2020 has been a difficult year for everyone. It is hence even more important to welcome 2021 warmly and with positivity. If you are in New Delhi, here is a list of top places you can visit to welcome the New Year 2021. Usher in the New Year with only good vibes by celebrating it in any one of the incredible places situated in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Rajasthan.
Places to visit in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh and a wonderful destination that will relax and rejuvenate you. Once called the Summer Capital of the Britishers, today the city is full of beautiful architecture, stunning viewpoints, and restaurants and cafés.
- Distance from Delhi: 343 km
- Local attractions: Mall Road, Botanical Gardens, The Ridge, Jakhoo Hill, and Hanuman Temple, Kalka-Shimla Railway
Located near Dharmashala, Mcleodganj is a perfect combination of the spiritual and the fun side of Himachal and is one of the best tourist places near Delhi for New Year. The town reflects the Tibetan culture and houses some of the most prominent Tibetan monasteries. You can enjoy the colours and culture of Mcleodganj and welcome 2021 peacefully here.
- Distance from Delhi: 473 km
- Local attractions: Namgyal Monastery, Dal Lake, St. John in the Wilderness Church, Naddi View Point, Kalachakra Temple
3. Tirthan Valley
Tirthan Valley lies very close to the Great Himalayan National Park entrance. The serene Tirthan River flows through the valley, exuding a whimsical vibe. Imagine spending New Year’s Eve with good food, great company, and watching the beautiful river flow! The place offers abundant choices for adventure activities.
- Distance from Delhi: 496 km
- Local attractions: Serlosar Lake, Jalori Pass, Jibhi hamlet, Great Himalayan National Park
Kasol is slowly becoming a very popular tourist destination in Himachal. The place is now known for its Hippie culture along with incredible Israeli food and awesome trekking paths. Nestled amongst snow-tipped mountains and greenery, book a hotel or a cottage here, and enjoy the New Year.
- Distance from Delhi: 511 km
- Local attractions: Nature Park, Gurudwara Manikaran, Kheerganga Trek Choj Bridge
With snow-capped mountain ranges, beautiful valleys, and incredible views, Manali will make your New Year celebration all the more special. For adventure lovers, Manali has a lot of options like skiing, snowboarding, trekking, and zip-lining. The popular hill station is located in the Kullu District and is at an altitude of 2050 metres.
- Distance from Delhi: 530 km
- Local attractions: Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Jogini Falls, Mall Road, Solang Nala, Bhrigu Lake
Looking for a calm and serene spot to welcome 2021? There is no place better than Dalhousie. This hill station is a paradise for wild animals, birds, and incredible flora. Dalhousie is spread over 5 different hills and has a lot of tourist spots for travellers.
- Distance from Delhi: 560 km
- Local attractions: Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Dainkund Peak, St. John’s Church, Beeji’s Park, Chamera Dam
Khajjiar is a small town located near Dalhousie and is called the mini-Switzerland of India because of its topographical resemblance to this country. Khajjiar Lake is a sight to behold. The entire town is surrounded by green meadows and tall cedar trees. Sometimes the town can be closed if the snowfall is very high. Check this out before planning your New Year trip here.
- Distance from Delhi: 571 km
- Local attractions: Khajjiar Lake, Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, Dainkund Peak, Khajji Nag Temple, Kalatop Forest
Places to visit in Uttarakhand
Who said New Year has to always be about partying? Get the blessings of the almighty on New Year’s Eve with a visit to the holy Haridwar. Filled with temples and ashrams on all sides, you will instantly feel at peace when you enter the city. Take part in the popular Ganga Arati at the banks of the river Ganga.
- Distance from Delhi: 222 km
- Local attractions: Har Ki Pauri Ghat, Rajaji National Park, Shri Mata Mansa Devi Mandir, Shantikunj Gayatri Parivar
Dehradun is also quite close to Delhi and hence makes it to the list of awesome places to visit near Delhi during New Year. This very popular hill station will leave your senses relaxed and calm. There are a lot of awesome tourist spots in Dehradun. Celebrate New Year at the foothills of the Himalayas.
- Distance from Delhi: 247
- Local attractions: Robber’s Cave, Rajaji National Park, Tapkeshwar Mandir, Malsi Deer Park, Mindrolling Monastery
Lansdowne is a beautiful town in Uttarakhand and is located at an elevation of 1700 metres above sea level. This town is known for its wildlife and undisturbed natural beauty. It is quite close to Jim Corbett National Park too. You can spend your New Year in hotels that offer mesmerising views of the mountain ranges.
- Distance from Delhi: 271 km
- Local Attractions: Tip In Top Point, Manwaring Viewpoint, Bhulla Tal
Another equally popular tourist spot in Uttarakhand is Mussoorie. Every corner of this beautiful hill station will leave you amazed by the beauty of nature and the friendly behaviour of the locals. Find a great hotel or a resort, settle back and enjoy the views. Take a cable car ride on New Year’s Eve and feel on top of the world.
- Distance from Delhi: 290 km
- Local attractions: Company Garden, Lal Tibba Scenic Point, Gun Hill Point, Kempty Falls, Bhadraj Temple
Dhanaulti is a small little town in Uttarakhand about 60 km from Mussoorie. This hill station is away from the usual crowd and leaves you relaxed on New Year. You can have quiet picnics and enjoy great views of the mountains from here.
- Distance from Delhi: 291 km
- Local attractions: Burans Khanda, Surkanda Devi Kaddukhal
Nainital is one of the top places to visit near Delhi for New Year celebration, thanks to its proximity to the capital and its mesmerising beauty. Take a boat ride in the Nainital Lake or explore the city on a horseback. Nainital is not very crowded in winters and hence you can own the place and celebrate New Year like a champ.
- Distance from Delhi: 306 km
- Local attractions: Nainital Lake, Snow Viewpoint, Tiffin Top, G B Pant High Altitude Zoo, Cave Garden, Shri Maa Naina Devi Temple
Thousands of travellers visit this amazing hill station every year. Complete with hill temples, quaint little churches, and street-side markets, you will fall in love with this destination. Almora has many budget-friendly lodging options for visitors.
- Distance from Delhi: 370 km
- Local attractions: Kasar Devi Temple, Chitai Golu Devta temple, Budden Memorial Methodist Church, Mrig Vihar Zoo
Want to ski on New Year’s Eve? Head over to Auli. If the snowfall conditions are favourable, skiing activities open from January. If you want to spend New Year’s atop a hill with nature’s bounty all around you, take up the Kuari Pass trailhead. Auli is also popular for its long cable ride.
- Distance from Delhi: 386
- Local attractions: Auli ropeway, Artificial Lake, Gurson Bugyal, Chattrakund, Joshimath
16. Abbott Mount
Located at an altitude of 7000-feet, this small hamlet has cottages, a small church, and eateries set amidst deodar and pine forests and deep valleys. The place ties up visitors with its ethereal beauty. You can relax away from the usual crowd you are used to and welcome the New Year with a calm soul here.
- Distance from Delhi: 440 km
- Local attractions: Abbott Mount Church, Lohaghat, Banasur ka Kila, Mayawati Ashram
Places to visit in Rajasthan
Called the Pink City, Jaipur is a great place to welcome the New Year 2021. You can welcome the New Year like royalty, with great food and amazing beverages. Celebrations cannot be better than this. Jaipur has great scope for shopping, sightseeing, and is known for its amazing cafes.
- Distance from Delhi: 279 km
- Local attractions: Amber Palace, Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal
The name Dausa means ‘beautiful like heaven’. This wonderful little city is one of the very unique tourist places near Delhi for New Year celebration. This city is about 50 km from Jaipur and is known for its stone carvings and architecturally amazing structures. Pleasantly cold, Dausa is best explored during December and January so ideal for you to celebrate New Year’s Eve here.
- Distance from Delhi: 282 km
- Local attractions: Mehandipur Balaji Temple, Gatolav Pond
Dholpur is located on the banks of the river Chambal. Friendly locals, amazing street food, and the popular Chambal Wildlife Sanctuary make Dholpur a great place to visit with family and friends. The city gets very hot in summer and December-January are the best months to visit Dholpur.
- Distance from Delhi: 292 km
- Local attractions: Shergarh Fort, Nihal Tower, Chopda Mahadev Mandir, Chambal Safari
Located on the foothills of the Aravali Hills, Ranthambore is a paradise for Tigers. The Ranthambore National Park offers regular safaris inside the premises and you can spend your New Year spotting rare species of animals and birds. Do not forget to visit the Ranthambore Fort, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Distance from Delhi: 392 km
- Local attractions: Ranthambore Fort, Ranthambore National Park, Jogi Mahal, Trinetra Ganesh Temple
Ajmer is a cultural paradise of Rajasthan. This is the oldest city in the State and is surrounded by important landmarks, forts, and palaces. Ajmer has a lot of hotels and restaurants for visitors and you can spend a relaxed couple of days here, enjoying the ambience.
- Distance from Delhi: 402 km
- Local attractions: Hazrat Khawaja Gharib Nawaz Dargah, Anasagar Lake, Dhai Din Ka Jhopra, Nareli Gyanoday Digamber Jain Temple
Jodhpur is called the Blue City because of how most buildings here are painted blue. Stare from the balcony of your room into the never-ending stretch of blue houses and buildings and that alone will make your New Year super special! Jodhpur offers a wide range of lodging options for travellers.
- Distance from Delhi: 619 km
- Local attractions: Mehrangarh Fort and Museum, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Bal Samand Lake
Just like Jaipur, Udaipur will also make you feel like royalty. This is one of the best places to visit near Delhi on New Year because of how lovely the city looks when it is all decked up. Did you know that Udaipur is called the ‘Venice of the East’? Plan a trip here to explore the reasons why!
- Distance from Delhi: 661 km
- Local attractions: City Palace, Lake Pichola, Jagmandir, Fateh Sagar Lake, Saheliyon-ki-Bari
24. Mount Abu
This is the only hill station in Rajasthan. Complete with various viewpoints, picturesque lakes, and boating facilities, Mount Abu is a favourite tourist spot for travellers around the country. The hill station makes to the list of places to visit near Delhi during New Year because of its amazing views and tourist spots.
- Distance from Delhi: 761 km
- Local attractions: Toad Rock, Dilwara Temples, Nakki Lake
Jaisalmer looks like a picture out of an Arabian Nights fairy tale! This is called the ‘Golden City’ and lies in the middle of the mighty Thar Desert. Picture a tent under the night sky and stars with soft sand under your feet! Have you ever had a more awesome New Year celebration before?
- Distance from Delhi: 767 km
- Local attractions: Jaisalmer Fort, Gadisar Lake, Patwon ki Haveli, Salam Singh Ki Haweli
Looking for the perfect getaway to end 2020 and begin 2021 on a high note? Explore the above-mentioned places to visit near Delhi for New Year celebration and start planning.