The whole week of almost every individual living in the Silicon Valley goes in coding. To add on to it, the Diwali holidays that just went by have only made surviving this week even tougher. Well, let’s not brood about the same and make plans for the coming weekend. How about taking a short trip to some splendid destinations? Here’s presenting some amazing weekend getaways around Bangalore City. Read on to find our way of making your weekend extra special.
Weekend Getaways from Bangalore (List):
|Nandi Hills||Kunti Betta Trek|
1. Nandi Hills
The first on the list has to be Nandi Hills. A highly popular destination for the residents of the city, it comes as a complete package. Spectacular views, adventure sports, camping, what else would one want for a rejuvenating weekend?
- Activities: Trek or cycle to Nandi Hills with your group of friends and challenge your physical stamina. Once you reach the top, you’ll get a high like never before. Shout out loud! Bask in the glory! After you’re done with trekking during the day, enjoy camping at night. Trust me, there’s nothing better than gazing at the stars all night.
- Distance from Bangalore: 60 km
2. Kunti Betta Trek
The region around Bangalore offers great avenues for adventure activities. It is in the air and whether or not you are into experiencing the highs of life, you eventually turn into one who loves indulging in adventure. Kunti Betta geographically lies in the Pandavapura town and the hills are elevated at an altitude of 2882m.
- Activities: During the day, you may try out rappelling and kayaking, both of which have a charm of their own. The thrill of getting inside the waters and challenging them goes beyond explanation. The night trek is quite popular over here. Start over with trekking at around 1 a.m. in the night, don’t worry about company, you’ll have a lot of people with you enjoying the charms under the starry night. Don’t leave without witnessing the sunrise at the hills.
- Distance from Bangalore: 123 km
There’s nothing better than watching the wildlife in its natural surroundings. Take the jungle trail at Mudumalai National Park, Masinagudi located in the Nilgiri Hills and get a chance to take a look at deer, elephants, pythons, cobra, bears and wild boars.
- Activities: Take an early morning safari or better an elephant ride that will take you through the beautiful wildlife sanctuary that is spread over an area of 321 km. Alternatively, you may relax your mind by drinking a cup of aromatic tea at the tea plantations. If you have some more time in hand and are game for another wildlife tour, go further ahead to Bandipur National Park that happens to be a 40 minute drive from Masinagudi.
- Distance from Bangalore: 243 km
A hill station that boasts of a pleasant climate throughout the year, Ooty is a splendid land covered with blooming flowers, chirping of birds, squirrels nibbling nuts, and a large expanse of greenery. The view is not just what you’d like to capture in your lens but one which you’d like to etch in your heart and soul. It is equally suited for a group of friends, solo travellers, families, and couples.
- Activities: Cycle or simply walk to the Mukruthi peak and take a glimpse of Nilgiri Tahr. Visit the Ooty Tea Factory and get to know about the complete process. Sip some freshly brewed tea and lose yourself in its amazing aroma and taste. The place is loaded with several attractions which must be visited like the Avalanche Lake, Doddapetta Peak, Pykara Lake and Waterfall, and Rose Garden. There are a lot of resorts in Ooty that come with splendid views and excellent facilities at reasonable prices. Make your bookings in advance.
- Distance from Bangalore: 266 km Alternatively, you may also do a local sightseeing. There are a lot of places to visit in Bangalore such as Cubbon Park, Bangalore Palace, Vidhan Soudha, and ISKCON Temple.