Located on the banks of Sabarmati, Ahmedabad is typically regarded as a city with dry climatic conditions. Like many other cities in India, it also experiences three major seasons, namely summer, monsoon, and winter. The best part is that you can visit the city all through the year, except for a few summer months. In fact, the city engages visitors in different ways during different seasons. Looking for details on the best time to visit Ahmedabad?
Here is a comprehensive account of the different seasons in Ahmedabad and the attractions that await you during each season:
Ahmedabad in Summer (March to June)
The hot and dry summers don’t count as the best season to visit Ahmedabad. The average maximum temperature in these months remains around 43 degrees Celsius while the average minimum is 24 degrees Celsius. Visiting the city during the summers can be very uncomfortable, especially for those who are not used to high-temperature spells.
Since sightseeing is not at all an attractive option in this season, the influx of tourists is quite less during the summers in Ahmedabad. The plus point, however, is that the lean tourist phase brings down the prices of flight tickets and hotels in Ahmedabad.
Things to Do in Ahmedabad in Summer
- Enjoy the nightlife in Ahmedabad at popular hangout places – Java+, Sphere Lounge, Amnesia Lounge, Spirit O Soul, Ristretto, etc.
- Have fun at the waterparks in Ahmedabad – Splash Water Park, Swapna Srushti Water Park, Shankus Water Park, and Maniar Wonderland
- Escape to the hill stations near Ahmedabad – Polo Forest (160 km), Mount Abu (230 km), Wilson Hills (365 km), Mandu (365 km), Toranmal (370 km), etc.
- Spend an evening at Kankaria Lake, Chandola Lake or Vastrapur Lake
- Celebrate the festival of Holi (March)
Ahmedabad in Monsoon (July to October)
Monsoon brings in a wave of relief from the summer heat in the city. During these rainy months, temperatures drop down to an average maximum of about 30 degrees Celsius. The minimum temperature remains around 19 degrees Celsius. The city enjoys moderate to heavy showers but the humidity remains high.
The rain-washed city holds a good range of attractions for tourists, especially activities that don’t require a lot of traveling. If you are a foodie, monsoon is the best time to enjoy some lip-smacking local grubs and a cup of steaming tea.
Things to Do in Ahmedabad in Monsoon
- Spend a day at the waterfalls near Ahmedabad – Zanzari, Khuniya Mahadev, Trambak, Hathni Mata, and Zarwani
- Visit the various museums in Ahmedabad – Vintage Car Museum, Shreyas Folk Museum, Calico Museum of Textiles, Tribal Museum, Kites Museum, etc.
- Explore the city’s culinary culture at Manek Chowk
- Dine at the best restaurants in Ahmedabad – Rajwadu, Dakshinayan, Gordhan Thal, Agashiye, Earthen Oven, Pleasure Trove, Silver Leaf Bistro, etc.
- Spend time at the shopping malls in Ahmedabad – AlphaOne Mall, Iscon Mega Mall, Himalaya Mall, Acres Shopping Mall, Ahmedabad Central, etc.
- Visit the Gujarat Science City
- Enjoy the Rath Yatra celebrations (July)
- Celebrate Janmashtami (August)
- Dance to the beats of dandiya during Navratri celebrations (October/November)
Ahmedabad in Winter (November to February)
Winter brings in mild and pleasant weather, which makes it the best season to visit Ahmedabad. During the months from November to February, the maximum temperature stays around 30 degrees Celsius while the minimum temperature goes down to around 12 degrees Celsius.
The cool and dry winter season is not only the best time to visit Ahmedabad but also to indulge in sightseeing and outdoor activities.
Things to Do in Ahmedabad in Winter
- Explore the major historical places in Ahmedabad – Bhadra Fort, Jama Masjid, Sarkhej Roza, Rani no Hajiro, etc.
- Watch a movie at the Sunset Drive-In
- Spend some time at the Sabarmati Ashram
- Shop at the Law Garden’s Night Market
- Offer your prayers at the city temples – Hutheesing Jain Temple, ISKCON Temple, Swaminarayan Temple, etc.
- Take a trip to nearby attractions – Adalaj Step Well (30 km), Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary (60 km), Akshardham Temple (26 km), etc.
- Take part in the International Kite Festival (14th January)
Whether you are visiting Ahmedabad in summer, winter or monsoon, the city will delight you beyond measure. Depending on how you want to spend your time, you can choose the best time to visit Ahmedabad and plan your trip accordingly.
Wish you a memorable holiday filled with fun, frolic, food, and festivals!
Recommended Hotels in Ahmedabad:
Use Coupon Code "FABSTAR", Get 30% Discount!