All About Vistara Web Check-In
Vistara, a joint venture of Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited, started its operations in 2015. A relatively new player in the Indian aviation sector, the airline connects over 24 destinations across the length and breadth of the country. Its prompt service, on-time operations, special assistance and a wide range of check-in options have made it expand its footprint rapidly. Its popular check-in options are mobile check-in and web check-in as these enable passengers to check-in at leisure from anywhere. Vistara web check-in facility helps passengers to avoid the hassle of standing in long queues at the airport and save time. They no longer have to request the staff at the airport check-in counters for preferred seat selection or to speed up the check-in baggage process, as passengers can do these beforehand by availing the web check-in service. The check-in time starts 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure and closes 1 hour before the take-off. After the passengers check-in online by filling requisite details, they receive their e-Boarding Pass via email. Since they have to show this e-Boarding Pass for verification, security clearance and stamping, they have to carry its copy on the day of their journey.
Steps to Follow for Vistara Web Check-In
- You can check-in online with Vistara on their official website airvistara.com. Click on the ‘Plan Travel’ section and select the ‘Check-In’ option from the dropdown menu. Make sure that you fulfil the check-in time criteria to avail the web check-in service (48 hours to up to 1 hour prior to take-off). Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Check-In’ tab on the booking widget on the home page or click directly on www.airvistara.com/trip/.
- Next, you have to fill in the E-Ticket Number or Booking Reference Number and Last Name to check-in online.
- You can do the seat selection as per your choice, except the Emergency Exit Seats. These seats cannot be booked through web and mobile check in options.
- You can even book your check-in baggage in advance with the help of Vistara web check in option.
- Once all the web check in formalities are taken care of, you will receive your e-Boarding Pass via email.
- Take a printout of the e-Boarding Pass as it is required at the time of verification, check in baggage drop and security check at the airport, before proceeding to the boarding gate.
Things to Remember While Doing Vistara Web Check-In
- The web check-in time frame spans between 48 hours and until 1 hour prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Travellers with check in baggage must note that the Vistara check-in counters close 45 minutes prior to take-off. Hence, they need to reach the counters beforehand to drop their check-in baggage.
- Those travelling with only hand baggage should keep in mind that the boarding gates close 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
- Always carry a hardcopy/print of the e-Boarding Pass for verification and security stamping at the airport.
- In case you forget to bring the copy of your e-Boarding Pass, you can collect it from the Vistara check-in counters at the airport at least 45 minutes before take-off after providing a valid photo ID.
Vistara Customer Care Support
You can reach out to Vistara Customer Care Support team at +91-9289-228-888. Alternatively, you can email at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Vistara Web Check-In FAQs:
Q: What is web check in?
A: Web check in is one of the popular check-in options provided to passengers to avoid standing in long queues at the airport. They can do the seat selection of their choice as well as check in baggage in advance by availing the web check-in service.
Q: Does Vistara provide web check in?
A: Vistara offers its passengers different check-in options to make their journey free of any hassles. Web check in is just one of the options that help them check in early. The web check-in time starts 48 hours prior to the departure and closes 1 hour before take-off.
Q: How can I do web check in with Vistara?
A: You can log on to their official website to avail the web check-in service www.airvistara.com and then click on ‘Plan Travel’ and thereafter ‘Check-In’. Another way is to select the ‘Check-In’ tab on the home page. You can even click on www.airvistara.com/trip/ to check-in online in a single step. Thereafter, fill in requisite details, viz. E-Ticket Number or Booking Reference Number and Last Name to complete the web check in process. Subsequently, you will receive your web boarding pass in your mailbox.
Q: When can I do web check in?
A: You can check in any time between 48 hours and 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure of your Vistara flight.
Q: Can everyone access Vistara web check-in service?
A: The web check-in service is provided to almost everyone except unaccompanied minors and passengers with a special service request. You also cannot check-in online if you have availed any concessional discounts on booking, such as students, senior citizens, etc. Vistara web check in option is not for people with visual and hair impairment and not for more than 9 passengers per booking.
Q: Will I get a boarding pass after web check in?
A: After you check-in online, you will receive your e-Boarding Pass on your registered email address.
Q: Can I enter the airport using my web check-in boarding pass?
A: You have to carry a valid photo ID to enter the airport. The web check-in boarding is not considered a valid photo ID, although you need to carry it for verification and security stamping to board your flight.
Q: Will I get a seat of my choice if I avail Vistara web check-in service?
A: Yes, you may get a seat of your choice if it is available. Emergency Exit Seats cannot be booked through web check-in or for that matter mobile check in. Please note that once the seat selection has been done and you have received your e-Boarding Pass, you cannot modify/cancel your seat booking through web check in.
Q: When do I have to reach the airport after Vistara web check in?
A: You obviously know that there are certain formalities that you need to complete at the airport before you board your flight, such as baggage drop and security check. So, keep in mind that check-in counters at the airport close 45 minutes prior to take-off and boarding gates close 20 minutes before the scheduled departure. Hence, it is better to reach the airport with enough time to do all the requisite tasks.
Q: What about my check in baggage?
A: You can check-in your luggage through web check-in service of Vistara, and drop it at the designated Baggage Drop counter at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight. You will have to provide a valid photo ID at the check-in counter for verification.
Q: Can my entire family use the web check-in service?
A: Yes, you can check-in online for your family, provided there are not more than 9 members on the same booking reference. Vistara web check-in service also gives you the option to select only a particular set of passengers amongst all the passengers in your booking.