The Green Line of Hyderabad Metro runs around 16.6 km long and has 9 stations from JBS Parade Ground to MG Bus Station. Currently, it is the shortest line on the Hyderabad Metro network.
- Inaugurated on: 8 February 2020
- Number of Stations: 15 Stations (9 operating) and 2 Interchanges
- Timings: 6:00 am to 11:15 pm
- Ticket Price: Rs.10 to Rs.20
Hyderabad Metro Green Line Route Map
Hyderabad Metro Green Line Interesting Facts
- The Hyderabad Metro Green Line commenced its operations on February 8, 2020, and was inaugurated by Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao.
- The Hyderabad Metro Rail project was initiated by the Government of Telangana and implemented by the Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL), a public-private partnership (PPP) venture between the Government of Telangana and the concessionaire L&T Metro Rail (Hyderabad) Limited.
- The trains, which comprise three coaches, have a maximum speed of 80 km/h and headway of 4–10 minutes.
- The line uses standard gauge (1435 mm) tracks and 25-kilovolt alternating current supplied via overhead wires.
Green Line Stations
The list below comprises the stations covered on the Hyderabad Metro Green Line.
|J.B.S Parade Grounds
|Hotels near Parade Grounds Metro Station
|Secunderabad Railway Station
|Hotels in Secunderabad Railway Station
|Hotels near Musheerabad
|RTC X Road
|Hotels in RTC X Road
|Hotels near Sultan Bazaar Metro Station
|MG Bus Station
|Salar Jung Museum
|Hotels near Charminar
|Hotels near Shamshergunj Metro Station
|Falaknuma Railway Station
|Hotels near Falaknuma
Further Extension of Green Line
The stations from Salar Jung Museum to Falaknuma are under construction. These stations will become fully operational in the coming year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many metro stations are on the Hyderabad Metro Green Line?
A. Currently, the Green Line Hyderabad Metro is running on 9 stations with 2 interchanges.
Q. Which is the 1st station on the Green Line metro in Hyderabad?
A. J.B.S. Parade Ground and MG Bus Station are the initial stations on the Green Line on both ends.
Q. Which is the most popular station on the Green Line metro in Hyderabad?
A. Some of the most popular stations on the Green Line are J.B.S. Parade Ground, Sultan Bazaar, Secunderabad, and MG Bus Station.
Q. Who made the Green Line metro in Hyderabad?
A. Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL) manages all the operations of Hyderabad Metro.
Q. Which is the cleanest metro line in Hyderabad?
A. The Hyderabad Metro has made significant efforts to maintain cleanliness by implementing regular cleaning schedules, and waste management systems, and educating passengers about maintaining cleanliness inside the trains and stations.
Q. Which metro line is the longest in Hyderabad?
A. The Red line is the longest with 29 km and 27 stations.
Q. Which is the shortest Hyderabad Metro line?
A. The shortest metro line in Hyderabad is the Green Line with a distance of 16 km and 9 stations.
Q. What is the timing of the first train from a Green Line in Hyderabad?
A. The first train departure time on the Green Line of the Hyderabad Metro is 6:00 a.m.
Q. What is the timing of the last train from the Green Line in Hyderabad?
A. The last train departure time on the Green Line of the Hyderabad Metro is 11:15 p.m.