All About Jet Airways Web Check-In
Jet Airways is one of India’s premier airlines with millions of satisfied customers worldwide because of its proficient operations and reliable services. Its customer-friendly facilities, including the special assistance and check-in options such as web check-in, mobile check-in, etc. have made it a popular choice among travellers. Jet Airways web check-in service has made the whole check-in process quick, simple and convenient for passengers. With the help of the check-in online process, they can do the preferred seat selection, check-in baggage, etc. in merely a few minutes to get their e-Boarding Pass. Passengers just have to fill the requisite details within the specified check-in time window, spanning 4 hours to 1 hour for domestic flights and 12 hours to 2 hours for international flights for free. However, passengers with e-Boarding Pass for international flights have to get a manual boarding pass after getting their travel documents verified at the Jet Airways counters at the airport. Thus, passengers can avail the convenient Jet Airways web check-in option to skip the long queues at the airport and save time.
Steps to Follow for Jet Airways Web Check-In
- In order to check-in online, log on to the official website of Jet Airways jetairways.com. Choose the ‘Plan Your Travel’ section and then click on ‘Check-in’ where you will see a number of check-in options, such as web check in, mobile check in, kiosk check in and others. Thereafter, select the web check in option with an interactive interface. Instead, click on www.jetairways.com/en/in/planyourtravel/web-check-in.aspx to access Jet Airways web check in page within seconds.
- Next, you have to fill in a few details, viz. Departure City, First Name, Last Name, PNR/Booking Reference Number, JetPrivilege Number and eTicket Number, whichever applicable.
- After filling in the requisite details, click on ‘Check Me In’.
- Next, you can do the seat selection to get your preferred seat, depending on its availability. There is also the option of check in baggage if you are travelling with luggage.
- On completion of the web check in process, the e-Boarding Pass is sent to your registered email address. Make sure you take a printout of the same. It is important to note that travellers flying to international destinations have to get a manual boarding pass at the airport in exchange for the e-Boarding Pass after verification of their documents.
Things to Remember While Doing Jet Airways Web Check-In
- Web check in option can be availed for free during the designated check-in time window, which varies from 48 hours to 1 hour prior to scheduled departure, depending on class and sector.
- For domestic flights, the online check-in time spans 48 hours to 1 hour before take-off for travellers flying Premiere and Economy – JetPrivilege Platinum/Gold (not applicable for booking in G class). Passengers flying economy class in the domestic sector can check-in online for free between 4 hours and 1 hour prior to scheduled departure.
- For international flights, the free web check-in time is between 48 hours and 2 hours for First Class, Premiere and Economy – JetPrivilege Platinum/Gold (not applicable for booking in G class). Passengers with other Economy class ticket can avail the web check-in service for free between 12 hours and 2 hours before the departure time.
- Jet Airways web check in can be done by at most 9 passengers at a time with a maximum 4 segments.
- Passengers travelling on onwards Codeshare and Interline flights can also use the web check in option.
- For a seamless experience, passengers must reach the airport well in advance. Please note that the check-in counters at the airport close 45 minutes prior to departure of domestic flights and 60 minutes prior to departure of international flights. At the Dubai Airport, the counters close 75 minutes prior to take-off.
Jet Airways Customer Care Support
For any clarification regarding the web check in facility, you can contact Jet Airways customer care at +91-8039243333 from anywhere in India. Furthermore, passengers from Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Kolkata can dial +91-CityCode-39893333 for any information or assistance.
Jet Airways Web Check-In FAQs:
Q: What is web check in?
A: Web check in is one of the many check-in options that passengers can use to skip long queues and save time at the airport. One can check-in online on a PC or laptop by filling in requisite details to easily get the e-Boarding Pass.
Q: Does Jet Airways provide web check in?
A: Yes, Jet Airways provides web check-in service to its passengers for saving time and effort. Passengers should ensure that they meet the check-in time window criteria to check-in online. They can also do the seat selection and check in baggage by using web check in option.
Q: How can I do web check in with Jet Airways?
A: A simple way to avail web check-in service of Jet Airways is to click on www.jetairways.com/en/in/planyourtravel/web-check-in.aspx. Another way to check-in online is to first go to Jet Airways official website www.jetairways.com, then go to the Plan Your Travel section, then select the Check-in field from the dropdown menu, and thereafter, choose the web check-in service. Just follow the easy process flow to complete web check in formalities to get the e-Boarding Pass.
Q: When can I do Jet Airways web check in?
A: The complimentary check-in time window varies depending upon the class of ticket of domestic and international flights. For domestic flights, it is 48 hours to 1 hour prior to scheduled departure for Premiere and Economy JetPrivilege Platinum/Gold (not applicable for booking in G class), and 4 hours to 1 hour prior to scheduled departure for all other Economy passengers. For international flights, the check-in time is 48 hours to 2 hours prior to scheduled departure for First Class, Premiere and Economy JetPrivilege Platinum/Gold (not applicable for booking in G class), and 12 hours to 2 hours prior to scheduled departure for all other Economy Passengers.
Q: Can everyone access Jet Airways web check-in service?
A: The simple, convenient and quick Jet Airways web check-in option is available to all having a valid and confirmed ticket, including those with onwards codeshare and Interline flight booking. Passengers have to ensure that they fulfill the check-in time window criteria. Furthermore, the web check-in facility is available for up to 9 passengers per PNR with at most 4 segments.
Q: Will I get a boarding pass after web check-in?
A: Yes, you will get the e-Boarding Pass once you check-in online successfully. However, passengers with a valid and confirmed international flight ticket will have to contact Jet Airways counter at the airport for verification of their travel documents. Thereafter, the boarding pass is reissued to passengers flying international sector.
Q: Can I enter the airport using my web check-in boarding pass?
A: No. You need to carry a valid photo ID to enter the airport.
Q: Will I get a seat of my choice if I avail Jet Airways web check-in service?
A: You can get the seat of your choice if it is available when you avail the web check-in service.
Q: When do I have to reach the airport after Jet Airways web check-in?
A: When you check-in online, you get the benefit of time as you no longer have to stand in long queues at the airport. However, passengers with check-in baggage have to drop the luggage at the bag drop counters at the airport for tagging. The counters close 45 minutes and 60 minutes prior to the departure of domestic and international flights, respectively. Moreover, the counters at Dubai Airport close 75 minutes prior to take-off. Hence, try to reach the airport well in advance to get the baggage accepted and processed if you have a check-in baggage.
Q: What about my check-in baggage?
A: By availing the web check-in service, you can check in your luggage with Jet Airways. However, you have to drop the check-in baggage at the designated counter for tagging at the airport before you proceed for security check. Jet Airways counters close 45 minutes and 60 minutes prior to take-off in case of domestic and international flights, respectively. Please note that the counter closes 75 minutes before the scheduled departure at Dubai Airport.
Q: Can my entire family use the web check-in service?
A: Yes, Jet Airways offers web check in facility to passengers travelling with family or in a group as well. However, you must note that only a maximum of 9 passengers on a single PNR with at most 4 segments can use this service.