Coupon STAYFAB applied on all FabHotels. Up to 45% + Extra 21% Off. Lowest prices guaranteed.
Hotels in Goa: 14 FabHotels
Budget Hotels in Goa
An exotic emerald on the west coast of India, Goa is fun in every sense of the word. The sunny beaches, captivating horizon, colonial legacy, mouth-watering seafood, buzzing flea markets and lively nightclubs make it an absolutely irresistible destination for any traveler. Due to its extreme popularity on the tourism chart, Goa offers a number of budget accommodation options. Vacationers can pick from economy hotels, bed n breakfast and luxury beachfront resorts depending on their choice. Resorts near Goa beaches score the highest among tourists owing to easy accessibility, panoramic views and various leisure amenities. Like in 25+ other destinations, FabHotels has hotels and resorts in Goa as well near some of the most popular beaches including Ashwem, Morjim and Candolim. Among the most preferred ones are FabHotel Ashvem Beach Resort and FabHotel Retreat Morjim. FabHotel The King's Court Calangute is also opted by those who look for hotels in Calangute - a famous beach town in North Goa.
October to March is the peak season in Goa as the weather is cool and pleasant then, thus online hotel bookings should be made beforehand to avoid any last-minute troubles. You can book hotels and resorts in Goa directly on FabHotels' user-friendly Android app, website or call at +91-7042424242 for any assistance.
All our hotels in Goa are located close to beaches and are well-appointed with modern amenities. They are also very well reviewed across various online customer portals.
Tourist Attractions in Goa
The land of Sun, Sand and Sea, Goa has much more to its credit than the natural abundance. Thronged by all kinds of travelers be it a quiescence seeker, party goer or heritage lover, the destination has a mélange of attractions to explore. Among the top 5 places to visit in Goa include:
- Fort Aguada
- Basilica of Bom Jesus
- Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls
- Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church
In addition, tourists can go on museum hopping to get an insight into the heritage of the state. Museum of Goa, Museum of Christian Art and Goa State Museum are some of the most popular museums in the state. There are many budget hotels in Goa that are located close to these attractions and other prominent landmarks.
While there are a lot of things to do in Goa, don't miss out on a Dolphin-watching Cruise amidst gleaming Arabian waters. The cruises usually run from Sinquerim, Fort Aguada or the Panaji Jetty. The typical Goan parties and festivals also draw a lot of fun-loving tourists. Although Goa Carnival (held in February every year) remains the most loved of them all, Grape Escapade also adds to the list.
Shopping and Dining in Goa
This wonderful avenue for the beach lover, the explorer, the backpacker, the foodie, the group of students on a budget or the honeymooners is full of shopping and dining options. From economical flea markets like Arpora Saturday Night Market and Anjuna's Wednesday Flea Market to designer boutiques and stores, Goa has a lot for shopaholics. Travelers can buy junk jewelry, chic clothes, beachwear, bags, accessories and antiques as keepsakes and gifts for loved ones. Margao and Mapusa Market are other most-visited shopping places in Goa.
Travelers can get a true flavor of Goa by exploring shacks near Anjuna Beach and Baga Beach that offer scrumptious seafood and beverages. While fresh fish can be bought from the well-known Chapora fish market, the famous cashew feni is available in Margao. Sampling a typical Goan lunch at spice plantations such as Sahakari Spice Farm and Savoi Plantation also becomes mandatory on a Goa tour.
For those who prefer fine dining, Tito's lane is the best with a range of elegant open-air restaurant and cafes. Here, tourists can binge on Konkani, Portuguese, French and more global fare. The most widely served dishes in these cafés and restaurants include French toasts, pancakes, pork vindaloo, Goan fish curry, pork cutlets and chicken xacuti that never fail to impress visitors. The lane is also home to many happening nightclubs, resorts, financial centers, and tour agents.
Upcoming Festivals and Events
Goa is among the most unique states in India in terms of culture and festive celebrations owing to its strong European influence. No event reflects this fact better than the mighty Goa Carnival, to be held from 10th to 13th February. Traditionally, the Carnival has been a day for Christians to feast and make merry before the 40-day Lent, during which they abstain from such things. Beginning on Fat Saturday with a procession led by the ceremonial King Momo, the festival consists of people in vibrant costumes, singing, dancing and marching down the streets of Goa. A lot of feasting, drinking and merry making is the norm during the three days. Plays, showcasing the rich state culture are also organized as is a float parade competition. The Carnival ends with much fanfare on Ash Wednesday, the starting of Lent.
The very next day, i.e. February 14th, is Valentine's Day, and no place celebrates it in India better than Goa. Still drenched in Carnival colors, Goa features DJ music, various types of dances, games, competitions, dinner, quizzes and trivia. So, if you are coming here for the Carnival, then you might stay for Valentine's Day as well.
How to Reach Goa
It is not difficult to reach Goa as it is connected through all modes of transport. The only airport in Goa, Dabolim Airport or Goa International Airport lies approximately 25 km from Panaji. The state has three main rail stations, Margao, Thivim, and Vasco-da-Gama that host frequent trains from Mumbai, Bangalore, and other major cities of the country. Those who are planning to reach Goa by road can come via National Highway 17 which links the state to neighboring cities.
While in Goa, travelers can also plan to explore the historic city of Pune which is widely known for its association with the fearless warrior, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. It is around 8 hours' drive away and can be reached via NH 8. For accommodation, there are many 3 star and budget hotels in Pune that ensure a hassle-free stay to guests. FabHotel Gandharva Shivajinagar and FabHotel Rajwada Baner are to name a few.
- Which are the must-see places to visit in Goa? Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, Baga Beach, Anjuna Flea Market and Fort Aguada are the must-visit places in Goa.
- How can I avail best discounted prices on hotels in Goa? FabHotels.com keeps offering best discounted prices on hotels in Goa from time to time. You can avail those applicable deals and offers by clicking https://www.fabhotels.com/deals/fab-grab-flat-20-percent-off
- Can unmarried couples stay in hotels in Goa? The check-in policy for unmarried couples/local IDs varies across hotels. For details, you can read our Terms & Conditions.
- How do I book hotels in Goa near beaches? FabHotel makes it easier for you to book your preferred hotel near the several beaches. For hotels near Calangute Beach, just type the beach name in the Let’s Get Started section on our homepage or simply click https://www.fabhotels.com/hotels-in-goa/calangute-beach/ . Similarly, if you are looking for hotels near Ashwem Beach, you can click https://www.fabhotels.com/hotels-in-goa/vagator-beach/ .
- What all things can be bought at nearby markets in Goa? The must-buys at the markets in Goa include ethnic handicrafts, jewelry, clothes, seashell artefacts and sausages.
- Which are the top night clubs in Goa? Goa is known for its nightclubs that serve the wackiest of cocktails and host the most entertaining of DJs. Silent Noise Club, Club Cubana, Tito’s, SinQ Night Club, Cafe Mambos, LPK Waterfront, UV Bar, Cape Town Café and Shiva Valley are the top nightclubs in Goa.
- Which are the 5 top beaches in Goa? Goa is home to numerous beaches where you can lay back, rest under palms, play with the waves, take a walk or build sand castles. The top 5 beaches in Goa are Ashwem Beach, Baga Beach, Calangute Beach, Candolim Beach and Vagator Beach.
- Which are the hotels in Goa with a budget of 1500? FabHotels provides comfortable accommodation at numerous hotels in Goa, all of which come in the 4-Star category in your desired budget. You can book a room at FabHotel All Seasons, FabHotel Lands End and FabHotel Ashvem Beach Resort. To save further on accommodation, you can check out the exciting offers that we, at FabHotels, come out with from time to time.
- Are there surfing, snorkeling, diving options in North Goa? Yes, there are options for surging, snorkeling and diving in North Goa at Dona Paula, Baga Beach, Sinquerim Beach and Candolim Beach.
- Which are the good budget hotels in Goa with facilities of heater and air conditioner? Facilities like heater and air conditioner are provided at every FabHotel for a comfortable stay. The good budget hotels in Goa with air conditioner and heater are FabHotel Ashvem Beach Resort and FabHotel Sovi Studios.