About Kolkata Hotels Booking
- The capital of West Bengal, Kolkata is a city with many faces. Mainly developed by the British, it has grown rapidly to become one of the four metropolises in the country. A large number of globally operating companies like ITC Group, Tata Steel, Britannia, Visa and Philips have their offices or regional headquarters here. Haldia Port on the Hooghly River makes Kolkata a busy trade center, in turn bringing lots of business travelers here.
- The British reign has left Kolkata with many magnificent buildings that are now important tourist attractions.
- In addition, the culture of West Bengal is extremely rich, and loads of people come to the city just to revel in regional traditions.
Owing to all these reasons, the hospitality sector is steadily prospering in the megacity; hence, finding hotels in Kolkata is no problem at all. Accommodation can be sought at luxury hotels as well as budget hotels in Kolkata. If you are looking for cheap hotels in Kolkata, then look no further than FabHotels which offers several accommodation options in the City of Joy.
Budget Hotels in Kolkata
- The best hotels in Kolkata include FabHotel Mishra Residency, FabHotel Paradise Inn, FabHotel Astoria House and FabHotel Ratnakar Residency.
- All these hotels have contemporary rooms with modern amenities and complimentary Wi-Fi as common features.
Best Localities in Kolkata for your Short Stay
- New Town
- Park Street
- Salt Lake City
- Elgin Road
- Phool Bagan
Popular Tourist Attractions in Kolkata
There are lots of attractions in the East Indian metropolis that give a glimpse into its glorious history and Bengali culture. Here are the top 5 places to visit in Kolkata:
- Victoria Memorial
- Indian Museum
- Marble Palace
- Indian Museum
- Dakshineswar Kali Temple
Other popular attractions in the city are Howrah Bridge, Nicco Park, Kalighat Temple, Maidan, Fort William, Science City and Birla Planetarium.
Upcoming Festivals & Events in Kolkata
One of the biggest factors in Kolkata earning the nickname, ‘the City of Joy’, is the large number of festivals and events that happen here.
|Sonu Nigam Concert
||Biswa Bangla Convention Centre
||July 04, 2018
Shopping and Dining in Kolkata
Being a major city, Kolkata has no dearth of places that you can throng for retail therapy.
||All-in-one shopping and Gothic architecture
|Dakshinapan Shopping Center
||Bengali silk and cotton sarees
||Rajasthani textiles and clothing
Ardent foodies will instantly fall in love with Kolkata, as the cuisine of West Bengal is extremely flavorful. The delightful aroma of mustard fills every corner of the City of Joy. When in the city, do not forget to sample famous sweets like sandesh and rasgulla that are bound to be in their most authentic rendition in the capital of West Bengal. You will have a wide variety of seafood dishes to choose from, as West Bengal is primarily a coastal state. Popular restaurant chains like Barbeque Nation, McDonald's, Domino's, Pizza Hut, Café Coffee Day and India Coffee House also have several outlets here. Park Street is among the best places in Kolkata for foodies as it is lined with restaurants, cafes, street stalls and bars. Those looking for hotels in Park Street Kolkata can go for FabHotel Ratnakar Inn.
Nightlife and After Hours
Being a major metropolis, Kolkata draws loads of people from across the country; hence, there are many of nightlife spots here.
|Someplace Else Pub
|Shisha Bar Stock Exchange
|M Bar & Kitchen
||AJC Bose Road
|Privy Ultra Lounge
||Lala Lajpat Rai Sarani
How to Reach Kolkata
Being of immense commercial, historical and cultural significance, Kolkata is well connected to the rest of India by air, road and rail.
- By Air:Netaji Subhas Chandra International Airport has direct flights to and from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Dimapur, Dibrugarh, Pune, Port Blair, Bagdogra, Bhubaneswar, Imphal, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Visakhapatnam, Kochi and Nagpur. The international destinations connected to the airport by scheduled air services include Kuala Lumpur, Dhaka, Singapore, Bangkok, Paro, Denpasar, Singapore, Colombo and Yangon..
- By Train: Two of the largest and busiest railway stations in the entire country, Howrah Junction and Sealdah Junction are also located here. Several important trains, including Rajdhani Express connect the city to the national capital, Delhi. If you are looking for a hotel in Kolkata near railway station, you have a number of options to choose from.
- By Road:People can also take National Highway 12, 16 or 112 to reach the megacity from different parts of India.
Best Time to Visit Kolkata
- The best time to visit Kolkata is between October and March when the weather is pleasant and the days are clear
- Kolkata experiences hot summers (April-June) and extremely wet monsoon (July-September)
FabHotels already has a number of economy hotels in Kolkata to choose from. All our hotels are located close to the airport and railway stations, major business zones, prominent retail hubs and popular attractions. You can even book a Kolkata hotel near New Market to experience the buzz at this heritage shopping complex. We also have numerous hotels in Kolkata for unmarried couples that offer all modern comfort and ample privacy. An online hotel booking in Kolkata can be made directly on our user-friendly website and Android/iOS app.