Noida Metro is a rapid transit system, serving the twin cities of Noida and Greater Noida in Delhi-NCR. It is the second metro system in Noida, the first being Delhi Metro, while for Greater Noida, it is the first.
Noida Metro Quick Info
- Owner: Noida Metro Rail Corporation
- Serving Cities: Noida, Greater Noida
- Number of Stations: 21 Stations and 1 Interchange
- Headquarters: Sector 29
- Started Operations in: 26 January 2019
- Daily Timings: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm (Mon-Sat) and 8:00 am to 10:00 pm(Sunday)
- Fare: ₹10–50
Noida Metro Route Map
Noida Metro Interesting Facts
- The Noida Metro project was initiated and developed by the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC), which is a special purpose vehicle (SPV) formed by the Government of Uttar Pradesh to undertake metro-related projects in the Noida and Greater Noida regions.
- The system presently has a route length of 29.7 km and 21 stations. Every train on the system currently has four coaches, and these run with headway of 10–15 minutes.
- Standard gauge (1435 mm) tracks and overhead wires carrying 25-kilovolt alternating current are used on the line.
Noida Metro Lines
|Line||Length (Km)||Stations||Starting Point – End Point|
|Aqua||29.7||21||Sector 51 (Noida) – Depot (Greater Noida)|
Noida Metro Aqua Line
Aqua Line is the only currently operational line of Noida Metro. The line is a little less than 30 km in length, and has 21 stations. As it does not witness extremely high footfall, the headway between trains, which have a maximum speed of 80 km/h, is 10–15 minutes, while their composition is four coaches. Aqua Line has a northwest–southeast path and a significant part of the stretch goes along the Noida–Greater Noida Expressway.
- Sector – 51 to Knowledge Park – V corridor (14.958 Km with 09 Stations)
- Sector – 142 to Botanical Garden corridor (11.504 Km with 11 stations)
- Depot Station to Boraki corridor (3 km with 3 stations)
Stations on Aqua Line
|Noida Sector 51||नोएडा सेक्टर 51||Blue Line (Delhi Metro)||Hotels in Noida sector 51|
|Noida Sector 50||नोएडा सेक्टर 50||Hotels near sector 50|
|Noida Sector 76||नोएडा सेक्टर 76|
|Noida Sector 101||नोएडा सेक्टर 101|
|Noida Sector 81||नोएडा सेक्टर 81|
|NSEZ||NSEZ||Hotels near NSEZ|
|Noida Sector 83||नोएडा सेक्टर 83|
|Noida Sector 137||नोएडा सेक्टर 137||Hotels near Sector 137|
|Noida Sector 142||नोएडा सेक्टर 142|
|Noida Sector 143||नोएडा सेक्टर 143||Hotels near Sector 143|
|Noida Sector 144||नोएडा सेक्टर 144||Hotels in Sector 144|
|Noida Sector 145||नोएडा सेक्टर 145|
|Noida Sector 146||नोएडा सेक्टर 146|
|Noida Sector 147||नोएडा सेक्टर 147|
|Noida Sector 148||नोएडा सेक्टर 148|
|Knowledge Park II||नॉलेज पार्क II||Hotels in Knowledge Park II|
|Pari Chowk||परी चौक||Hotels near Pari Chowk|
|Alpha I||अल्फा I|
|Delta I||डेल्टा I|
|GNIDA Office||GNIDA कार्यालय|
Top Attractions Connected by Aqua Line
|Top Attraction||Nearest Station||Distance from Nearest Station (Km)|
|India Expo Mart||Knowledge Park II||0.6|
|Stellar Children Museum||Jaypee Greens Pari Chowk||0.8|
Noida Metro Lesser-Known Facts
- Only metro in Delhi-NCR, not managed by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Unlike Rapid Metro Gurgaon, Noida Metro does not accept Delhi Metro tokens and smart cards
- Only metro system in Delhi NCR with the entire stretch made operational in one go
- Naming rights bids were invited from public and private companies for all 21 stations, in order to create additional revenue
- Only metro system in Delhi-NCR to not be directly connected to Delhi Metro, operationally. The interchange stations are 300 metres apart and connected with a walkway.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many metro stations are on the Noida Metro Line?
A. Currently, the Aqua Line in Noida Metro is running on 21 stations with 1 Interchange with Delhi Metro Blue Line.
Q. Which is the 1st station on the Aqua Line metro in Noida?
A. Noida Sector 51 and Depot Station are the initial stations on the Aqua Line on both ends.
Q. Which is the most popular station on the Aqua Line metro in Noida?
A. Some of the most popular stations on the Aqua Line are Pari Chowk, Knowledge Park II, Sector 51, and Depot Station.
Q. Who made the Aqua Line metro in Noida?
A. Noida Metro Rail Corporation(NMRC) operates all the operations of Noida Metro.
Q. What is the timing of the first train from Aqua Line in Noida?
A. The first train departure time on the Aqua line of the Noida Metro is 6:00 am on Monday to Saturday and 8:00 am on Sunday.
Q. What is the timing of the last train from the Aqua Line in Noida?
A. The last train departure time on the Aqua Line of the Noida Metro is 10:00 pm.