It’s Friday afternoon, the weekend is some hours away and you’re stuck with a plaguing question, “Where do you hangout with your squad in Hyderabad? Which hangout place would be budget-friendly? In which exclusive restaurant can you celebrate important milestones?” If you are looking for the best hangout places in Hyderabad, look no further. This blog is all you need to read:
Best Hangout Places in Hyderabad:
- 10 Downing Street
- Hussain Sagar Lake and Buddha Statue
- The Fisherman’s Wharf
- Ram’s Dosa House
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Shahi Dastarkhwan
- The Roastery Coffee House
1. 10 Downing Street
The perfect hangout spot to unwind after a long day at work, this corporate favourite is a decade into being the perfect British watering hole in Hyderabad. Popularly called 10 D, the place offers a unique theme every night of the week and continues to reign supreme in the city’s nightlife circuit. The colonial artwork and the wooden bar recreate the charm of old London-style pubs. What’s more is this hangout place in Hyderabad also offers karaoke and space for dancing the night away!
- Location: SLN Terminus Mall, Gachibowli and My Home Tycoon, Begumpet
- Approximate cost for two: ₹ 1800 (with alcohol)
- Cuisine: North Indian, Continental, Chinese
- Opening time: 12:0 PM to 12:00 AM
- Ideal for: Corporate dinners, karaoke sessions, large group of friends
- Must try: Mojitos, Apollo fish, Coconut Garlic Noodles, Lasagna
- Pro tip: Both locations of 10 D are perfect to catch a live match with your gang!
Looking for more Pubs in Hyderabad? Click here to know more
2. Hussain Sagar Lake and Buddha Statue
The ‘City of Nizams’ is a perfect balance of the old and the new; from historic mosques and iconic restaurants run by multiple generations of the same family to the biggest names in the corporate world with their offices located in the city…the city is an incredible mosaic of eras.
Such balance is clearly visible in the heart of Hyderabad, specifically in Hussain Sagar Lake and the famous Buddha Statue. Hussain Sagar lake, named after Hussain Shah Wali, was created in AD 1562-63 during the reign of Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah. The Buddha Statue, standing almost 60 feet tall and weighing 450 tonnes, is carved out of white granite, it took almost five years to complete. This area is one of the best hangout places to visit in Hyderabad in the evening as it looks beautiful, resplendent with multi-coloured lights and you can do so much. Take a stroll with your gang or partner, stop at Eat Street to grab a quick bite or go boating on the Hussain Sagar Lake.
- Boating Fee: ₹ 55 to ₹ 300 (depending on the type of boat)
- Activities: Light show at the Buddha statue, boating, jet skiing
- Trivia: Hussain Sagar Lake is the biggest artificial lake in Asia. During the time of construction, the Buddha Statue tipped over in the water and stayed at the bottom of the lake for almost two years!
27 Tourist Places to Visit in Hyderabad to Experience Culture, Cuisine, and Unlimited Fun
3. The Fisherman’s Wharf
What do you do when you are aching for some surf and turf, especially the kind Goa provides, in Hyderabad? You go to The Fisherman’s Wharf to enjoy authentic Goan cuisine. One of the best restaurants in Hyderabad, this place has ample open-air seating, live music and numerous seafood platters! Launched in 2017 in Hyderabad, The Fisherman’s Wharf was first established in 2005 in South Goa. It has clearly become a favourite hangout place in Hyderabad among locals and tourists alike!
- Location: Financial District, ISB, Gachibowli
- Approximate cost for two: ₹ 1500 with alcohol
- Cuisine: Goan, Asian, North Indian, Continental
- Opening Time: 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM, 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM, 7:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- Ideal for: Sunday brunches with friends, corporate lunches
- Must try: Raspberry Long Island Iced Tea, Calamari, Red Snapper, Poha Tikki
- Pro Tip: Book a table in advance to get the best seats on the rooftop, especially during the weekend
4. Ram’s Dosa House
This is one of those bucket list food joints in Hyderabad that you have to visit with your gang to experience what the hype is all about. Originally a roadside stall in Nampally, called Ram Ki Bandi, Ram’s Dosa House arrived in the upscale Banjara Hills with its simple, delicious South Indian dishes, and rest, as they say, is history. It is one of the few late night eateries in Hyderabad, perfect hangout place for the hunger pangs that strike when surrounded with your friends!
- Location: BNR Colony, Banjara Hills (Ram’s Dosa House) and Mozamjahi Market, Nampally (Ram Ki Bandi)
- Approximate cost for two: ₹ 250
- Cuisine: South Indian
- Opening Time: 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM (Banjara Hills) and 5:00 AM to 8:00 AM (Nampally)
- Ideal for: Night pig-outs with your gang
- Must Try: Butter Dosa, Pizza Dosa, Tawa Idli
5. Hard Rock Cafe
The place needs no introduction. Famous for its happy hours, live music and delicious finger food, Hard Rock Cafe is a no-brainer when it comes to having a great time with your gang. And it’s not just the food and the drinks, Hard Rock Cafe is one of the best fun places in Hyderabad to hangout with your friends, which the quirky staff and ambience aptly ensure. The portion size is generous and the place is popular for live screenings of sports events, and music performances (most important). Rock and roll with your gang here!
- Location: GVK One, Banjara Hills
- Approximate Cost for Two: ₹ 2000 with alcohol
- Cuisine: American
- Opening Time: 12:00 PM to 11:30 PM (Happy Hours from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM)
- Ideal for: Couples, Team outings
- Must Try: Burgers, Chicken Nachos, Cheesecake
- Pro Tip: Gift your friends the iconic Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt and other merchandise available at the restaurant itself!
6. Shahi Dastarkhwan
You cannot be in Hyderabad and not gorge on delicious Hyderabadi biryani with your friends, right? Shahi Dastarkhwan is a favourite not only among the college crowd, but you will often find young and old connoisseurs of biryani waiting excitedly for the famous dishes. You are guaranteed to leave with your stomach and heart satiated and ready to come back for more.
- Location: Mustafa Apartment, Lakdikapul
- Approximate Cost for Two: ₹ 800
- Cuisine: Mughlai, North Indian, Chinese
- Opening Time: 12 PM to 11:30 PM
- Must Try: Pathar Ka Gosht, Hyderabadi Biryani, Mutton Biryani, Haleem
- Pro Tip: Seating might be a challenge during peak hours, which are evening and late night
7. The Roastery Coffee House
A perfect place to spend some quiet time with your loved ones or even on your own, The Roastery Coffee House is a hot favourite, majorly for its scrumptious breakfast. The open-air seating and pocket-friendly menu are just what the doctor ordered for a lazy Sunday morning. Unlike regular cafés, The Roastery Coffee House is housed in an old bungalow. It is extremely popular as one of the top places to visit in Hyderabad for couples owing to its relaxed vibe. An ideal hangout place in Hyderabad to get off social media and connect with friends, loved ones and your own self over delicious food.
- Location: BNR Colony, Venkat Nagar, Banjara Hills Approximate cost for
- Approximate Cost for Two: ₹ 700
- Cuisine: American, Continental
- Opening Time: 8:00 AM to 11:30 PM
- Ideal for: Solo time, couples
- Must Try: Egg Salad, Pasta, Burgers, Almond Milk Iced Cappuccino
- Pro Tip: The Roastery Coffee House is a pet-friendly place, don’t forget to take your furry friend along!
Now that you’ve got the lowdown on the best hangout places in Hyderabad to visit with your friends and loved ones, where will you be headed from your hotel in Hyderabad? Remember to share your experience in comments below.
Recommended Hotels in Hyderabad:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!