Nightlife in Chandigarh has grown from nil to giving serious thrills to the nocturnal movers and shakers, who live by the city’s pulsating night affairs. The power precept of the night owls here is simple – swag is not something you wear; it is something you are born with. If you are visiting Chandigarh, then get ready to unwind, break free and ‘partayyy’ all night. Each of the partying citizens in this partysthan stands by the motto “Booze is serious business”, calling it ‘Car-O-Bar’ which translates to drinking at the trunk of the car (pun intended)!
Nightlife is the way of life here, where myriad pubs, discs, breweries, nightclubs, and resto-bars contribute to no-holds-barred partying. Here is a list of some of the major partying hotspots, including the best pubs in Chandigarh where the grind never ends!
Pubs in Chandigarh:
|Score||Madhya Marg, Sector 8C|
|Paara||Central Mall, Industrial Area Phase I|
|Hops n Grains||Sector 9, Panchkula|
|Wild West Bar||Sector 35 B|
|FLYP@MTV||Madhya Marg, Sector 26B|
|The Back Room||The Toy Hotel, Sector 34A|
|F Bar and Lounge||Madhya Marg, Sector 26|
|Peddlers||Hotel Heritage, Sector 35|
|The Great Bear||Madhya Marg, Sector 26|
|Buzz Bar||Sector 17A|
1. Score, Chandigarh
If ‘elite’ is your theme for a gala time under the starry tapestry of the night, then Score is our personal pick for you. The neon lights and the ambient lighting with the luxe furniture render attitude to this place, where foot-tapping numbers from the DJ can get even zombies grooving, much like Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”. Large HD screens have sports aficionados glued on, while foodies can binge on the delish grub from the North-Indian, Italian, and Mexican kitchens just for the carousers. Touted as the best bar in Chandigarh to the dance the night away, the floor here is the dwelling ground for couples and stags alike, while the bar brims with Scotches, gins, vodkas, tequilas, Cognacs, shooters, beers, frozen cocktails, and much more. A dedicated area is allocated for smokers at the pub while the wild hype is sempiternal, which is why Score is certainly your best bet to keep the night going.
- Location: Madhya Marg, Sector 8C , Chandigarh
- 11:00 am to 08:00 pm; Monday
- 11:00 am to 07:00 pm (Tuesday and Thursday)
- 11:00 am to 8:00 pm (Monday)
- 11:00 am to 01:00 am (Wednesday and Friday)
- 11:00 am to 02:00 am (Saturday and Sunday)
- Must-try Items: Fish Finger, Butter Chicken Combo, Chilli Chicken Dry, Fried Wings, Flaming Lamborghini, Tom Collins
- Cost for Two: ₹2000
2. Paara, Chandigarh
Paara in Chandigarh is the groove ground of excellence. With the astounding dance floor, posh ambiance, plush lounges, swanky spotlights, and the hard-hitting music, the mercury levels keep soaring high while revelers are given ‘chardi kala’, an eternal level of mental optimism by the DJ and the sommeliers. This place is a hedonists’ haven when it comes to food, drinks, dancing, and did we mention dating?
Looking for the best disc in Chandigarh? Paara is the answer as it unleashes dancing powers among party animals with its bright spotlights and electric ambiance catalyzing the scene. The lavish food and drinks menu emulates some of the best lounges across the country with fine-dining options as well. Wednesdays are dedicated to endless gossips with the Girls’ Night Out, whereas Supersonic Saturdays are for stress busting. At Paara, you either drench yourself in sweat or quench your thirst with tantalizing cocktails.
- Location: Central Mall, Industrial Area Phase I, Chandigarh
- Timings: 11:00 am to 01:00 am
- Must-try Items: Mushroom and Olive Crostini, Khumb Ki Galouti, Olivo- Chimi Changa, Pita Pocket Shish Taouk, Long Island Ice Tea, Whiskeys, Tequila, Rum
- Cost for Two: ₹ 3000
3. Hops n Grains, Chandigarh
They say great minds drink alike, and true that! Many a great minds including Shakespeare, Plato and even Abraham Lincoln confessed their love for the pint! Locals of Chandigarh are no different. Hops n Grains delights you with the blue neon lighting adding nerve to the rustic ambiance in a classic wooden finish. The well-sectioned bar area is where the highest level of mental exercise while choosing your drink happens. The Brew Menu has Belgian, Irish, and German brews, Pale Ales, Lagers, Ambers, Blondes, Fruit Brews, Golden Ales, Stouts, Porters and more. For the ‘no-beer’ crowd, they have a gamut of other drinks to suit the taste. The food platter serves everything scrumptious, from North-Indian, Middle-Eastern and Mexican to Continental world cuisines. The most elite beer guzzlers of Chandigarh work until ‘beer o’clock’ here with reverberating tunes buzzing in the background.
- Location: Sector 9, Panchkula , Chandigarh
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 12:00 am; every day
- Happy Hours: 12:00 pm to 07:30 pm
- Must-try Items: Pasta, Long Island Iced Tea, Exotic Pizza, Salads, Paneer Tikka, Wheat Beer, Mocktails, Taco Chicken Salad
- Cost for Two: ₹ 2000
4. Wild West Bar, Chandigarh
When we say Wild West, we don’t mean the Hollywood blockbuster starring Will Smith and Kevin Kline, but this bar in Chandigarh which has an identical setup, with waiters in cowboy hats and boots serving up your favorite drinks and munchies. The polished tables in teak and the rustic three-legged bar stools add magnetism to your Western adventure. From jumbo mugs and pitchers to beer towers, there is complete free flow. This place has some great ‘bocktails’ on the rocks – no, we are not referring to new bird species here, but concoctions made of beer and fruit juices. Get mutually drunk while you catch up with old buddies, gorge on some amazingly juicy kebabs, and post instantly on your social account with the free Wi-Fi. Wild West Pub and Bar in Chandigarh is a soothing place for those who want to keep a low-profile evening in the ever-buzzing quintessentially Punjabi-at-heart city.
- Location: Sector 35 B, Chandigarh
- Timings: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Must-try Items: Murg Tikka Makhani, Murg Wajid Ali, Sikandari Raan, Fruit Beers, Beer Tower Strong, Bocktails
- Cost for Two: ₹ 800
5. FLYP@MTV, Chandigarh
This upscale urban café in the city charms crowds because of its airy and commodious spacing, ambient seating, glasshouse-style roofing, sporty tables, delightful paintings, yellow lighting, and HD screens. The drinks and food here are high in scrumptiousness, affordability, and quality. A well-lit bar is the showstopper here, while the live band resurrects the morbid crowds, turning them into reveling night riders. Booze, grub, and gupshup will be your top activities at FLYP. Do the small talk while nibbling on decadent pizzas, soups, salads, chaats, Mexican munchies, pasta, burgers, kebabs platters, and sweet nothings like brownies, tarts, and Tiramisu. The exotic drinks like sangria from Spain, whiskey-based pop-corn concoction from the USA, Medusa from Greece, Carnival Float from Brazil, Beer Bomb from Belgium, and Putin from Russia display the concocting creativity of mixologists. If these are not enough reasons to get you to FLYP@MTV, then what are?read also about Places to visit in Chandigarh
- Location: Madhya Marg, Sector 26B, Chandigarh
- Timings: 11:00 am to 12:00 am; every day
- Must-try Items: Biryani, Chicken Tikka, Virgin Mojito, Cocktails, Mocktails, Wheat Beer, White Sauce Pasta, Nachos, Chipotle Paneer Tikka, Chicken Parmesan, Paninis
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1200
6. The Back Room, Chandigarh
Housed in a rustic brick building surrounded by white picket fences, The Back Room, with its warm and soothing milieu, resembles an Irish pub. This brewing province boasts an upscale décor, exotic furniture, gigantic wooden-framed glass panes, arched seating compartments, a mammoth central arched cellar, foot-tapping music, and some piquant food with tantalizing drinks. The food is naturally sourced from the mountainous regions of Himachal, while honey and fruits add to the sweet factor. This vegan-friendly wondrous pub-cum-café also encourages budding artists to showcase their prolific acoustic skills.
- Location: The Toy Hotel, Sector 34A, Chandigarh
- Timings: 12:30 pm to 12:00 am
- Must-try Items: Greek Goddess Bowl, Vietnamese Paper Rolls, Spice Whiskey Sauce Sandwich, Golgappa Mojito, Dilli da Mule, Beer Buckets
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1600
7. F Bar and Lounge, Chandigarh
This is one of the most upbeat, Instagram-worthy places in the city that is inspired by couture, fashion and of course, the high life. The diamond logo bejewels the wooden walls in LED and the dim lighting tunes in the sensuous charm of the night, making it one of the best lounging venues in Chandigarh. The bar offers Shisha and amazing beers to pump up some party adrenaline. You will find the classiest and the sassiest people in town grooving to the techno and trance beats here. The lavish dining area and patio have people digging into some celebrity chef-cooked nosh that is nothing less than culinary magic.
- Location: Madhya Marg, Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Must-try Items: Paneer Tikka, Thin Crust Pizza, Coffee, Butter Chicken, Galauti Kebab, Dal Makhani, F Signature Cocktails, Shooters, Classic Cocktails, Fashion Week Platters, Haute Couture, Shisha
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1800
8. Peddlers, Chandigarh
Peddlers is a Downtown New York kind of bar with minimal lighting, loud casual music, and some delicious grub. Its lively ambiance is made up by live bands packing in some resonating tunes on demand to set the mood right. The nibbles, soups, Oriental bowls, salads, grills, and the umpteen casual dining options here make it a foodies’ paradise too. Draught beer mugs and pitchers are offered at slashed down prices during the Happy Hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, when one would want to end the day in the solace of some chilled beer gushing down the throat.
- Location: Hotel Heritage, Sector 35, Chandigarh
- Timings: 11:00 am to 11:30 pm
- Must-try Items: Paneer Tikka, Dimsums, Cheesy French Fries, Jalapeno Corn Cheese Poppers, Mezze Platter, Drunken Chicken, Mexican Baked Chicken Nachos, Signature Cocktails, Peddler’s Mountain
- Cost for Two: ₹ 2200
9. The Great Bear, Chandigarh
Beer lovers of Chandigarh always hit The Great Bear to gulp some of the most exotic brews that the city has to offer with a decked-up ambiance and a rooftop. Inspired by the 16th-century beer house in Munich, Hofbräuhaus am Platzl, The Great Bear offers brewed elixirs like Wheat Beer, Golden Ale, German Bock, and Draught. If you are looking for harder drinks, then shooters, single malts, martinis, sangrias and cocktails are also available. There is a great world cuisine spread offered in-house. We promise that you will have a beery great time here.
- Location: Madhya Marg, Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Must-try Items: World Platters, Paneer Tikka, Falafel, Pizza, Mocktails, Wheat Beer, Cocktails, Murgh Platter
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1600
10. Buzz Bar, Chandigarh
This retro-futuristic party lounge is a hotspot for fun, food, and flames with the eclectic ambiance offering a jamboree bonus. The bright neon lights and the live DJ setting have been crowd-pullers since its launch. An overflow of booze and food is what makes the place a favorite of party animals. You can live life king size at the Buzz Bar, where the professional and young crowds of Chandigarh stop by to enjoy a concoction after sundown. This pub has a disc and an upbeat bar that are crowd spoilers.
- Location: Sector 17A, Chandigarh
- Timings: 6:00 pm to 12:00 am
- Must-try Items: Pasta, Mezze Platter, Soba Noodles, Chuppa Rustam Kebab, Sizzlers, Flaming drinks
- Cost for Two: ₹ 2500
With so many bars and pubs waiting to be explored, the only thing that is going to pop in your minds by the end of the week is “Thank God, it’s Friday!” So why wait any longer?! Just at night falls, step out of your hotel in Chandigarh, take a plunge into endless partying bliss at these top hotspots and see the magic unfold. Score some aces with the onlookers when you get grooving like Madonna and scream “Please don’t stop the music” like Rihanna. So, put on your party best and head out right now. The night is still young, my friend!