- Many people come here to experience the local culture as the hill town is home to several native tribes.
As a result, there are a large number of hotels in Ooty that cater to tourists with varied budgets. You can stay at luxury hotels as well as economy hotels in Ooty. If you are going for the latter option, then FabHotels is your best bet. Easily accessible from around the town, all FabHotels feature clean rooms with requisite amenities.
Budget Hotels in Ooty
- FabHotel Khems, FabHotel Sholas Residency, FabHotel SRJ's Thaneesh Southwick and FabHotel Vinu Valley Resorts are among the best hotels in Ooty
- Facilities like daily breakfast and Wi-Fi access are provided to all guests on a complimentary basis for a hassle-free stay.
Best Localities in Ooty for your Short Stay
- Charring Cross
- Elk Hill
- Shoram Palace Road
- Ooty Lake area
- Ettines Road
- Woodcock Road
Popular Tourist Attractions in Ooty
Blessed with abundant natural beauty, Ooty is also home to many man-made marvels that must be explored on a trip here. The following are the top 5 places to visit in Ooty:
- Ooty Lake
- Doddabetta Peak and Tea Museum
- Government Botanical Gardens
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway
- Emerald Lake
Apart from these, the Ooty Golf Course can also be visited to admire the scenic charm of the town. To easily access it, you can go for numerous hotels near Golf Course like FabHotel Nilgiris Inn.
Shopping and Dining in Ooty
Though Ooty is primarily visited for its tranquil setting and scenic environs, it has loads of places to shop as well.
||Wooden items and local chocolates
||Handicrafts and food products
||Woolens and handicrafts
||Fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers
|Upper Bazaar Road
|Lower Bazaar Road
||Wide variety of locally grown tea
||Woolens, gloves and jackets
Ardent foodies will not be left disappointed as there are a horde of places to eat in Ooty. The choice of cuisines that you can sample at local restaurants ranges from local, South Indian and North Indian to Continental, Chinese and Italian.
Nightlife in Ooty
Though not as buzzing as in cities like Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore, the nightlife of Ooty is still worth experiencing.
|The Valley Bar
How to Reach Ooty
Owing to its popularity as a tourist destination, Ooty is well connected to the rest of the country.
- By Air: The nearest airport is in Coimbatore, at an approximate distance of 88 km. You can take a flight to Coimbatore International Airport from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Amritsar, Visakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, and Pune.
- By Train: For the ultimate experience, you must ride the Nilgiri Mountain Railway to the town from Coimbatore. The historical significance and the scenic vistas passengers get have made the railway line a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- By Road: National Highway 181 and State Highway 15 are the major roads you can drive on to reach here. The government road transport corporations of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala offer regular bus services to Ooty. Buses and taxis are readily available at the airport to reach Ooty. FabHotel Grand Castle Hill Resorts is one of the best Ooty hotels near bus stand.
Best time to visit Ooty
- Summer is the best time to visit Ooty owing to moderate temperature
- If you want to see the hills covered in mist, then the time right after the monsoon or the winter season is perfect
Why book FabHotels in Ooty?
FabHotels has several 3 star hotels in Ooty that offer you a comfortable stay with all modern amenities without burning a hole in your pocket. One of the biggest advantages of picking FabHotels is that we have the best hotels in Ooty for family of any hospitality chain. Our hotels are located near all prominent transit hubs, and famous attractions of the town. If you are looking for hotels in Ooty near lake, you can book a room at FabHotel Memo Rooms. For the best hotel deals in Ooty, you can consider making an online reservation. On our website, you can see all hotels in Ooty with prices for an informed decision. By making hotel booking in Ooty online, you can also become a member of our A-List loyalty program.