About Ahmedabad Hotels Booking
- Situated on the banks of the Sabarmati River, Ahmedabad is the largest city in the state of Gujarat. Developed by Sultan Ahmed Shah in the 15th century and then further by the Mughals, the city is known for its architectural marvels. These Islamic architectural wonders have earned the Historic Centre of Ahmedabad a place on the coveted UNESCO World Heritage Site list. Further, the extremely rich and colorful culture of Gujarat can be best seen at the numerous museums and performing centers in Ahmedabad. The city also occupies a significant place in the history of Indian independence as several anti-colonial movements began here.
- Ahmedabad has been an important industrial center since the medieval times, primarily known for its exquisite textiles that gave it the name, 'Manchester of the East'. In the present time, the city continues to thrive as an industrial and financial hub, with many global firms setting up offices here. The biggest industries of the city include gems and jewelry, denim and pharmaceuticals. Multi-national conglomerates like Adani Group and Torrent Group as well as several undertakings of the Government of Gujarat have their headquarters here.
- The city also houses the Indian School of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A), the most prominent business school in the country.
As a result, the hospitality industry in the city is booming, and there is a horde of hotels in Ahmedabad across all categories. Those, who are looking for budget hotels in Ahmedabad, can make a booking with FabHotels. All FabHotels occupy a central location, resulting in easy access from around the city.
Budget Hotels in Ahmedabad
- The preferred hotels in Ahmedabad include FabHotel Vastral, FabHotel Shailly Inn, FabHotel Dreamland and FabHotel Darshan
- Hospitable staff, strategic location and well-equipped rooms are the common features of all these
Best Localities in Ahmedabad for your Short Stay
- Spring Road
- Ashram Road
- Nehru Bridge
- Prahlad Nagar
- SG Highway
Popular Tourist Attractions in Ahmedabad
There are loads of places in the city that give a glimpse into its glorious past and the vibrant culture of Gujarat. Here are the top 5 tourist attractions in Ahmedabad:
- Sabarmati Ashram
- Kankaria Lake
- Sidi Saiyyed Mosque
- Jama Mosque
- Gujarat Science City
Apart from these, the Calico Museum of Textiles, Auto World Vintage Car Museum, Bhadra Fort, Sanskar Kendra, Shreyas Folk Museum, Vechaar Museum, Rani No Hajiro and Sabarmati Riverfront are also popular sites in the city. Ahmedabad also acts as a gateway to places deeper in the state like Lothal, Dholavira, the Rann of Kutch and Gir Forest National Park.
Shopping and Dining in Ahmedabad
Being a major city, Ahmedabad houses loads of markets and malls, where you can shop to your heart's content.
||Clothes and electronics
||Jewelry and clothing
||Handicrafts and street food
|Rani No Hajiro
||Clothing for women
||New and second-hand books
|Chimanlal Girdharlal Road
||Wooden toys and handicrafts
Mixing the modern with the traditional are the numerous malls in Ahmedabad.
|Iscon Mega Mall
|Shree Balaji Agora Mall
The city is a heaven for avid diners as there are loads of restaurants here that serve dishes from across the globe. Gujarati cuisine is among the most varied and delicious in India, and you must not leave the city without trying local staples like Gujarati khichdi, farsan, dhokla, bhakri, thepla, kadhi, handvo, khandvi, khaman and khakhra. Popular food chains like McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, Pizza Hut, Subway, Mainland China and Barbeque Nation also have several outlets here.
Nightlife and After Hours
Though Gujarat is a dry state, there is still a lot you can do at night. From strolling at Sabarmati Riverfront and gazing at the multi-colored lights at Kankaria Lake to attending cultural shows and dining at local restaurants, the options galore.
How to Reach Ahmedabad
Owing to its prominence as a cultural, commercial, industrial, historical and educational center, Ahmedabad is well connected to all parts of the country by air, road and rail.
- By Air: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport has flights to and from several Indian as well as overseas destinations. You can choose from numerous hotels near Ahmedabad airport for hassle-free connectivity to the air transit hub.
- By Train: Ahmedabad Junction, the primary rail transit hub in the city, has direct trains to Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai and Kolkata along with several other cities and towns in the country. If you want to stay at hotels near Ahmedabad Railway Station, then you can opt for FabHotel Kamran Palace.
- By Road: The major roads connecting the city with the rest of India are National Highways 47, 48, 64, 228, 147, 48 and 947, and State Highways 3, 4, 142, 144, 41 and 71. SG Highway is one of the major roads within the city; we have hordes of hotels in SG Highway Ahmedabad as well.
Best Time to Visit Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad should be visited between the months of October and March
- The period from April to September is quite hot and humid
FabHotels already has a strong presence in the prominent commercial and residential localities of Ahmedabad. For instance, FabHotel Classic Inn is the best option among hotels in Navrangpura Ahmedabad. There are several hotels in Ashram Road Ahmedabad like FabHotel LA 365 Residency. Our staff undergoes regular training sessions to ensure a world-class stay to guests. Online hotels booking in Ahmedabad is a seamless process on our Android app and website that also feature heavy discounts and offers. In addition, FabHotels also has its own loyalty program, the A-List, which you can register for in order to get cool rewards.