All About SpiceJet Web Check-In
SpiceJet is one of India’s popular low-cost airlines that has millions of satisfied customers because of its dynamic fare structure and customer-friendly services. From a gamut of check-in options to in-flight amenities, the airline strives to provide a pleasant experience to its passengers at every step. More and more passengers are using web check in and mobile check in options offered by SpiceJet to save time and effort. Through the web check-in service, passengers no longer have to stand in long queues to get the boarding pass. Since they check-in online beforehand, they also get the benefit of preferred seat selection and check in baggage facility. The web check-in time begins 48 hours before the scheduled departure and until 2 hours prior to take-off. SpiceJet web check in option is available for passengers flying across the domestic sector and not to international destinations.
Steps to Follow for SpiceJet Web Check-In
- Log on to the SpiceJet website spicejet.com and click on the ‘Check-In’ widget to check-in online for your domestic flights. For quick access to the SpiceJet web check in page, click on https://book.spicejet.com/Search.aspx?op=4
- After reading the terms and conditions, press ‘Continue’. Then type your PNR (Confirmation Number), Departing City and Email/Last Name in the requisite fields.
- Thereafter, you will have to select the names of the passengers that you wish to check-in online. Then do the seat selection from the available options.
- You will then be prompted to confirm the passenger details and seat numbers. Once done, you will get the boarding pass as well as a customer copy that you need to print.
Things to Remember While Doing SpiceJet Web Check-In
- SpiceJet web check in facility is available only for domestic flights and not international flights.
- Web check-in service can be availed any time within the check-in time frame, which is between 48 hours and until 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the domestic flight.
- While doing the seat selection, please note that certain seats are blocked by the airline and not available for web check in.
- Check in baggage facility is available for travellers with luggage. You need to drop the checked-in baggage before proceeding for security check, so reach the airport well in advance to avoid any sort of inconvenience.
- Make sure you print the boarding pass and the customer copy after completing the web check in process. In case, you misplace the printout of the boarding pass, you can always reprint it by again doing the web check-in process on the official website. Since you have checked in earlier, you will be prompted to reprint the boarding pass.
- Not more than 9 members can avail the web check-in service at a time.
- Passengers travelling on flights departing from Jammu & Kashmir and Leh cannot check-in online.
- Web check-in service is not available for passengers who have booked tickets under special categories, such as armed forces personnel and students.
- Those travelling with infants or having special needs cannot use SpiceJet web check in option.
SpiceJet Customer Care Support
For any query, contact SpiceJet Customer Care Support executive at +91-9654003333 or +91-9871803333.
SpiceJet Web Check-In FAQs:
Q: What is web check in?
A: Web check in is one of the many check-in options that are available to passengers beforehand. Those who check-in online not only get to skip the long queues at the airport, but also get to do the preferred seat selection and book check in baggage in advance to save time. Web check in can be done within minutes, just like mobile check in.
Q: Does SpiceJet provide web check in option?
A: Yes, SpiceJet provides web check in facility to all its passengers with a confirmed ticket. Passengers can check-in online between 48 hours and 2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure. The online check-in option is however unavailable for international flights.
Q: How can I do web check in with SpiceJet?
A: SpiceJet web check in process is quite simple. Just log on to the SpiceJet website on a PC or a laptop, then click on the web check in section. Fill in the requisite details, such as PNR, departing city, name, etc. and get the boarding pass and customer copy on completion of the process.
Q: When can I do web check in?
A: SpiceJet web check-in time spans 48 hours to up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure of the domestic flight.
Q: Can everyone access SpiceJet web check in option?
A: Yes, web check-in service is available to almost everyone with a confirmed domestic flight ticket. However, unaccompanied minors, armed forces personnel, students and group bookings with more than 10 members cannot check-in online. Passengers with infants, special needs and reduced mobility cannot use the web check in option. Passengers boarding flights from Jammu & Kashmir and Leh cannot opt for check-in options. Web check in also unavailable for passengers travelling to international destinations.
Q: Will I get a boarding pass after web check in?
A: Passengers travelling on domestic flights will get the boarding pass and customer copy on completion of SpiceJet web check in process. You will have to take its printout and carry it on the day of travel.
Q: Can I enter the airport using my web check-in boarding pass?
A: No, you cannot enter the airport using your web check-in boarding pass. Instead, you have to produce a valid photo ID and confirmed flight ticket while entering the airport.
Q: Will I get a seat of my choice if I avail SpiceJet web check-in service?
A: Yes, you can select the seat of your choice by availing the web check-in service. However, there are a few seats that are blocked by SpiceJet and not available during seat selection.
Q: When do I have to reach the airport after SpiceJet web check in?
A: It is advisable to reach the airport well in time to complete the security check, drop the check in baggage and other formalities at the airport. Please ensure that you report at the boarding gate at least 45 minutes prior to take-off.
Q: What about my check in baggage?
A: Travellers with luggage can check in baggage with SpiceJet to skip the long queues at the airport.
Q: Can my entire family use the web check-in service?
A: Yes, you can use the web check-in service for your entire family. But note that the web check in option is not available for group bookings of 10 passengers or above travelling together, and also unavailable for passengers travelling with infants.