Hyderabad, the capital of Telangana and de jure capital of Andhra Pradesh, is known, among other things, for its splendid Hyderabadi cuisine. The regional food consists of a wide array of rice, wheat and meat dishes involving the use of various spices. With strong influences of Mughlai and Arab cuisines, the food in Hyderabad makes for a memorable experience for all who try it. Apart from local delights, the dining venues here also serve favourites from North India as well as other parts of the world. Here are some of the top restaurants in Hyderabad that are a must visit.
Restaurants in Hyderabad:
|Tatva||Jubilee Hills Road|
|Smoky Pitara||Road 36, Jubilee Hills|
|Rajdhani Thali Restaurant||Road 3, Banjara Hills|
|AB’s Absolute Barbecues||Jubilee Hills, Gachibowli|
|Ten J||7th Heaven Building, Jubilee Hills|
|Over The Moon Brew Company||Quiet Lands, Gachibowli|
|Café Bahar||Avanti Nagar, Hyderguda|
|Mandil||Ravi Colony, Kondapur|
|Bonsai||Ravi Colony, Kondapur|
|Dhaba estd 1986 Delhi||Western Pearl Building, Kondapur|
|Flechazo||Sun Towers, Madhapur|
You may also like – Pubs in Hyderabad
Veg Restaurants in Hyderabad:
1. Almond House, Hyderabad
If you are looking to satiate your sweet tooth, then Almond House is the right place for you. Other than lip-smacking sweets, it also serves savoury chaats. Plus, it also checks the box of being economical. You can buy the sweets individually or as part of gift packs. Its highlight is perhaps its separate selection of desserts made with dry fruits like cashews, raisins, pistachios and, of course, almonds.
- Location: Multiple, Hyderabad
- Timings: 8:00 am to 11:00 pm (may vary across outlets)
- Cost for Two: ₹ 900
- Must try: Ajmeri Kalakand, Pani Puri, Double Burfi, Khova Kalam
2. Tatva, Jubilee Hills
Magnificent décor, cosy seating and a jovial and helpful staff make Tatva one of the best restaurants in the city for a fine-dine experience. Boasting dishes from North Indian and Continental to Italian and Chinese cuisines, Tatva does not fail to impress the foodie in you. One of the best vegetarian restaurants in Hyderabad, it delights diners with the out-worldly taste of its dishes and the finesse with which these are presented on a platter.
- Location: Jubilee Hills Road, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1600
- Must try: Borscht, Kamalkakdi Ke Galouti, Three Way Bruschetta, Nawabi Paneer
3. Smoky Pitara, Jubilee Hills
A newly opened restaurant in Hyderabad, Smoky Pitara is renowned for its Mexican sizzler and Veg buffet. The cuisines offered range from Continental and Italian to North Indian and Chinese, apart from Mexican. If you stay away from meat, then this is a great place for you as it is a pure-vegetarian restaurant. Yet another plus point is the free Wi-Fi that they provide. Wrought iron chairs and walls with colourful wood panels give it quite a vibrant look.
- Location: Road 36, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1000
- Must try: Manchow Soup, Aloo 65, Miloni Tarkari, Paneer Chatpat
Non-veg Restaurants in Hyderabad:
4. AB’s Absolute Barbecues
AB’s Absolute Barbecues is one of the best buffet restaurants in Hyderabad that serves the ever enticing ‘Wish Grill’. It is a jam-packed foodie hotspot, so prior reservations are usually a good idea. With a casual ambience and quick service, it makes for a memorable meal with family and friends. Another plus point is that there are not one but two outlets within the city that are equally good. In terms of cuisine, the restaurant serves European, Mediterranean as well as North Indian. The best thing about it is that nobody is going to disturb you in your quest to gorge on all you can!
- Location: Jubilee Hills, Gachibowli, Inorbit Mall, Secunderabad, Miyapur and Banjara Hills
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm to 11:30 pm
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1500
- Must try: Methi Mahi Fish, Veg Kolhapuri, Andhra Fish Curry
5. Over The Moon Brew Company, Gachibowli
A haven for all foodies in Hyderabad, it comes with the option of indoor and outdoor seating. The area in itself is quite spacious, and the food is simply splendid. Just wait till you look at its menu…your mind will be boggled to see the sheer variety of dishes on offer…Indian, American, Continental, Chinese, Mediterranean or Italian…they have them all. Another plus is their in-house brews. Yes, brews, they have their own beers too.
- Location: Quiet Lands, Gachibowli, Hyderabad
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Cost for Two: ₹ 2500
- Must try: Kheema Kalezi, Kothu Parotta, Kandahari Murgh, Cucumber Gazpacho
6. Café Bahar, Basheer Bagh
Known for its mouth-watering Awadhi and Mughlai dishes, Café Bahar is yet another must-go-to place in the city of Hyderabad. If you’re scouting for places to try out authentic Hyderabadi biriyani, this is the one to visit! Among the best non-veg restaurants in Hyderabad, it has a lot for vegetarians too, so people with varied culinary philosophy can enjoy a delicious meal here.
- Location: Avanti Nagar, Hyderguda, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad
- Timings: 11:00 am to 1:00 am
- Cost for Two: ₹ 600
- Must try: Hyderabadi Biryani, Brain Masala, Kalmi Kebab, Ginger Mutton, Mutton Shahi Korma, Murgh Musallam
7. Mandil, Kondapur
For those looking for a truer North Indian meal, this is the place to eat. It is another of the buffet restaurants in Hyderabad where you can eat till you can’t anymore; it has an option for ordering a la carte as well. With dim lighting, and a cool and cosy ambience, this restaurant beckons families as well as couples. One of the major reasons for its popularity apart from the heavenly food is that dining here will not burn a hole in your pocket.
- Location: Ravi Colony, Kondapur, Hyderabad
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 3:30 pm and 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Cost for Two: ₹ 800
- Must try: Aaf-tab Murgh, Lal Maans, Sondhe Aloo, Papdi Paneer, Qubani Ka Meetha, Nizami Hundi
8. Paradise Biriyani, Hyderabad
Anyone who has ever visited Hyderabad must have had biryani from Paradise Biriyani. Treating diners to the most iconic local dish since 1953, Paradise has expanded to several locations in the city. Apart from biryani, it also serves soups, rolls, semi-dry dishes, dry appetisers and gravy preparations to serve varied palates.
- Location: Jubilee Hills, Gachibowli, Inorbit Mall, Secunderabad and more
- Timings: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm (may vary across outlets)
- Cost for Two: ₹ 800
- Must try: Biryani, Irani Chai, Osmania Biscuits, Cookies, Pastries, Lassi-Falooda
9. Dhaba estd 1986 Delhi, Kondapur
An amazing place for some casual dining, Dhaba estd 1986 Delhi offers North Indian dishes. The preparations here are known to be rather authentic, considering you are in the southern part of the country. Featuring a live bar counter and music, it is undoubtedly one of the best Punjabi restaurants in Hyderabad. In true dhaba style, copper cutlery, including glasses, and mini ceramic salt and pepper shakers, are laid out on the tables.
- Location: Western Pearl Building, Kondapur, Hyderabad
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 11:30 pm
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1000
- Must try: Amritsari Fish, Tawa Mutton, Punjab Kukkad Masala, Tandoori Dhaba Raan, Amritsari Chhole
10. Flechazo, Madhapur
Another among the newly opened restaurants in Hyderabad, Flechazo’s serves Asian, North Indian and Mediterranean dishes. The décor, ambience and hospitality are definitely worth experiencing, and these never fail to leave an impression. Free Wi-Fi and valet parking are the cherry on top. The sandy brown tables and leather sofas with light blue upholstery do just enough to bring the Mediterranean to the restaurant.
- Location: Sun Towers, Madhapur, Hyderabad
- Timings: 11:30 am to 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm and 12:00 am
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1400
- Must try: Tandoori Chicken, Paan Ice Cream, Lamb Moussaka
After reading the blog, you must admit that there is much to eat in the city. With this kind of variety in town, where would you go first? Share your choices in comments below. But, don’t just share your choices, also remember to dine at whichever is near the hotel in Hyderabad you are staying at.
You may also like to read : Hangout Places in Hyderabad