Best Places to Stay in Goa
Located on the western coast of India, Goa is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the country. The beautiful beaches, striking landscape, diverse seafood, and Portuguese architecture attract travellers from across the world, throughout the year. While Goa Carnival, New Year, and other festivals are major tourist-pullers, its stellar nightlife with beach shacks, trendy bars, and clubs make it an all-year-round destination in India. If you are wondering where to stay in Goa, you will find many comfortable accommodation options with different tariffs.
Here’s a look at some of the best places to stay in Goa.
Best Places to Stay in North Goa:
This is one of the busiest towns in North Goa and a favourite among tourists and backpackers. Arambol Beach is the newest and most beautiful beach, which has a unique Bohemian vibe that attracts many foreign nationals.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 60.9 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 61.2 km
- Top Attractions: Live music gigs, open-air events, vibrant nightlife, cultural events, such as the Indian Juggling Convention and Tribal Dance Festival
This coastal village in North Goa is a popular tourist spot. It has two beaches – Mandrem Beach and Ashwem Beach. On Mandrem Beach, you will find some high-end accommodation options in a secluded setting. Both beaches have shacks serving seafood. You can also enjoy delectable French, Italian, and global cuisines at Mandrem Beach.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 54.3 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 54.6 km
- Top Attractions: Aguada Fort, Anjuna Beach, Calangute Beach, Chapora Fort
If you are visiting Goa for the first time, you must book your stay in one of the hotels in Tiswadi. This place has an Old Goa charm and you will find most of the city’s cultural sights here. The capital city of Goa - Panaji also lies on this island.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 27.7 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 27.9 km
- Top Attractions: Se Cathedral, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa State Museum, Dona Paula Jetty, Siridao Beach
This secluded township is located in the northern-most subdivision of Goa. It is perfect for spending some time away from the beaches. The rivers Tiracol and Chapora offer enticing views, making the place a favourite among nature lovers. You can also bond with the locals and enjoy fishing with them.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 57.7 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 57.9 km
- Top Attractions: Shri Bhagwati Temple, Deshprabhu House, Alorna Fort
This wonderful place offers mesmerising views of the Arabian Sea. Miramar Beach, 4.7 km from Panaji, is one of the most popular and best-situated beaches in Goa. Unlike some other beaches in the state, the beach has many hotels for tourists who want to stay in the vicinity.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 29.3 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 29.5 km
- Top Attractions: Shopping around the beach, Aguada Fort, Dona Paula
6. Baga Beach
Baga is a favourite among water sports lovers. This lively beach stays awake the entire night and is also known as “The Hometown of Nightlife”. If you are looking to enjoy delectable foods, adventure sports, and shopping, Baga Beach is a wonderful option. It is also one of the best places to stay in Goa for nightlife.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 42.2 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 42.4 km
- Top Attractions: Calangute Beach, Anjuna Beach, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Chapora Fort, Se Cathedral
This township is situated at the entrance to Panaji. The ideal location and proximity to the rest of the state make it one of the best places to stay in Goa with friends and family. What’s more, you can easily find many economical and comfortable accommodation options in Porvorim.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 33.5 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 33.7 km
- Top Attractions: Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary, Reis Magos Fort, Cajuerio Restaurant, Majestic Pastry Shop
8. Sinquerim Beach
Located 13.5 km from Panaji, Sinquerim is one of the best beaches in North Goa. This beautiful beach with a spectacular stretch of sand hosts many water sports activities. It has many restaurants, shacks, and some of the finest hotels and resorts with high-class boarding facilities.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 38.6 km
- Distance from Vasco-Da-Gama Railway Station: 38.8 km
- Top Attractions: Aguada Fort, nightclubs, water sports activities, boat ride for seeing the dolphins, lighthouse
Best Places to Stay in South Goa:
Salcete district is located on the southern side of Tiswadi. The place is quieter when compared to North Goa and is ideal for those looking for a peaceful stay. From a busy city to scenic views and clean beaches, you will find almost everything in Salcete.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 32.5 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 4 km
- Top Attractions: Benaulim Beach, Varca Beach, Church of St. John the Baptist, The Zuri White Sands Casino
This calm and clean city in South Goa is one of the most interesting and best areas to stay in Goa for couples and travellers with young children. It has more than 20 scenic beaches in the vicinity and you can also enjoy the many activities and shopping here.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 63.1 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 35 km
- Top Attractions: Guided dolphin tour, guided tour of the Tanshikar Spice Farm, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary, swimming in Palolem, Agonda Beach, Mallikarjuna Temple
The township has many beaches in close proximity. Apart from spending time on the beaches, you can also visit the churches, temples and mosques in the area. Shopping and dining in and around the beaches are amazing.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 28.3 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 1 km
- Top Attractions: Our Lady of Grace Church, Aga Khan Children’s Park, Raitollem Lake, Shia Imam Ismaili Khoja Jamatkhana
12. Arossim Beach
When looking for a relaxing holiday in Goa, you must stay near Arossim Beach. You can laze around on the soft sands and enjoy lip-smacking seafood and refreshments. Head inland and you will find some intriguing colonial homes in the area.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 16 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 14.7 km
- Top Attractions: St. Lawrence Chapel, Sao Jacinto Island, Portuguese architecture, wildlife
This coastal town is popular for the serene and secluded Betul Beach. Sal, one of the biggest rivers in Goa meets the Arabian Sea here. While there are no villas and shacks right on the beach, you can find many properties in the vicinity.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 43.1 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 15.8 km
- Top Attractions: River cruises to spot dolphins and different species of birds and bats, fishing trips with local fishermen, Betul Fort, Betul Lighthouse
This place is known for Palacia do Deao Mansion, which is a blend of Portuguese and Indian architecture. It has a restaurant, library, Hindu-style catholic chapel, and more, making it a popular tourist attraction among those looking to get to Portuguese time Goa.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 40.6 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 12.1 km
- Top Attractions: Holy Cross Church, Old Dam, Holy Cross Hillock
15. Varca Beach
This is a quiet location and one of the best areas to stay in Goa for couples. If you are looking to disconnect from the fast city life and be close to nature, you must book your stay near Varca Beach.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 29.2 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 7.2 km
- Top Attractions: Our Lady of Glory Church, Colva Beach, Margao Market, Zuri White Sands Casino
Located in Canacona in South Goa, Agonda Village is popular for its beach. The white sands with many colourful shacks lend the authentic Goan vibes. You can relax in beach beds or hammocks here and enjoy the splendour of this clean and beautiful beach.
- Distance from Dabolim Airport: 63.6 km
- Distance from Madgaon Railway Station: 36.3 km
- Top Attractions: Water sports, cruise, nightlife, Cabo De Rama Fort, Rock Formations, Chapoli Dam
Goa is a dream destination for beach and nature lovers. Whether you are looking for a relaxing stay or want to enjoy the beach parties and the nightlife, Goa has plenty of places to stay for all kinds of travellers.