About Udaipur Hotels Booking
- Udaipur, ‘the City of Lakes’ is inarguably one of the most preferred tourist destinations in Rajasthan, and in India.
- Situated near the foothills of the Aravalli Range, Udaipur is dotted with magnificent forts, temples and palaces, and is often known by many other names like, the ‘Venice of the East’, ‘Most Romantic City of India’ and the ‘Kashmir of Rajasthan’.
- The many historical marvels of the city are a result of strong Rajput and Mughal influences – two dynasties that had the knack for flattering architecture
Since Udaipur is thronged by visitors in large numbers around the year, there is a wide range of 3-star and 4-star hotels in Udaipur that cater to people looking for a luxury stay amidst the city centre. One can also choose from myriad of affordable hotels in Udaipur for an economical trip.
Budget Hotels in Udaipur
Every avid traveller, business or leisure, knows that the best way to save on expenses while on a trip is to book a hotel that is easy on the pocket but does not compromise on the comfort and facilities.
- FabExpress White House Homestay and FabHotel Suraj Palace are among the best hotels in Udaipur that fit into the category of a value-for-money stay.
- These hotels in Udaipur not only feature spacious and well-equipped rooms but also offer complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast, along with splendid views of architectural marvels.
Best Localities in Udaipur for Your Short Stay
- Pichola Lake
- City Railway Station
- Fateh Sagar Lake
- Gulab Bagh
- Dudh Talai
- Gangaur Ghat
- Hiran Magri
Popular Tourist Attractions in Udaipur
Udaipur is lined with several temples, forts, palaces and of course, lakes, lending this city a charm so unique and eloquent that hundreds of thousands of tourists flock to the place every year. Some of the key tourist attractions in Udaipur include:
- City Palace
- Badi Mahal
- Fateh Sagar Lake
- Lake Pichola
- Lake Palace
There are many hotels in Udaipur that are strategically located near these landmarks. If you are looking for Udaipur hotels near lake, then FabHotel Krishna Lila Regency is your best bet. Amar Vilas, Durbar Hall, Krishna Vilas, Jag Mandir, Jagdish temple and Rang Bhawan are among other most frequented attractions in the city.
Shopping and Dining in Udaipur
The colourful city of Udaipur is a shopping heaven, especially for those who are interested in unique and authentic handicrafts. From home décor to apparels, to knick-knacks, shopping hubs in Udaipur will leave you spoilt for choice.
|Hathi Pol Bazaar
||Pichwai and Phad paintings, souvenirs, wooden handicrafts, Nagra slippers
||Batik and Bandhani print sarees and fabrics, juttis, silver and camel bone jewellery
||Wall decorations, dancing puppets, traditional lanterns pens, pen stands
||Handicrafts and souvenirs
||Bed sheets, cushion covers, table mats & coasters, table covers, bags
|Lake Palace Road
||Embroidered fabrics, precious gems, textiles
|Jagdish Temple Street
||Traditional wooden toys, puppets, tapestry, cloth lanterns, postcards, leather journals and diaries
||Authentic Rajasthani jewellery, copperware
For the not-so-street shoppers, you can head to Rajasthali, a Government emporium situated in the heart of the city that offers everything handcrafted – furniture, footwear, jewellery and more. Sadhna Emporium is another great place, especially so if you want to shop for a cause. The emporium is the crafts outlet for an NGO, Seva Mandir, which works for the empowerment of the rural and tribal people of Rajasthan.
Nightlife and Afterhours
The city of Udaipur is known for its forts and palaces, and they attract the crowd for all the right reasons. However, what if we tell you the city is lined with places where you can enjoy a pint of chilled beer along with lip-smacking food. Here’s the list for your choosing:
||Pratap Nagar-Sukher bypass
|The Wine Rack
|Hook and Irons Café and Bar
|Zannat Rooftop Bar
||Pratap Nagar-Sukher bypass
Upcoming Events and Festivals
|Shilpgram Crafts Fair
||Shilpgram Crafts Village
How to Reach Udaipur
Being one of the most frequented cities in the country, Udaipur is well connected through land and air transport.
- By Air: Udaipur has its own airport, Maharana Pratap Airport, which is located 22 km away from the city centre. While it is a domestic airport and has flights coming in from all major cities of the country, it also sees regular flights from prominent international airports like Delhi, Mumbai and Jaipur.
- By Train: Udaipur Railway Station is connected, directly or indirectly, to all the cities in Rajasthan, and the states across India. Places like Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur and Ahmedabad have many trains frequenting to and from Udaipur. If you are looking for hotels in Udaipur near railway station, there are a number of options in the area.
- By Road: Rajasthan has a robust network of National and State Highways that connect Udaipur to neighbouring cities and states.
Best Time to Visit Udaipur
- The months between October and March present the best time to visit Udaipur. Although these are considered to be winter months, the weather is not harsh at all, and you can enjoy every part of the city to its fullest.
- Being a dry state, Rajasthan does not receive much rainfall during the monsoon season. The surrounding hills, however, receive a moderate amount of downpour and turn lush green, offering a scenic backdrop to the city.
- The summers are hot and humid; thus, should be avoided.
There are numerous hotels in Udaipur for travellers to choose from, depending on their requirements. FabHotels offer many such budget hotels in Udaipur in various locations, including Brahmpuri, Udaipole, Gulab Bagh and Gangaur Ghat. Not only these hotels are well-kempt, guests are also provided with complimentary breakfast and Wi-Fi facility. Comfortable beds, large windows, clean bathrooms and requisite toiletries ensure that guests feel at home. Apart from this, cooperative staff and prompt service add to the experience that FabHotels strives to provide. If you are looking for Udaipur hotels, do not forget to check our website, and choose the hotel that suits you the best. You can also download our app on iOS or Android phones for your Udaipur hotel booking.