Chokhi Dhani, which translates to ‘fine village’, is the perfect embodiment of the rich Rajasthani culture, tradition and hospitality, in Indore. The place boasts a charming village-like set up, which is commonly found in rural Rajasthan, but comes with a hint of royalty. Located in a natural environment, away from the din of city life, this beautiful place serves as a perfect destination for a day outing. It can accommodate longer stays too. The engrossing Rajasthani-style ambience, lip-smacking food, folk dances, puppet shows, magic shows, acrobatics and many other interesting activities add to the charm of this theme village and make it a must-visit.
If you are planning to visit Chokhi Dhani, Indore with your loved ones, the following information about Chokhi Dhani Indore entry fees, timings, amenities and more should come in handy.
Choki Ki Dhani, Indore Information
9 Mile, Khandwa Road, Datodafatha, Indore
Best Time to Visit
October to March
Entry Fee (Chokhi Dhani Village)
Adults: INR 400 per person
Child (4-9 years): INR 200 per child
Water Park Charges
INR 100 per person
Parking, drinking water, restrooms, rooms for night stay, play area for kids, activity areas
Rajasthani dinner charges:
Adults: INR 800 per person
Child (Height between 2.5 and 3.5 feet): INR 500 per child
Multicuisine Buffet at Resort:
Adults: INR 1400 per person
Child (Height between 2.5 and 3.5 feet): INR 800 per child
Dining Halls or Restaurants
Sangri Dining Hall
Chaupad Dining Hall
Gorbandh Open Air Dining
Royal Fine Dining
4:00 PM onwards
Chokhi Dhani Indore prices and timings are subject to change under uncertain circumstances. Hence, you must either call the theme village or check their website before planning a trip. Chokhi Dhani Indore contact numbers are 8889511100, 9302122625, 7312402625 and 7314086988.
Highlights of Chokhi Dhani, Indore
Chokhi Dhani is one of the most amazing places to visit in Indore. Hence, if you are visiting the city soon and are making a list of things to do in Indore, remember to include Chokhi Dhani in your itinerary. This place will transport you to a beautiful village in Rajasthan in no time with its traditional setting.
Now, let’s take a look at the highlights of Chokhi Dhani, Indore:
- Rajasthani meals: The food served at Chokhi Dhani is one of the main highlights of the place. You can enjoy a range of lip-smacking delicacies here, like Daal Baati, Choorma, Panchmel Daal, Gatte ki Sabzi, and more.
- Restaurants: The restaurants in Indore’s Chokhi Dhani deserve special mention as they are truly among the best when it comes to authentic Rajasthani food. And if you want to dine like a royal, you must head to the Royal Fine Dining area for a memorable experience.
- Animal rides: You can enjoy various animal rides here, like camel rides, elephant rides, horse rides and bullock cart rides, and explore the entire place comfortably. Like the colourful ambience, the animals here are also dressed up in vibrant fabrics and accessories.
- Boat rides: Chokhi Dhani has a lake called Tal Talaiya where you can enjoy boat rides while soaking in the beauty of the surroundings.
- Activity areas: There are various themed spaces and activity areas, such as Jungle Sair and Bhool Bhulaiya. Chokhi Dhani has a dedicated play area for children as well.
- Head massage: A relaxing head massage under the banyan tree here is a must-try.
- Rajasthani dances: Chokhi Chani, Indore hosts live performances of some of the best Rajasthani folk dances, like Ghoomar, Potter Dance, Terah Taali, Bhopa Bhopi Dance and more.
- Astrology: If you want to know what the future holds for you, the learned astrologers at Chokhi Dhani can help you.
- Tight rope balancing: This is one of the best acts to see at Chokhi Dhani, Indore. Skilled performers balance themselves beautifully on a tight rope and perform daring stunts flawlessly.
- Magic show: The magicians at Chokhi Dhani perform some wonderful tricks, mind games, and more that will keep you and your little ones entertained.
- Bioscope: The place also has a huge bioscope for those interested in getting a glimpse of the whole of Rajasthan.
- Shopping: Besides exploring the place and enjoying different activities, you can also do some shopping in Indore’s Chokhi Dhani. Kalagram, the shopping section here, sells a range of Rajasthani products like jewellery, accessories, paintings, home décor and wall hangings. The best thing about the products available here is that each one of them is crafted beautifully with intricate and meticulous detailing.
How to Reach
Chokhi Dhani, Indore can be easily reached by road, thanks to the well-maintained network of expressways and highways that connects it to Bhopal and other nearby towns and cities. You can drive your own car or book a taxi or take the bus to reach the city and Chokhi Dhani.
Things to Know Before You Plan
- The place is quite crowded on weekends, so try to visit on a weekday to make the most of your trip.
- Carry entry tickets and ID cards for hassle-free admission.
- Wear comfortable clothes to enjoy different activities. Avoid sarees and flowy garments.
- Avoid carrying expensive jewellery and other valuables to Chokhi Dhani.
- Carry some cash with you as there are no ATMs nearby.
- Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary (9 km)
- Regional Park (14 km)
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Regional Park (14 km)
- Crescent Water Park (14 km)
- Snow City (14 km)
- Mayank Blue Water Park (15 km)
- Vaishno Dham Mandir (15 km)
- Rajwada Palace (16 km)
- Lalbaag Palace (16 km)
- Sarafa Bazaar (16 km)
A serene setting, the splendour of Rajasthani culture, and delectable food make Chokhi Dhani Indore a perfect getaway for those looking to spend a fun-filled day with their loved ones. The place hosts many shows and activities for people of all ages, leaving no room for boredom. Just make sure you plan a bit in advance to get the best deals possible, especially if you are planning to book a flight or buy train tickets to Indore. Also, though there are plenty of hotels in Indore, they get booked quickly during the peak season, so avoid waiting until the last minute.