- Best reviewed hotel chain.
- Most centrally located.
- Most value for money
Our staff get trained by the best in hospitality business.
We are always available to serve you, 24x7, for a fab stay.
Our Quality team inspects and ensures consistent standards in every room.
Hotels in Chennai: 28 FabHotels
Budget Hotels in Chennai
Situated on the Bay of Bengal coast, Chennai is a destination with many charms. Once a fishing village, it has transformed into a global metropolis since the arrival of the British. In the present day, lots of holidaymakers throng the capital of Tamil Nadu to enjoy some seaside fun. Since it is also a center of the Tamil culture, it houses loads of performing arts venues and museums. Another reason it witnesses such a huge footfall of people is its commercial significance. It is one of the most important port cities of the country, with ships coming and going to various destinations across the globe. Several international automobile companies have manufacturing plants here, giving it the nickname, Detroit of India. Some top automobile companies with plants in the metropolis are Renault, Hyundai, Royal Enfield, Yamaha, Daimler, Nissan, Ashok Leyland, BMW, Mitsubishi and Ford. Plus, offices of several IT companies, including TCS, Infosys and Cognizant, are also located in the city.
There is no dearth of hotels in Chennai that remain packed with people round the year. You can stay at luxury properties of famous hospitality chains or go for budget hotels in Chennai to save on accommodation. The best option for economy hotels in Chennai is FabHotels, with properties in various city localities. Dominated by the iconic Anna Nagar Tower, Anna Nagar is among the prominent commercial districts of Chennai. To stay in the buzzing area, FabHotel Flamingo is a good choice as it offers comfortable rooms with LCD TV, mini bar, air conditioner and attached bathroom. If you are looking for hotels in Thoraipakkam, Chennai's IT hub, you can go for FabHotel Joe Grande or FabHotel Venture Park.
Another locality with offices of IT firms is Manapakkam, and FabHotel Rithikha Inn is the best budget hotel in Manapakkam. The metropolis is also home to prestigious higher education institutions like IIT Madras and Anna University. To stay within proximity to either of these, you can pick FabHotel Grand Tiara Guindy.
Tourist Attractions in Chennai
From sandy shores and zoological gardens to colonial forts and ornate temples, the tourist attractions in Chennai are diverse. The following are the top 5 places to visit in Chennai:
- Marina Beach
- Kapaleeswarar Temple
- Santhome Basilica Church
- Government Museum
- Fort St George
Apart from these, Elliot's Beach, Covelong Beach, Birla Planetarium, Kishkinta amusement park, Arignar Anna Zoological Park, VGP Universal Kingdom and Chembarambakkam Lake are also popular among locals and tourists.
Shopping and Dining in Chennai
Chennai is a paradise for avid shoppers as it is home to traditional street markets as well as lavish malls. Tamil handicrafts like sarees and jewelry are among the best and most prized in the country. If you want to buy garments or things to decorate your house, then T Nagar is the place to throng. Nearby is Pondy Bazaar, which you can visit for cheap clothes and footwear. To access both these places easily, you can stay at FabHotel Blossoms T Nagar. For a range of stuff at one place, Anna Salai is the best locality to visit. FabHotel Priyadarshini Park is a preferred choice if you are planning a shopping spree in Anna Salai. Other popular places to shop in Chennai are George Town and Mylapore.
Diners are in for a treat as they will find all their favorite South Indian dishes in their primal and authentic form here. You can sample two distinct cuisines: the mostly vegetarian Brahman cuisine, and the fiery Chettinad cuisine, which features a lot of meat preparations. There are loads of restaurants in Chennai, serving popular dishes like sambar, rasam, idlis and vadas. The variety of dosas and uttapams available in the metropolis is mind boggling. Another must try while in the city is the famous filter coffee, known for its unique method of preparation and the thick froth it generates.
If you are a seafood lover, then head to any of the beach shacks for the most amazing preparations using the freshest fish, crabs, lobsters, clams, oysters and prawns. Being a metropolis, dishes from across the globe are available here at cafes, bistros, gastropubs and fine-dining restaurants. Annalakshmi Restaurant, The Marina, Adyar Sree Bhavan, GoGo Ramen, Winter Palace, Shiraz Art Café, InSeoul, Ma Tint Tint, Y Cook, Manhattan Fish Market and Ciclo Café are among the best places to eat in Chennai.
How to Reach Chennai
Being one of the four major metropolises in the country, state capital of Tamil Nadu, important port city and automobile manufacturing hub, Chennai is well connected to India with road, rail and air. Chennai International Airport has scheduled flights to and from major Indian cities as well as overseas destinations like Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Muscat, London, Dubai, Hong Kong, Abu Dhabi, Frankfurt, Bangkok and Colombo.
Chennai Central is the main railhead here with services to and from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Bangalore and Ahmedabad. FabHotel Metro Manor is the best choice among hotels near Chennai Central Railway Station. If you are traveling from Egmore Station, then you can pick FabHotel Udipi Home. Chennai is linked to various places in India via government-run and private buses. One of the busiest bus routes from Chennai is to Pondicherry, a town with a distinct French charm. If you are searching for budget hotels in Pondicherry as well, then FabHotel Esparan Heritage and FabHotel Thaneegai Residency Muthialpet are ideal picks.
- Which are the must see places to visit in Chennai? The main tourist highlights of Chennai are its colonial heritage, ornate Dravidian-style temples and sandy beaches. Marina Beach, Kapaleeswarar Temple, Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Government Museum, Fort St George, Elliot’s Beach, Guindy National Park, Santhome Cathedral Basilica, Thousand Lights Mosque and Saint Thomas Mount are the must-see places to visit in Chennai.
- Which are the top night clubs in Chennai? Being a major urban center, Chennai has quite a few nightclubs for merry makers. Gatsby 2000, Pasha, The Flying Elephant, Illusions – The Madras Pub, The Leather Bar, Blend, 10 Downing Street and Cloud 9 are the top nightclubs in Chennai.
- Which are the short trips that can be done from Chennai? Those, who want to go on short trips from Chennai, have lots of choices. Among the best options are Mahabalipuram, Pulicat, Kanchipuram, Tirupati, Nellore and Vellore.
- Which are the best markets to buy souvenirs in Chennai? Tamil handicrafts, sarees and jewelry are known for their exquisite designs. The best markets to buy souvenirs in Chennai are Dakshinachitra, T Nagar and Mount Road.
- Are unmarried couples allowed stay in Chennai hotels? There are different policies on check-in to unmarried couples at different hotels in Chennai. For more information, you can go to https://www.fabhotels.com/terms-conditions.
- Which are the hotels in Chennai with a budget of 1500 or less for double occupancy? You can enjoy a comfortable stay at hotels in Chennai within budget. For double occupancy room prices, visit our homepage - https://www.fabhotels.com/ - and type the city name, your check-in and check-out dates and number of occupants, and then click Show FabHotels.
- Which are the things to do in Chennai? Chennai has a variety of things to do, making it a popular holiday destination. People can visit its monuments, temples, museums and churches, repose on beaches, indulge in thrilling watersports, shop for handicrafts, try local delights and enjoy the nightlife.
- What are the modes of local transport in Chennai? Chennai has a well-developed transport network as it is a major industrial, commercial, tourist and political hub. Suburban trains, metro, taxis and buses are the various modes of local transport in Chennai.
- How can I get best deals on online hotel booking for Chennai? To get the best deals on online hotel booking in Chennai, you can pick FabHotels. For amazing discounts, just click https://www.fabhotels.com/deals/fab-grab-rs-400-off.
- What are the things to buy in the local markets in Chennai? Shopper will not be disappointed as they can purchase just about anything in Chennai. While in Chennai, visitors can shop for ethnic handicrafts, Tamil sarees, electronics, latest fashionwear, accessories and apparel.