Lucknow Metro is a modern rapid transit system serving the city of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh. Most of the system runs on elevated viaducts, while a small portion is underground.
Lucknow Metro Quick Info
- Owner: Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation
- Serving Cities: Lucknow
- Number of Stations: 21 stations
- Distance Covering: 23.7 km
- Headquarters: Gomti Nagar
- Started Operations in: 6 September 2017
- Daily Timings: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Fare: ₹10–60
Lucknow Metro Route Map
Lucknow Metro Interesting Facts
- The Lucknow Metro, also known as the LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation), started its commercial operations on September 6, 2017. The inaugural run of the Lucknow Metro took place on the 5th of the same month and was flagged off by the then Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
- The trains, comprising 4 coaches, travel at a top speed of 90 km/h with a headway of 5 minutes.
- Standard gauge (1435 mm) tracks are used on the system, whereas 25 kilovolts of alternating current are supplied through overhead catenary.
- The blue line of Lucknow Metro is proposed from Charbagh to Vasant Kunj and is waiting for approvals.
Lucknow Metro Lines
|Line||Length (Km)||Stations||Starting Point – End Point|
|Red||22.8||21||CCS Airport – Munshipulia|
Lucknow Metro Red Line
The Red Line, which opened on September 5th, 2017, is the only operational line of Lucknow Metro. The roughly 23 km long line with 21 stations connects the south-western and north-eastern parts of the city, essentially linking its two busiest transit hubs. The trains consist of four coaches, and they have a maximum speed of 90 km/h and headway of 5 minutes. The Red Line uses standard gauge (1435 mm) tracks and 25 kilovolt alternating current fed into the trains by overhead catenary. All stations have artwork representing the city’s rich culture, including its famous attractions.
Stations on Red Line
|Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport||Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport||Hotels near CCS Airport|
|Amausi||Hotels near Amausi|
|Transport Nagar||Hotels in Transport Nagar|
|Alambagh||Hotels in Alambagh|
|Alambagh Bus Station||Alambagh Bus Station|
|Durgapuri||Lucknow Junction Railway Station; Aishbagh Railway Station||Hotels near Durgapuri|
|Charbagh||Charbagh Railway Station; Lucknow Junction Railway Station||Hotels in Charbagh|
|Hazratganj||Hotels near Hazratganj|
|KD Singh Stadium|
|Vishvavidyalay||Hotels near Vishvavidyalay|
|Indira Nagar||Hotels in Indira Nagar|
Top Attractions Connected by Red Line
|Attraction||Nearest Station||Distance from Nearest Station (Km)|
|Dream World Amusement Park||Krishna Nagar||1.9|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal Park||KD Singh Stadium||0.5|
|The Residency||KD Singh Stadium||1.3|
|Chattar Manzil||KD Singh Stadium||1|
|Safed Baradari||KD Singh Stadium||0.6|
|Shaheed Smarak||KD Singh Stadium||1.4|
|Hanuman Setu Mandir||KD Singh Stadium||0.9|
|Indira Gandhi Planetarium||KD Singh Stadium||2.1|
|Bhootnath Temple||Bhootnath Market||0.4|
|Wave Mall||Indira Nagar||0.9|
Lucknow Metro Lesser-Known Facts
- Fastest metro system in India, in terms of construction time
- Another line planned; to intersect the Red Line at Charbagh Railway Station
- 20,000 tonnes of steel supplied by Steel Authority of India Limited for just the first section (8.5 km) of the Red Line
- Ex-Delhi Metro Managing Director E Sreedharan served as principal advisor
- Stations studded with images displaying the city’s culture
- Signage in English, Hindi and Urdu
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many metro stations are on the Lucknow Metro Line?
A. Currently, the Red Line in Lucknow Metro is running on 21 stations.
Q. Which is the 1st station on the Red Line metro in Lucknow?
A. CCS Airport and Munshipulia are the initial stations on the Red Line on both ends.
Q. Which is the most popular station on the Red Line metro in Lucknow?
A. Some of the most popular stations on the Red Line are CCS Airport, Hazratganj, Charbagh, Transport Nagar, IT Chauraha, and Indiranagar.
Q. Who made the Red Line metro in Lucknow?
A. Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation(NMRC) operates all the operations of Lucknow Metro.
Q. What is the timing of the first train from Red Line in Lucknow?
A. The first train departure time on the Red Line of the Lucknow Metro is 6:00 am.
Q. What is the timing of the last train from the Red Line in Lucknow?
A. The last train departure time on the Red Line of the Lucknow Metro is 10:00 pm.