Amritsar Hotels Booking
- Amritsar is one of the most spiritually significant cities in India. After its settlement in 1574, it became the religious center for the Sikh community across the globe, and later attracted freedom fighters in large numbers during the British Raj.
- But, the spiritual vibe and history are not the only reasons Amritsar is a prime choice among travelers. In the recent time, Amritsar has also emerged as an educational hub; the Indian Institute of Management is the most prestigious higher-education institution here.
- Businesspersons are also attracted to the city regularly as it is home to many textile, machinery, printing and chemical industries.
All this has led to a steady increase in the number of people coming here, who have loads of hotels in Amritsar to choose from. You can pick 5-star properties or even budget hotels in Amritsar for a comfortable stay. Those, who are not looking to spend much on accommodation, yet do not want to compromise on modern amenities, can opt for FabHotels.
Budget Hotels in Amritsar
- FabHotel Basera, FabHotel Orbion, FabHotel Azaad Lifestyle and FabHotel Prime Royal Suites are some of the best hotels in Amritsar
- All these are offer well-equipped rooms and easy access to Golden Temple
Best Localities in Amritsar for your Short Stay
- Golden Temple area
- Mall Road
- Queens Road
- Beauty Avenue
- Gobind Nagar
- Fatehgarh Churian
- Daburji Road
- Diamond Avenue
- New Green Field
- Nehru Nagar
- Paris Town
Tourist Attractions in Amritsar
There are numerous places to visit in Amritsar, ranging from sites of religious importance to those with an interesting past. Listed below are the top 5 attractions in Amritsar that travelers must not miss out on visiting:
- Harmandir Sahib
- Jallianwala Bagh
- Durgiana Temple
- Attari-Wagah Border
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum
FabHotel Royal Villa and FabHotel Platinum Inn & Suites are the most booked hotels in Amritsar near Golden Temple (Harmandir Sahib). For a glimpse into the local history, tourists can also visit the Partition Museum, dedicated to one of the most important events in post-Independence India. Similarly, the Central Sikh Museum showcases photos and paintings glorifying the history and culture of the world's newest religion. Gurdwara Baba Atal and Hall Gate Circle are other great places to explore in Amritsar.
Shopping and Dining in Amritsar
Apart from a pilgrimage destination, Amritsar is a paradise for avid shoppers. It is home to both street markets that remind people of the olden days as well as humongous malls that make for a more contemporary experience. From colorful juttis and attire with intricate Phulkari work to jewelry and local snacks, the variety of goods available in the city is staggering.
||Gold and silver jewelry
||Traditional Punjabi attire
|Katra Jaimal Singh Bazaar
||Wide variety of clothing
|Lahori Gate Market
||Footwear and accessories
|Old City Bazaar
||Traditional juttis and bangles
||Traditional Punjabi attire
|Papad Warian Bazaar
Among the essential things to do in Amritsar is tasting the local dishes. Full of flavor and color, Punjabi cuisine is among the most popular in the country as well as overseas. Local meat preparations like tandoori chicken and butter chicken have already taken the global culinary scene by storm. Some of the most popular vegetarian dishes originating in Punjab are kadhai paneer, shahi paneer and dal makhani. However, a staple in the rural area around Amritsar is the humble, yet superb makke di roti and sarson da saag (maize flat bread with a preparation of mustard leaves). Another Punjabi essential is the lassi, which is an effective way to cool off during the summer season.
Nightlife in Amritsar
Punjabis are known for their fun-loving attitude and living their life to the fullest, which is evident in the vibrant nightlife scene of Amritsar.
|Stars N Bars
|The Lumsden Club
||Civil Lines Road
How to Reach Amritsar
Being a major city and pilgrimage center, Amritsar is well connected to the rest of India by road, rail and air.
- Air: The primary air transit hub in the city is Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport. It has direct flights to and from Delhi, Dubai, Birmingham, Mumbai, Jammu and many other cities. You can pick from numerous hotels near Amritsar airport for hassle-free connectivity.
- Rail: Amritsar Railway Station is the main rail transit point in the city with daily trains from all major cities and towns. Those, looking for hotels in Amritsar near railway station can stay at FabHotel Aay Kay.
- Road: One of the most important highways in the entire Asian continent, the Grand Trunk Road passes through the city, linking it directly with the national capital, New Delhi. Punjab Roadways, the state-owned transport authority, runs regular buses to Amritsar from Delhi, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Haridwar and Jammu.
Best Time to Visit Amritsar
- February-March and October-November are the best times to visit Amritsar
- The city experiences hot summers, wet monsoon and cold and often foggy winters; hence, these are not ideal for a visit
Why book FabHotels in Amritsar?
FabHotels is one of the most preferred chains of hotels in India as it offers comfortable accommodation with warm services within budget. All our hotels in Amritsar are located close to the railway station, major markets, airport and popular attractions. You will find hordes of affordable hotels in Amritsar near Golden Temple, which is why we are hugely popular among tourists and pilgrims. You can make an online hotel booking in Amritsar directly on our user-friendly website or Android and iOS apps. By registering for our A-List loyalty program, you earn points with every booking that guarantee you exciting rewards.