Chennai Hotels Booking
- Situated on the Bay of Bengal coast, Chennai is a destination with many charms.
- In the present day, lots of holidaymakers throng the capital of Tamil Nadu to enjoy some seaside fun. Since it is also a center of the Tamil culture, Chennai houses loads of temples, performing arts venues and museums.
- Another reason it witnesses such a huge footfall of people is its commercial significance. It is one of the most important port cities of the country, with ships coming and going to various destinations across the globe.
- Several international automobile companies have manufacturing plants here, giving it the nickname, Detroit of India. Some top automobile companies with plants in the metropolis are Renault, Hyundai, Royal Enfield, Yamaha, Daimler, Nissan, Ashok Leyland, BMW, Mitsubishi and Ford. Plus, offices of several IT companies, including TCS, Infosys and Cognizant, are also located in the city.
There is no dearth of hotels in Chennai that remain packed with people round the year. You can stay at luxury properties of famous hospitality chains or go for budget hotels in Chennai to save on accommodation. The best option for economy hotels in Chennai is FabHotels, with properties in various city localities.
Budget Hotels in Chennai
Best Localities in Chennai for your Short Stay
Popular Tourist Attractions in Chennai
From sandy shores and zoological gardens to colonial forts and ornate temples, the tourist attractions in Chennai are diverse. The following are the top 5 places to visit in Chennai:
- Marina Beach
- Kapaleeswarar Temple
- Santhome Basilica Church
- Government Museum
- Fort St George
Apart from these, Elliot's Beach, Covelong Beach, Birla Planetarium, Kishkinta amusement park, Arignar Anna Zoological Park, VGP Universal Kingdom and Chembarambakkam Lake are also popular among locals and tourists. There are a large number of hotels nearby these places of interest for travelers to access these easily.
Weekend Getaways near Chennai
- Mahabalipuram (56 km)
- Pondicherry (152 km)
- Kolli Hills (400 km)
Upcoming Festivals & Events in Chennai
|Madras Music Season
||January 1st – 13th
|EDM Night Saarang
||Indian Institute of Technology
||Sannidh Street Square
||January 10th – 13th
|Strengthen Our India Marathon
|Marathon Run to Celebrate Republic
||Madras Race Club
Shopping and Dining in Chennai
Chennai is a paradise for avid shoppers as it is home to traditional street markets as well as lavish shopping malls. Tamil handicrafts like sarees and jewelry are among the best and most prized in the country.
||All-in-one shopping experience
||North Indian attire
||Handicrafts and branded clothing
||Variety of sarees
Diners are in for a treat as they will find all their favorite South Indian dishes in their primal and authentic form here. You can sample two distinct cuisines: the mostly vegetarian Brahman cuisine, and the fiery Chettinad cuisine, which features a lot of meat preparations. There are loads of restaurants in Chennai, serving popular dishes like sambar, rasam, idlis and vadas. The variety of dosas and uttapams available in the metropolis is mind boggling. Another must try while in the city is the famous filter coffee, known for its unique method of preparation and the thick froth it generates.
If you are a seafood lover, then head to any of the beach shacks for the most amazing preparations using the freshest fish, crabs, lobsters, clams, oysters and prawns. Being a metropolis, dishes from across the globe are available here at cafes, bistros, gastropubs and fine-dining restaurants.
Nightlife in Chennai
Being one of the most important financial and industrial centers of India, It is home to people from across the globe, leading to an energetic nightclubs in Chennai.
|10 Downing Street
|The Flying Elephant
|Agent Jack’s Bar
||Senapati Bapat Road
|The Leather Bar
|Moon and Sixpence
||Guindy Industrial Estate
|Big Bang Theory
How to Reach Chennai
Being one of the four major metropolises in the country, state capital of Tamil Nadu, important port city and automobile manufacturing hub, Chennai is well connected to India with road, rail and air.
- By Air: Chennai International Airport has scheduled flights to and from major Indian cities as well as overseas destinations like Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Muscat, London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Abu Dhabi, Frankfurt, Bangkok and Colombo.
- By Train: Chennai Central is the main railhead here with services to and from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Bangalore and Ahmedabad. FabHotel Metro Manor is the best choice among hotels near Chennai Central Railway Station. If you are traveling from Egmore Station, then you can pick FabHotel Udipi Home
- By Road:Chennai is linked to various places in India via government-run and private buses. One of the busiest bus routes from Chennai is to Pondicherry, a town with a distinct French charm.
If you are searching for budget hotels in Pondicherry as well, then FabHotel Esparan Heritage and FabHotel Thaneegai Residency are ideal picks.
Best time to visit Chennai
- Chennai can be visited in almost in any month owing to its never-changing tropical weather
- April and May can be avoided because of excessive heat, while October and November subject the city to heavy rainfall
Why book FabHotels in Chennai?
With 400+ hotels in 35+ cities, FabHotels is the fastest growing hotel chain in India. In Chennai, it already has a firm presence in neighborhoods like Manapakkam, T Nagar, Porur, Guindy, OMR, Anna Nagar, Thoraipakkam and Mount Road. Photo-matched rooms and value-for-money stay are the two main reasons you should make hotel bookings in Chennai with FabHotels. Download our Android/iOS app or go to our website for exciting hotel deals and offers. Our customer care executives can be contacted at + 91 70 4242