You may wonder what Mahabaleshwar has in store for you besides panoramic views, magnificent rolling hills, verdant valleys, and an overdose of strawberries. Food, of course! And the burst of berry and fruity surprises in this breath-taking hill station may leave you thinking, ah desserts! No, not just that. You’ll be delighted to know that Mahabaleshwar has its fair share of amazing restaurants where sweet and savory dishes are plated up to perfection. Whether you are a Chinese food fanatic, Italian cuisine lover or a hard-core desi foodie, this small town in Maharashtra has it all! Take a look at our specially curated list of restaurants in Mahabaleshwar that will make you divinely indulgent.
Best Non-Veg Restaurants in Mahabaleshwar
When you are holidaying in a hill station situated in the Sahyadri Range, what do you need to beat the cold and keep your energy levels up? Some woolen clothes, a cup of chai, and of course, some meaty delights. Tandoors, grills, rolls, burgers or sizzlers, you will find it all at the non-veg restaurants in Mahabaleshwar. Here’s a list:
1. The Grapevine (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
This plush restaurant on Masjid Road is beautifully done and houses a wine bar inside it. The Grapevine is definitely a luxe surprise you would least expect in the hilly zones of Mahabaleshwar. Owned by the creative and talented chef Raio, this restaurant is renowned for its Parsi, Mediterranean, and fresh seafood delights. The fresh catch including tiger prawns, salmon, lobster and more is perfectly cooked and spiced to make you fall in love with seafood all over again. The humungous Mutton Keema Burger that is served with scrumptious Harissa Mayo and Feta is a crowd-puller. What’s more, the place gives you Mediterranean vibes with its delightful wine list. You could also choose to wash down all that delicious food with chilled beer!
- Location of The Grapevine Restaurant: Masjid Road, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings of The Grapevine Restaurant: 09:30 am to 09:30 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items of The Grapevine Restaurant: Pasta, Mutton Keema Burger, Tiger Prawns, Mutton Kebabs, Lamb Shanks, Dalcha
- Cost for Two at The Grapevine Restaurant: ₹ 600 (approx.)
2. Saayali Restaurant, Mahabaleshwar
Your trip to Mahabaleshwar is incomplete if you return without taking a dig into the amazing food at Saayali, located strategically opposite the ST Bus Station. Set inside a glasshouse-inspired exterior, the eatery has well-lit and welcoming interiors. The special menu of the day displayed at the entrance is inviting and informs you about the daily delights. Saayali is one of the best non-veg restaurants in Mahabaleshwar known for its delish chicken preparations. The vegetarian and non-vegetarian delicacies from the Indian, Chinese, and Continental cuisines that are listed on the menu will leave you drooling. This is a great place for a fam-jam after an eventful day around the strawberry capital of India.
- Location of Saayali Restaurant: Opp. ST Bus Station, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings of Saayali Restaurant: 12 pm -4 pm, 7 pm-10:30 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items of Saayali Restaurant: Gujarati Thali, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Lollipop, Kebabs, Veg Spring Rolls, Veg Grill, Butter Chicken
- Cost for Two at Saayali Restaurant: 500 (approx.)
3. The Sizzler Place (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
In the same complex as Saayali is another great eatery, called the Sizzler Place. This is one of the best restaurants in Mahabaleshwar to chill out with your foodie gang for a non-vegetarian fare. Known to be the only sizzler place in the hill town, this restaurant serves non-vegetarian, vegetarian, and Chinese sizzlers, starters, and sizzling chocolate brownies. The restaurant also houses a bar for imported beer and exotic cocktail lovers. This kid-friendly restaurant has special kiddies’ sizzlers for the little ones. With a well-lit ambiance inviting you to indulge in heavenly delights, the Sizzler Place is a must-visit when you are in Mahabaleshwar.
- Location of The Sizzler Place (Restaurant): Opp. ST Bus Station, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings of The Sizzler Place (Restaurant): 11.30 am to 10.30 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items of The Sizzler Place (Restaurant): Chicken Sizzler, Mutton Sizzler, Seafood Sizzler, Sizzling Chocolate Brownie, Momos, Veg Noodles
- Cost for Two at The Sizzler Place (Restaurant): ₹ 1400 (approx.)
4. Meghdoot Restaurant, Mahabaleshwar
If you are looking for affordable and good non-veg restaurants in Mahabaleshwar, this place is a definite must-visit. Meghdoot is a multi-cuisine restaurant luring travelers with an extensive menu that covers Indian, Chinese, and Continental fare quite marvelously. In the Indian fare, Maharashtrian, Gujarati, and Mughlai are the lip-smacking specialties served here. Chicken and other yumilicious seafood preparations are irresistible and the restaurant has a cozy little Shawarma and Kebab corner for quick bites and an in-house bar as well.
- Location of Meghdoot Restaurant: Dr. Sabane Road, Main Market, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings of Meghdoot Restaurant: 11.00 am to 01.00 am; every day
- Must-Try Items of Meghdoot Restaurant: Butter Chicken, Chicken Biryani, Kebabs, Murgh Mussallam, Rawa Fish Fry, Chicken Shawarma Roll
- Cost for Two at Meghdoot Restaurant: ₹ 600 (approx.)
5. Angaare (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
Inside Brightland Resort, Angaare serves the choicest array of Indian barbeque delights under the stars. The freshest ingredients are served delightfully through the charming culinary creations by Angaare’s chefs. This al-fresco restaurant serves scrumptious veg and non-veg Kebabs and mains which match up to modern gastronomical standards. This is a perfect spot for couples to enjoy a warm and romantic meal while rekindling their love for each other and passion for amazing food.
- Location of Angaare (Restaurant): Kates Point Road, , Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 11.00 am to 12.00 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items: Cocktails, Chicken Kebab, Seafood Kebabs, Mushroom Barbecue
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1000 (approx.)
6. Mulberry Inn (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
Offering both veg and non-veg Indian and Asian cuisines is this friendly neighborhood eatery where you can have a hearty non-vegetarian meal. The amusing menu with entertaining names given to chicken dishes will bring a smile on your face. The restaurant has a rustic countryside look while chicken curries served in earthen clay pots look and taste astounding. The attentive service and the good portions will make you come back to Mulberry Inn for more. The restaurant is linked to a budget accommodation facility for a quick layover. If you are looking for some budget hotels in Mahabaleshwar to crash out after a long day of walking and sightseeing, this place could be an ideal pick.
- Location of Mulberry Inn (Restaurant): Near Metgutad Post Office, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: NA
- Must-Try Items: Tandoori Butter Roti, Chicken Chilly, Matka Chicken Handi, Chicken Malwani, Lasooni Palak
- Cost for Two: ₹ 500 (approx.)
7. Royal Garden Restaurant, Mahabaleshwar
Your gastronomic tour through Mahabaleshwar is incomplete without having binged at the Royal Garden restaurant. Serving Konkan, Maharashtrian, Mughlai, Punjabi, and Malvani fare, this multi-cuisine eatery blends contemporary hospitality with amazing food. This spacious family diner offers free Wi-Fi and has a good buffet arrangement. The mutton and seafood dishes served here will make you go bonkers while their decadent fresh fruit ice creams will pamper your sweet tooth.
- Location of Royal Garden Restaurant: Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 08.00 am to 10.00 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items: Fish Special Thali, Zunka Bhakri, Chulivarchi Mutton Bhakri, Kombadi Wade Thali
- Cost for Two: ₹ 800 (approx.)
8. Keys Café (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
Located in the chic Keys Hotel is this plush café that offers travelers a great respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. After a long day of sightseeing, you can unwind here over delicious non-veg snacks and hot drinks. The comfy seating and the classy interiors with a well-stocked bar are all you need to lift your spirits up. Outstanding food – Italian, Chinese, and Indian cuisines – and undeniably great service are the key features of this cute café. The eatery also serves buffet for the voracious foodies.
- Location of Keys Café (Restaurant): Gautam Road, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 07.30 am to 10.30 am; 12.00 noon to 03.00 pm; 07.30 pm to 10.30 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items: Cocktails, Wood Fire Pizzas, Pepper Chicken Supremo, Fussili Polo Crema Funghi, Penne Arabiatta
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1400 (approx.)
9. Aman Restaurant, Mahabaleshwar
This multi-cuisine restaurant serves a fine range of Mughlai and Punjabi delicacies. The place might be small, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in food quality and a cozy ambiance. The locals swear by the Kebabs and tikkas at Aman, not to mention the other succulent non-vegetarian delicacies in the menu. Lunch or dinner, you cannot go wrong with their butter naans and pahadi kebabs either!
- Location of Aman Restaurant: Dr. Sabane Road, Main Market, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 09:00 am to 11:00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Tandoori Kebabs, Tikkas, Butter Naan, Kheema Pav, Burji Paav,
- Cost for Two: ₹ 300 (approx.)
Best Vegetarian Restaurants in Mahabaleshwar
Vegetarians are in for good news! Mahabaleshwar has a number of vegetarian restaurants that serve drool-worthy food. If you fancy a filling vegetarian lunch or dinner, consider the following restaurants:
10. Mapro Garden (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
This vegetarian-friendly food court serves the most amazing grilled sandwiches, pizzas, and fast food in town. The limited but interesting menu has items to make your little ones happy. Known for its strawberry-based ice creams, smoothies, and desserts, Mapro Garden is every strawberry lover’s haven. And what’s more, it’s located at a fresh strawberry harvest garden in Panchgani. You must try their strawberry and whipped cream dessert which includes a bed of the sweetest farm-fresh strawberries topped with strawberry syrup and layers of whipped cream, Yum! The Margarita Pizza is awesome and so are the classic sandwiches.
- Location of Mapro Garden (Restaurant): Panchgani Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 08.00 am to 09.00 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items: Margarita Pizza, Ice creams, Veggie Delight Pizza, Strawberry, and Whipped Cream Dessert
- Cost for Two: ₹ 800 (approx.)
11. Olive Garden (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
The slice of Italy right in the middle of Mahabaleshwar – that’s what Olive Garden is! Located in Brightland Resort, this fine-dining venue is all about catering to your Italian food cravings while enjoying the mind-blowing vistas of this hill station. Jaw-dropping views coupled with some piping-hot pizzas, fresh oven-baked bread, crunchy salads, creamy pasta, great wine, and more will bowl foodies over. You can indulge in either the a la carte menu or the extensive buffet. The lavishly done interiors, décor, and the grand glass windows deserve a special mention. This is one of the best veg restaurants in Mahabaleshwar where every bite becomes a fond memory.
- Location of Olive Garden (Restaurant): Kates Point Road, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 7:30 am to 11:00 PM; everyday
- Must-Try Items: Margherita Pizza, Pasta, Soups, Basilico, Thin Crust Pizzas
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1200 (approx.)
12. Farmhouse Bistro (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
A place true to its name, Farmhouse Bistro delights diners with its Mediterranean marvels. This eatery is strategically located at one of the best hotels in Mahabaleshwar, Hotel Dreamland. The freshest veggies and produce from the local farms are served with utmost care and culinary skill at this open-terrace eatery. Woodfire pizzas, creamy pasta, and fresh salads always delight food connoisseurs. The mesmerizing aroma of extra-virgin olive oil has to be experienced first-hand. Special dishes like Charred Peach and Quinoa, Melon and Feta Bread and Roasted Beet Carpaccio offer ultimate sensory gratification.
- Location of Farmhouse Bistro (Restaurant): Hotel Dreamland, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 02:30 pm and 08:00 pm to 10:00 pm; every day
- Must-Try Items: Country Style Garlic Bread, Farm House Special Caesar Salad, Greenland Pizza, Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli
- Cost for Two: ₹ 800 (approx.)
13. Bagicha Corner (Restaurant), Mahabaleshwar
This open-air eatery offers a one-stop indulgence venue for dessert lovers who want a full dose of the sweetest strawberries, tongue-tingling ice cream, and delightful milkshakes. Located along the Panchgani-Mahabaleshwar road, this vegetarian-friendly eatery is a pit stop for weary travelers to re-energize on the delectable offerings. The exclusive menu features dishes ranging from Makkai specialties to North Indian snacks and Jain food. The place also serves varieties of Pakoras, Veg Sandwiches, Corn Pattice, and Burgers too. A specialty here is the assortment of fresh fruit bombs which are absolutely tasty and quite satisfying.
- Location of Bagicha Corner (Restaurant): Panchgani – Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar
- Timings: 09:30 am to 10:30 pm (Mon-Fri); 08:00 to 10:30 pm (Sat-Sun)
- Must-Try Items: Makai Cheese Toast Sandwich, Pakoras, Bagicha Special Cream, Makkai Pattice, Fresh Strawberry Bomb
- Cost for Two: ₹ 500 (approx.)
14. CAFE PETER
No list would be complete without talking about greens & CAFE PETER features everything you could want in a vegetarian restaurant – flavour, class and exceptional quality with jiffy service. There ‘mindful’ menu features numerous vegetarian options to nourish the body and the mind. The star pointer is, the cafe also has a Jain kitchen, it makes jain people feel home. The food is delicious, specially steak dishes like cottage cheese gochujang steak, the taste is a combination of sweet and spicy which compliments the beautiful weather.
This exclusive list of the top restaurants in Mahabaleshwar proves that the small hilly town is not just home to amazing scenery and decadent strawberries, but also to a wide range of epicurean experiences. What more could you ask for while holidaying in the lap of nature?