#BleedBlue will trend again, stadiums will erupt with loud cheering and every ball thrown in the air by our batsmen will be observed with bated breath! Because the much-awaited ICC World Cup is back. Starting from 30th May 2019, this is one event which is holy to cricket fans, especially in India.
And if you are one of those ardent fans who cannot afford to miss a match, here are the best sports bars in Pune screening the ICC World Cup 2019 live. Because only true fans know the sheer bliss of watching a live match on a big screen. So, gather your tribe (people who dig cricket as much as you do) and reserve your tables beforehand for the days when the match will be on. After all, nothing beats the company of your cricket-loving friends, chilled beer and cozy space in a sports bar during the World Cup!
Sports Bars in Pune
1. The Irish House, Pune
The Irish House is renowned for hosting not only live match screenings but also quizzes and games for popular TV shows. Quizzes and games for Game of Thrones were held in its Mumbai branch.
And the Pune outlet of the pub is leaving no stone unturned for the World Cup. They are curating a special menu of DIY platters and chilled beers to keep you satiated throughout the match. Plus, if you predict the winner of the match correctly, you will be rewarded with free beers. Sounds amazing? Book your tables well in advance because they will be packed pretty soon.
- Location: Phoenix Market City, Viman Nagar Road, Pune
- Timings: 12 PM – 1 AM
- Cuisine: Italian, American, European and Fast Food
- Must Have: Chicken Popcorn, Mocktails, Nacho Grande
- Cost for Two: INR 1700; INR 195 For A Pint of Beer
2. XOZero, Pune
One of the most sought-after clubs in Pune, XOZero can be your go-to destination for every match screening and not just the ICC World Cup. Complete with a cozy ambiance, great cocktails and exciting platters that will relinquish all your hunger, XOZero is always brimming with youngsters who want to hang out with their friends or simply unwind after a long day.
And things are getting to even better when the screening of the matches start on 30th May. Right from happy hours to a space dedicated to the ardent fans of cricket match, you will find everything here. And don’t forget to try their Fruit bomb – a heady combination of fresh ice cream topped with loads of fruits and nuts!
- Location: Raavi Nagar, Near DC Showroom, Sus Road, Pune
- Timings: 12 PM – 2 AM
- Cuisine: Chinese, Continental and North Indian
- Must Have: Masala Peanuts, Butter Garlic Prawns, Chicken Barbeque Wings, Mocktails, Pink Sauce Pasta
- Cost for Two: INR 1800; INR 189 for a pint of beer
3. Hakuna Matata, Pune
Renowned as the ‘neighborhood pub’ of Pune, Hakuna Matata literally translates to ‘There are no troubles’ and that is exactly why people come here – to forget their troubles. Of course, a drink helps too!
Moreover, with their crazy offers like IMFL @ 99, you don’t have to worry about digging a hole in your pocket while you watch the ICC World Cup on the big screen. Enjoy their non-veg platters with chilled beer on tap while you cheer for Team India during the match.
- Location: The Deccan Royaale Hotel, Near Sambhaji Park, JM Road, Pune
- Timings: 7 AM – 12 Midnight
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian and Desserts
- Must Have: Nachos, Dum Biryani, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Banjara Chicken Kebab and more
- Cost for Two: INR 1400; INR 139 for a pint of beer
4. Merazo, Pune
Colorful art-deco which makes you feel like you are dining in a cliffside restaurant in Greece is the highlight of this beautiful restaurant-cum-bar in Pune. And to make sure that you get the best seat for watching the Cricket World Cup, they are dedicating not only space to the widescreen but also a full-fledged Happy Hour menu. There will also be a 99 menu from 12:30 PM to 11 PM every day.
You just need to reserve your table beforehand and be there on time. Order pegs of rum, vodka and whiskey along with spicy starters.
- Location: New DP Road Chowk, Vishal Nagar, Pimple Nilak, Wakad, Pune
- Timings: 12 PM – 3:30 PM; 7 PM – 11:30 PM
- Cuisine: Asian, North Indian, Italian and Salad
- Must Have: Peri-peri prawns, chicken wings, chicken biryani, lasagna and more
- Cost for Two: INR 1200; INR 135 for a pint of beer
5. Classic Rock Coffee Co. Pune
This cafe-cum-bar is a quintessential place for many youngsters to hang out either after college or work. While you can always sit here, sip on a glass of iced coffee and enjoy rock music with your friends, this season they are also screening ICC World Cup matches.
They have curated an exciting menu of good food, mostly starters to go well with all the glasses of mocktails or cocktails you will gulp down while watching the match. The Happy Hour menu will start from 9 PM and will be available till 3 AM giving you a place to go for late night drinks and sit back after the match finishes.
- Location: Town Square Shopping Centre, 5th Floor, Viman Nagar, Pune
- Timings: 6 PM – 3 AM
- Cuisine: Continental, Asian, Pizza and North Indian
- Must Have: Mac and Cheese, Nachos Platter, Jalapeno Poppers, Brownie, Ravioli and more.
- Cost for Two: INR 1500; INR 135 for a pint of beer
6. Aufside @ Hotfut, Pune
The classiest sports bar in Pune, Aufside @ Hotfut is every sports lovers’ dream come true. A huge projector, both inside and outside the bar along with live commentary to keep you updated on the stats of the match is one thing which makes it perfect for watching the ICC World Cup 2019.
Oh, and did we tell you that this sports bar even has a turf ground where you can play your favorite sport? It does!
- Location: Kumar Pacific Mall, Swargate, Pune
- Timings: 3 PM – 11:30 PM
- Cuisine: American, North Indian, Continental and Finger Food
- Must Have: Barbeque Chicken Wings, Tenderloin Steak, Jalapeno Cheeseballs, Pork Chops, Cajun Chicken and more
- Cost for Two: INR 1500; INR 180 for a pint of beer
7. Murphies, Pune
One of the most chilled out restaurant-cum-bar, Murphies is renowned for its beautiful outdoor seating and the large white screen on which you can watch live matches.
Located in the business center of Pune – Koregaon Park, this place is usually frequented by people who want to unwind with a tall glass of beer after a long day of work. Once in a while, they host live music and other events. With their crackling menu of healthy food and heady mix of cocktails, this place has you set for all the World Cup matches. Make prior reservations if you don’t want to wait up.
- Location: Pingale Corner, Koregaon Park, Pune
- Timings: 12 Noon – 12 Midnight
- Cuisine: Healthy Food, Steak, Salad, Finger Food, Beverages and more
- Must Have: Chicken Wings, Kiwi Iced Tea, Nachos, Jacked Potato and More
- Cost for Two: INR 1300; INR 140 for a pint of beer
8. Frozen Monkey, Pune
Frozen Monkey has become the go-to place for all university kids. The ambiance is warm and perfect for a night of revelry and fun. While most nights it is pretty jam-packed with party-lovers dancing the night away, the scene is completely different when the ICC World Cup takes over.
Eyes glued to the big screen, loud cheering and pitchers of beer! This will be a common sight after 30th May. Make sure you book your table in advance as the place tends to get a little crowded late into the night.
- Location: Xion Mall, Level 1, Next to E Square Multiplex, Hinjawadi, Pune
- Timings: 4 PM – 1:30 AM
- Cuisine: North Indian, Italian, Continental, Asian, Finger Food and Chinese
- Must Have: Cocktails, Masala Papad, Fire Chicken,
- Cost for Two: INR 1300; INR 165 for a pint of beer
While this is our list of best sports bars in Pune to catch on the World Cup, it is certainly not exhaustive. So, do tell us your favorite sports bar where you will be watching the match live in the comments below.