Counted among the largest technology hubs in India, Gurgaon is one of the most urbanized cities you will come across in the country. The rapidly growing city exemplifies a blend of the new and the old; it also boasts a lively air and a vibrant nightlife. There is a lot you can explore when you are here, especially in terms of fun and entertainment. If you are planning a trip to this city but not sure what to do after checking in at one of the hotels in Gurgaon, we can help you out. Here’s our list of the fun things to do in Gurgaon.
1. Air Safari
Going for an air safari is a recommended adventurous thing to do in Gurgaon. When you go on this safari, you actually fly in a small automobile that remains attached to a parachute; thus, enjoying a bird’s-eye view of the city from high up. This activity is conducted under the expertise of trained pilots, which makes it safe enough to try even when you do not have any experience of handling a parachute.
- Location: Flyboy Aero Park
- Cost: ₹ 1599 onwards, depending on flight duration and type
- Timings: 6:00 am to 8:00 am, 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm; everyday
The thrill of driving high-speed go-karts on well-laid tracks is something you need to experience first-hand, at least once in your life. F9-Go-Karting is one destination in Gurgaon that offers this activity and that too on multi-level racing tracks! Select your package based on the level of thrill you can handle and start your foray into the world of speed racing.
- Location: Sector 17-18 Link Road
- Cost: ₹ 296 onwards, depending on the number of laps or duration
- Timings: 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm; all days of the week
3. Escape Games
Does the very idea of being a detective excite you? If yes, you must take part in the escape games which are sure to awaken the Sherlock Holmes hidden in you. These are a form of adventure games, in which you will be locked inside a room that contains several puzzles and hidden clues for your escape. You will have to decode these puzzles and clues within the stipulated time in order to come out from the locked area.
- Location: Ctrl.Shift.Esc, Sector 29
- 2 players – ₹800 per head (weekdays); ₹900 per head (weekends and public holidays)
- 3 players – ₹700 per head (weekdays); ₹800 per head (weekends and public holidays)
- 4+ players – ₹600 per head (weekdays); ₹700 per head (weekends and public holidays)
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm; all days of the week
4. Adventure Activities at Botanix Nature Resort
When talking about the fun things to do in Gurgaon, you can’t miss out on Botanix Nature Resort. While here, you can experience the rural way of life by riding on camels, bullock carts, etc. At the same time, you can take part in a number of games and activities, including the musical chair, tug of war and tombola. An ideal destination for a fun-filled time with your family and friends, it is also counted among the best places for corporate outings near Delhi.
- Location: Damdama Village
- Cost: Prices vary depending on the package you choose
5. Hot Air Ballooning at Damdama Lake
Won’t it be really exciting to get inside a hot air balloon and fly above the city to get an incredible view from above? That is why you need to head straight to Damdama Lake, where this wish of yours can be realized. Apart from experiencing the thrill of riding a hot air balloon, you can also enjoy other adventurous activities, including rock climbing, free fall, valley crossing, commando net and blindfold commando.
- Agencies: Tiger Balloon Safari, Rock Sport, Bandhu Aerospace, etc.
- Timings and cost: Varies with agency
6. Ice Skating at iSKATE
How about indulging in a cool (literally cool) and fun-filled activity? We recommend ice skating! Located within Ambience Mall, iSKATE is a sprawling indoor rink covering 15000 sq feet area, offering a truly thrilling experience of skating on ice. The venue also has a karaoke bar and a café where you can chill out after your stint at the rink. This, now wonder, counts among the best things to do in Gurgaon during summer.
- Location: Ambience Mall
- ₹ 499 per head (Weekdays)
- ₹ 699 per head (Weekends)
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm; everyday
7. Gaming at Smaaash
Up for gaming? Make your way to Smaaash, a sprawling arena where you can enjoy virtual gaming and other activities. The attractions at Smaaash include cricket, smart arcade, walk in the plank, super keeper, sultan, twilight bowling, finger coaster and 9D extreme interactive theatre. Whether you are six or sixty, this place will keep you engaged for hours.
- Location:Ambience Mall (also Sector 29 and DLF CyberHub)
- Cost: ₹ 99 to ₹ 1875
- Timings: 11:00 pm to 11:00 pm; everyday
8. Live Theater at the Kingdom of Dreams
Love live entertainment? Then head off to the Kingdom of Dreams or KOD, India’s first live entertainment, leisure and theatre destination. The place promises an unforgettable experience with its platter of exciting shows and attractions, including musical theatre shows like Jhumroo and Zangoora. KOD also hosts the Culture Gully, where you can enjoy theme dining, impromptu dance performances, live kitchens, tattoo and tarot, arts, crafts, and a lot more.
Want more such unforgettable experiences? Read our blog on the places to visit in Gurgaon for a memorable time.
- Location: Sector 29, Gurgaon
- Entry Fee: ₹ 600 onwards
- 12:30 am to 12:00 pm (Weekdays)
- 12:00 am to 12:00 pm (Weekends)
- Closed on Mondays
9. Visiting an Amusement Park
When fun is on your mind, plan a visit to one or more of the amazing amusement and water parks in Gurgaon. With a number of rides, slides, and wave pools, you will have a whale of a time at these fun zones. These parks are also equipped with lavish food courts where you can refuel yourself before heading off for more exciting episodes. Some of the most popular amusement parks in Gurgaon include:
Appu Ghar, Oysters Beach Water Park
- Location: Sector 29
- Tickets: ₹ 1200 (general); ₹ 600 (senior citizens); ₹ 800 (children)
- Timings: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm; everyday
Fun N Food Village
- Location: Old Delhi-Gurgaon Road, Kapashera
- Tickets: ₹ 1400 – 2000 (adults); ₹ 300 – 500 (children)
- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
- 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (Sundays)
- Location: Sector 77
- Tickets: ₹ 1199 (for adults); ₹ 899 (for children)
- Timings: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm; everyday
When you are in the mood for some undiluted fun, make your way to one of the paintballing destinations in the city. Engaging in a paintball session with your crazy gang of friends is sure to leave you thrilled and energized.
- Location: The Paintball Co., Sector 31
- Cost: ₹ 175 onwards
- Timings: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm; everyday
11. Visiting Camp Tikkling
Camp Tikkling is an adventure camp that entices people of all age groups with its long list of activities. But the key attractions here are the village activities, such as riding a camel, driving a tractor, or learning to work on a potter’s wheel.
- Location: Gairatpur Baas, Badshahpur
- Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; everyday
12. Go for Off-road Adventures
Are you ready to get out of your comfort zone? Then, Off Road Adventure Zone is where you ought to be. Spread across a sprawling 10 acres, it packs in a punch of adventure and fun through a variety of activities like off-roading, zip lining, artificial wall climbing, dirt track, paintballing and go-karting. They even have a kids’ zone to keep the little ones busy in their own world of fun.
- Location: Bandhwari
- Cost: Prices vary based on the package and activities
- Timings: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; everyday
This is just a preview of all the fun activities you can enjoy in Gurgaon. We are sure you will be able to discover more when you explore the area yourself. Do share with us about all such destinations by commenting below. Till then, enjoy your fun-filled time in Gurgaon.