Nagpur Metro is a modern mass transit system serving the city of Nagpur in Maharashtra. Still in its initial stages, the system currently has 36 active stations across a route length of 38.2 km.
Nagpur Metro Quick Info
|Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (a joint venture between Government of India and Government of Maharashtra)
|Number of Stations
|Started Operations in
|8 March 2019
|5:00 am to 11:45 am
Nagpur Metro Route Map
Nagpur Metro Interesting Facts
- Prime minister Narendra Modi inaugurated operations on Nagpur Metro on 8 March 2019 via video conferencing along with Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis and Union Cabinet Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Nagpur Metro is the 13th Metro system to be operational in India. It is also being touted as the greenest metro rail in India.
- Nagpur Metro is being built in two phases, and each phase contains a solitary line. The system has three-coach trains, running at an average speed of 33 km/h and a top speed of 90 km/h.
- Nagpur Metro uses standard gauge (1,435 mm) tracks and 25 kV AC supplied by overhead wires.
Nagpur Metro Lines
|Starting Point – End Point
|Automotive Square – Khapri
|Sitabuldi – Lokmanya Nagar
Nagpur Metro Orange Line
The Orange Line, also known as Line 1 of Nagpur Metro, runs about 19 km in length and was inaugurated on 8th March 2019. Line 1 runs in a north–south direction, presently connecting the central part of the city with the southern.
Stations on Orange Line
|Gaddi Godam Square
|Hotels near Zero Mile
|Ajni Railway Station
|Hotels near Airport
Further Extension of Orange Line
The Orange Line is being extended in both directions to cover a total of 20 stations and around 23 km route length. From Khapri, it will go further southwards till Metro City.
Top Attractions Connected by Orange Line
|Distance from Nearest Station (Km)
|Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium
|Savitribai Phule Park
|Empress City Mall
|Maharaj Bagh Zoo
|Zero Mile Stone
|Raman Science Centre
|Narrow Gauge Rail Museum
The list below is of the stations covered on the Nagpur Metro Aqua Line.
|Vaishnao Devi Chowk
|Chitar Oli Chowk
|Dosar Vaisya Chowk
|Nagpur Railway Station
|Hotels in Sitabuldi
|Jhansi Rani Square
|Institution of Engineers
|Shankar Nagar Square
|Hotels near Dharampeth
|Rachana Ring Road
Nagpur Metro Lesser-Known Facts
- Train depot house residential complexes
- India’s greenest metro system with biodigesters designed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Every station has a different design theme
- Multimodal passes for metro and city buses
- Metro to be extended to the satellite towns of Hingana, Kanhan and Buttibori
Q. How many metro stations are on the Nagpur Metro Line?
A. Currently, the Nagpur Metro is operating on 36 stations.
Q. Which is the 1st station on the Orange Line metro in Nagpur?
A. Automative Square and Khapri are the initial stations on the Orange Line on both ends.
Q. Which is the 1st station on the Aqua Line metro in Nagpur?
A. Prajapati Nagar and Lokmanya Nagar are the initial stations on the Aqua Line on both ends.
Q. Who made the metro in Nagpur?
A. Nagpur Metro Rail Corporation Limited (NMRCL) operates all the operations of Nagpur Metro.
Q. What is the timing of the first train in Nagpur?
A. The first train departure time of the Nagpur Metro is 6:00 am.
Q. What is the timing of the last train in Nagpur?
A. The last train departure time of the Nagpur Metro is 11:45 pm.