The last few months have been immensely trying for everyone, courtesy the coronavirus pandemic. While the frontline warriors are doing their best to contain the virus, civilians have accepted a new way of living and working amid the lockdown…Working From Home! However, WFH may not be equally productive for all individuals; it often becomes difficult due to lack of motivation and leads to lethargy and inefficiency.
In order to help you fight these counter-productive repercussions of WFH, we have handpicked some inspiring quotes by eminent personalities of the world to help you overcome the work from home blues:
1. “Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be” – Gautama Buddha
According to Gautama Budhha, you need to make peace with it and be positive and optimistic regarding the future instead of feeling bad for the new norms.
2. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at” – Stephen Hawking
The great Physicist, Hawking meant that no matter how much difficulty one faces, there are always ways to overcome it and achieve greater heights.
3. “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want more”Augusta F. Kantra
As per Augusta, you must keep in mind the long-term goals if you ever feel like procrastinating your work.
4. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop” – Confucius
This line from the Chinese Philosopher, Confucius tells the world to keep hustling and eventually, things will fall in place and goals will be achieved, later if not sooner.
5. “Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you but to help you realise your hidden potential and power. Let difficulties know that you too are difficult” – Avul Pacir Zainulabidin Abdul Kalam
The former President of India and a renowned Indian scientist, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam has conveyed an immensely thoughtful message that obstacles are a crucial part of life and that we should not be afraid of them.
6. “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination” – Jimmy Dean
Dean, the America-based singer, quoted that there will be times when you will be faced with problems about which you cannot do much like the pandemic and yet, you will have to adapt to it and keep working towards your goals.
7. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible” – Tony Robbins
He insisted that it is extremely important to make goals in order to achieve them. So make daily task-lists and try to finish that that day itself.
8. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities” – K. Rowling
Renowned writer Rowling’s quote tells that you may find excuses or reasons to quit, but is it how you want to define yourself?
9. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going” – Beverly Sills
While WFH, you often get the urge of cutting corners. However, you need to be your own supervisor and work with full dedication for achieving your targets.
10. “You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it” – Charles Buxton
This wonderful quote by Buxton hints at creating a healthy work-life balance which can be achieved by creating a simple calendar or task sheet.