All About IndiGo Web Check-In
IndiGo is India’s largest passenger airline that offers over 1300 daily flights to 53 domestic and 16 international destinations, along with 8 Code Share destinations on Turkish Airlines. The low-cost carrier (LCC) has carved a niche for itself because of its low fares, on-time operations and customer-friendly services, including numerous check-in options. Whether it’s web check-in or mobile check-in, passengers can easily do it in just a few minutes. IndiGo web check-in service is extensively used by passengers as enough check-in time window is available to do seat selection, check-in baggage and other things. This, in turn, helps passengers escape the long queues at the airport and thus, saving their time and effort. IndiGo web check-in process begins 48 hours in advance of the scheduled departure. Passengers can check-in online any time up to 1 hour prior to the domestic flight departure.
Steps to Follow for IndiGo Web Check-In
- To avail IndiGo web check-in option, log on the airline website goindigo.in and click on the ‘Book’ section. From the dropdown menu, select the web check-in service option. Alternatively, you can select the ‘Manage’ section on the homepage, then Manage Bookings header and then Check-in section to land on the web check-in page. Or, simply click on www.goindigo.in/web-check-in.html.
- After this, you need to enter the PNR or Booking Reference Number and your email address or last name.
- Seat selection is the next step. There are certain seats that are chargeable.
- Post seat confirmation, the boarding pass is issued. Make sure to take a printout. Also, mail it to your registered email address just in case you misplace it or forget to carry the printout on the day of travel.
Things to Remember While Doing IndiGo Web Check-In
- For IndiGo web check-in, keep valid and confirmed PNR or Booking Reference Number handy.
- Web check-in service can be availed up to 1 hour before the departure of the flight. The check-in time starts 48 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Don’t forget to carry the printout of the boarding pass. So, make sure you connect the PC or laptop with a printer when you start the web check-in process.
- The check-in baggage should not be more than 15 kg, while the hand baggage should be less than 7 kg.
- If you have luggage, then drop your check in baggage at the bag drop counter at the airport. In case of no check in baggage, head straight for the security check.
- Web check in is one of the most popular check-in options, so make sure you use the check-in online facility well in advance to get the desired seat.
- While doing seat selection, please note that some seats are charged.
- Not more than 9 passengers per PNR with at most 4 segments can check-in online at a time.
- Passengers requiring special assistance, such as a wheelchair, cannot check-in online.
- Those who have booked their tickets under special categories, such as Senior Citizen, Students, Unaccompanied Minors, Armed Forces, etc. are not eligible for web check in.
IndiGo Customer Care Support
For assistance, you can get in touch with IndiGo customer care executives at +91-124-6173838 and +91-9910383838.
IndiGo Web Check-In FAQs
Q. What is web check in?
A. Web check in is one of the popular check-in options that allow passengers with a valid and confirmed domestic flight ticket to check in advance. IndiGo passengers can check-in online any time between 48 hours and 1 hour prior to the scheduled flight departure.
Q. Does IndiGo provide web check in?
A. Yes, IndiGo offers its passengers web check in option to help them save time and energy by avoiding long queues at the airport; thus, making the whole process hassle-free for them.
Q. How can I do web check in with IndiGo?
Q. When can I do IndiGo web checkin?
A. Travellers with a confirmed domestic flight ticket can avail the web check-in service up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
Q. Can everyone access IndiGo web check-in service?
A. Almost everyone can check-in online, except those having reservation for special service such as a wheelchair, firearms, etc. Also, senior citizens, armed forces personnel, students, groups with more than 9 members per PNR or those with special booking cannot use web check in facility.
Q. Will I get a boarding pass after web checkin?
A. Yes, you will get a boarding pass once you have completed the check-in online process. Please make sure that you carry a printout of the boarding pass.
Q. Can I enter the airport using my web check-in boarding pass?
A. No, you cannot enter the airport just on the basis of your web check-in boarding pass. You have to carry a valid photo ID for entering the airport.
Q. Will I get a seat of my choice if I avail IndiGo web check-in service?
A. You will get the seat of your choice if it is available at the check-in time. While doing the seat selection, you must note that some seats are charged, such as emergency exit seats and recliner seats.
Q. When do I have to reach the airport after IndiGo web check in?
A. It is advisable to reach the airport well in time to avoid any last-minute hassle. Even though you have the boarding pass after completing the IndiGo web check in process, there are other formalities that need to be done at the airport, including the mandatory security check. Besides, those with check in baggage have to drop it at the bag drop counter before proceeding for security check. Note that the departure gates close 25 minutes before the take-off; hence, it’s better to reach 60-90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
Q. What about my check in baggage?
A. You can check in your luggage while availing the web check-in service. At the airport, head straight to the bag drop counter of IndiGo for tagging and thereafter, to the security check area.
Q. Can my entire family use the web check-in service?
A. You can quickly and easily check-in online to get the boarding pass for your entire family, only if there are not more 9 members. IndiGo does not offer web check in option to more than 9 passengers on a single booking reservation with a maximum of 4 segments, in case of group booking.