Delhi’s weather is often like my emotions, always extreme. Unlike many other cities, the Indian capital either gives you chilling winters or unbearably hot summers. And, when the latter happens, picking what to do around the city might be a tad difficult. The usual things to do in Delhi like sightseeing, shopping and going on food trails become a daunting task in the scorching heat. This is why we have specially compiled a list of things to do in Delhi in summers. You are welcome! Keep reading…
Things to Do in Delhi in Summer 2020:
1. Go on a Walk in Lodhi Gardens, but in the Morning
In summers, early morning walks are the best way to start your day. It is one of the few things to do alone in Delhi. And the ideal place for an early morning walk would be Lodhi Gardens because here, you get the chance to be close to nature as well as explore the rich heritage of the city.
Located in the heart of Delhi, Lodhi Gardens is complete with verdant greenery, tombs and archaic verandas. Take a leisurely stroll, meditate or simply sit and soak in the beauty of nature. Complete your morning walk with a hearty breakfast at the Lodhi restaurant and you will feel rejuvenated for your day ahead.
- Timings: 6:00 am to 7:30 pm; everyday
- Entry Fee: No fee
2. Enjoy a Round of Ice Skating
Not an early riser? Fret not as there are other ways to spend the better part of the day. One of this is signing up for a round of ice skating at the malls in Delhi NCR. Whether you are a pro or a person who has never even seen snowfall, it doesn’t matter. Head to either Ambience Mall in Gurgaon or DLF Mall of India in Noida with your friends and family. While the former has an impressive ice skating rink, the latter has options for both ice skating and sledding.
- Location: Ambience Mall, Gurgaon
- Timings: 10:30 am to 10:00 pm; everyday
- Entry Fee*: ₹ 499 (weekdays); ₹ 699 (weekends)
*The fee is for individual sessions of 1 hour 15 minutes
- Location: DLF Mall of India, Noida
- Timings: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm; everyday
- Entry Fee*: ₹ 1000
*The fee is for individual sessions of 1 hour
3. Spend a Fun-filled Day at Water Parks
Allow your inner child to break free and relive those days of school picnics at some of the most popular amusement and water parks in Delhi NCR like Adventure Island in Rohini or Worlds of Wonder in Noida. This time, you will have the freedom to roam around of your own accord with your set of friends or family members.
- Location: Rohini
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Entry Fee: ₹ 600
- Key attractions: Artificial Lake, Splash Down, Z-Force, Cyclone, Wave Rocker
Fun N Food Village
- Location: Old Delhi – Gurgaon Road
- Timings: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Entry Fee: ₹ 1000 + GST (for couples); ₹ 300 + GST (for kids)
- Key attractions: Roll N Roll, Magic Carpet, Dragon Ride, Polo Trooper, King Wheel, Disco Disco, Tora Tora, Snow Blaster
Just Chill Water Park
- Location: Main GT Karnal Road
- Timings: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Entry Fee:
- Weekdays: ₹ 500 (adults); ₹ 400 (kids); ₹ 1000 (couples); ₹ 800 (stags)
- Weekends – ₹ 600 (adults); ₹ 500 (kids); ₹ 1200 (couples); ₹ 900 (stags)
- Key Attractions: Katrina Twist, GodZilla, Black Thrill, Zig Zag, Dark Hole, Bull Ride, Break Dance
Worlds of Wonder
- Location: Noida (GIP Mall)
- Timings: 10:30 pm to 7:00 pm
- Entry fee: ₹ 599 (kids); ₹ 749 (adults); ₹ 249 (senior citizens)
- Key Attractions: Mega Disko, Download, Rockin Roller, Big Beat, Fast Forward
4. Soothe your Mind and Body with a Spa Session
Nothing helps in beating the summer blues like a relaxing session at the spa. Be it a full body mud bath or a relaxing massage using Ayurvedic techniques, there are aplenty ways to cool down and prepare for the hot and humid days. Some of the best spas in Delhi are ESPA, Antara and Imperial Spa and Salon.
Also check couple friendly hotels in Delhi
5. Attend the Much-talked about Event of Summers – Pool Parties
If tanning has never been your concern and you have always sort of loved being in the water, attend a pool party. Usually organised by some of the top hotels and resorts across the city, these just require you to gather your tribe, select your swimming costume and reach the venue. After this, dive in the pool or float around with your choice of cocktail or mocktail.
6. Do not Miss out on the Mango Festival
Held in the month of July, the Mango Festival is for all those people who consider this seasonal fruit their holy grail and can gorge on an ‘n’ number of mangoes. Organised by Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation, the Mango festival allows you to be surrounded by mangoes and sample 1100+ varieties of this much-loved fruit.
- Venue: Dilli Haat, Pitampura
- Dates: 9th July to 10th July
7. Listen to Qawwali at the Nizamuddin Dargah
This is one of the most popular things to do in Delhi at night, wherein you can simply lose yourself in the soulful Sufi music at various shrines across the city. However, if you have to choose one place to listen to this divine blend of poetry and music, head to Nizamuddin Dargah, which was built in the memory of the world-renowned Sufi saint – Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya.
- Timings: 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm; every day except Thursday
8. Challenge your Friends to a Game of Bowling at Smaaash
The famous gaming and entertainment outlet of Delhi, where you can head to in any season, is SMAASH. From bowling and pool games to foosball and indoor cricket, there are a whole lot of fun activities awaiting you at this outlet. With great food, drinks and games, you can easily spend an entire day with your friends or family.
- Location: Ambience Mall, Vasant Kunj
- Timings: 12:30 pm to 11:55 pm
9. Go Hiking at IMF
Perfect for all the adventurers out there who are always looking for new ways to challenge themselves, Indian Mountaineering Foundation is a must-visit. The IMF has an artificial wall where you can test your endurance levels and build up some serious climbing skills. While it is perfect for people who want to go hiking on real mountains, it also contributes to a great workout session if you are bored of your normal gym and running routine.
- Location: Moti Bagh, South Campus
- Timings: 11:00 am – 5:00 pm; every day
- Entry Fee: ₹ 600-1000
10. Special Mention – Weekend Trips to Hill Stations
If you are more of a traveller and would love to escape the heat of the capital altogether, how about a weekend trip from Delhi?! There are hordes of hill stations near Delhi under 300 km where you can spend a relaxing weekend. Soak in the beauty of the hills, go on long nature walks and watch the clear starry sky at night.
Most Popular Hill Stations near Delhi
- Mussoorie (279 km)
- Nainital (287 km)
- Bhimtal (296 km)
- Naukuchiatal (306 km)
- Sattal (313 km)
- Ranikhet (338 km)
- Chail (340 km)
- Almora (346 km)
- Shimla (360 km)
- Auli (364 km)
Of course, these are the things that we think you should definitely not miss out on during the summer season. However, if you have anything else that we can add to the list, do tell us. But, before we sign off, do not forget to cool off with chilled beers and cocktails at the pubs and bars in Delhi.
Things to Do in Delhi in Summer (Video):
Recommended Hotels in New Delhi:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!