With the onset of Rose Day, starts the beloved Valentine’s Week – the excitement for which is absolutely crazy. Though the preparations for Valentine’s Day on 14 February might have begun for most of you, however, there might still be those who are still wondering where to celebrate this special day. If you’re among the second lot, we have some really good suggestions where you can express your love and watch your bae fall for you.
1. Dal Lake, Srinagar
There’s a reason why it is among the most romantic places on earth and an ideal destination for a Valentine’s Day getaway. Witness the spectacular view of snowclad mountains while you take a Shikara ride on Dal Lake. Don’t forget to buy your dearest ones some beautiful local flowers from the sellers rowing alongside.
- Popular Attractions: Nishat Garden, Chashme Shahi, Shalimar Bagh, Tulip Garden, Nagin Lake
2. Agonda Beach, South Goa
While the rest of Goa may stay abuzz with till-dawn parties, Agonda will offer you some quiet moments with your better half. Take a long walk at Galgibaga Beach, sunbathe, watch the sunset and enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner – what else do you want for a romantic getaway on Valentine’s Day?
- Popular Attractions: Galgibaga Beach, Rock Formations, Chapoli Dam
- Places to Stay: Hotels in South Goa
3. Tea Gardens of Munnar
This is the perfect destination for married couples. Let the early morning cup of tea in the living room be replaced by the one at the tea gardens. The serene surroundings, the aroma, and some intimate conversations away from the tensions of the household will make your day unforgettable.
- Popular Attractions: Tea Gardens, Kalari Kshethra, Munnar Hiking Trails, Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Munnar
4. Marine Drive, Mumbai
If you are not planning a getaway and are looking for a romantic evening date, simply head to Marine Drive. The buzzing boulevard not only offers spectacular views but is also lined with an array of plush restaurants. So following a long walk, simply sit beside each other and let the ambience do the talking. Experience love in its true form.
- Popular Attractions: Madh Island Beach, Nariman Point, Juhu Beach, Girgaum Chowpatty, Bandra Bandstand
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Mumbai
5. India Gate, Delhi
Nothing matches a quiet walk at India Gate during after-hours. While it may not be as silent as the crowd keeps coming around at odd hours too but when you watch your beloved acting all kiddish while having those budhiya ke baal and ice candies, you’ll know it was worth it. Make your Valentine’s Day a tad more special at this iconic monument.
- Popular Attractions: Lodhi Garden, Humayun Tomb, Deer Park, Qutab Minar, Connaught Place
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Delhi
6. Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
Whether we simply talk of taking the early morning safari or enjoying the view from the Honeymoon suite (now in ruins) of Ranthambore Fort, a trip to Ranthambore is going to be a one-of-a-kind Valentine’s celebration. Book a resort package for a delightful stay, a safari, and a beautifully planned dinner date under the stars.
- Popular Attractions: Ranthambore Fort, Padam Lake, Surwal Lake, Kachida Valley, Jogi Mahal
Tip: Don’t take a canter, hire a Thar.
If you are one of those who enjoy the highs of life, then you better take the highway. Take a road trip to Chandigarh and enjoy a romantic drive with your partner. Indulge in great food, absorb the aura of flowers at the Garden of Fragrance and don’t forget to plan a dinner date at Sukhna Lake.
- Popular Attractions: Sukhna Lake, Garden of Fragrance, Rose Garden, Rock Garden
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Chandigarh
What’s better than to express your affection at the monument of love, the Taj Mahal? Agra has forts, food, Mughal Gardens, and of course one of the seven wonders, making it the the best place to celebrate Valentine’s Day if you are short on time.
- Popular Attractions: Taj Mahal, Mehtab Bagh, Sheesh Mahal, Keetham Lake
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Agra
Udaipur hosts some of the world’s finest resorts over the lake. Relax and witness the sunbeams spreading on the water during the sunset. Indulge in heritage, and culture, and celebrate your love with a beautiful Valentine’s Day getaway. Some hotels like the Taj and Oberoi offer delightful stays with a scenic view of the lake right from your room’s window. There are options for boating and lakeside dates at the Lake Pichola to spend some quality time with your partner.
- Popular Attractions: Lake Pichola, Dudh Talai, Fateh Sagar Lake
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Udaipur
Famously known as the honeymoon destination of the South, Ooty is one of the most favourite romantic places for couples. The beautiful scenery with a backdrop of lush green mountains at Pykara Waterfalls is a sight to behold, making it one of the best places to visit on Valentine’s Day in India.
- Popular Attractions: Pykara Falls, Rose Garden, Doddabetta Peak, Avalanche Lake
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Ooty
Rejuvenate and relax with your partner in a houseboat in Alleppey backwaters. Spend your special day absorbing the surreal beauty of nature in the lap of Kerala’s most popular destination. Plan a Valentine’s date in a peaceful ambience with your loved one and cherish the moment that will last forever.
- Popular Attractions: Kuttanad Lake, Alappuzha Backwaters, Thekkady, Marari Beach
You can’t go wrong with a romantic getaway for Valentine’s Day in the Queen of Hills, Mussoorie. Wake up to the scenic sunrise at Lal Tibba, manifesting togetherness and enlightening your love towards your partner. Visit classic cafes and indulge in the local culture.
- Popular Attractions: Lal Tibba, Company Garden, Cloud’s End, Kempty Falls, Cafe Ivy
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Mussoorie
An intimate excursion to Minicoy in Lakshadweep is made for couples seeking to enjoy a peaceful and romantic vacation away from the crowd. Witness the picturesque turquoise blue ocean, white sand, and vibrant reefs.
- Popular Attractions: Minicoy Island, Agatti Island, Kalpeni Islands, Bangaram Island
Manali is one of the top honeymoon destinations in North India. It is the perfect place for Valentine’s Day to enjoy the snow. Watch the golden snowy mountains at Solang Valley during the sunrise while taking a sip of hot coffee with your partner.
- Popular Attractions: Solang Valley, Gulaba, Jogini Falls, Van Vihar
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Manali
Darjeeling is a picturesque hill station ideal for a romantic vacation. Visit the tea gardens and ride the historic Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Toy Train for a delightful experience. Enjoy the panoramic views of the third-highest peak in the world, Kanchenjunga.
- Popular Attractions: Tiger Hill, Kanchenjunga Peak, Himalayan Railway, Mirik
Q. Where is the most romantic place for Valentine’s?
A. Some of the best places for Valentine’s Day in India are Mussoorie, Dal Lake, Munnar, Ooty, Alleppey, Manali, and Minicoy.
Q. Which is called the Love City in India?
A. Dehradun is famously known as the Love City in India.
Q. What is Feb 14 special day in India?
A. Valentine’s Day is celebrated as a special day on 14 February for romantic couples in India. It is also known as the lovers’ day celebration.
Q. What are some things to do on Valentine’s Day?
A. Some things to enjoy on 14 February Valentine’s Day are a romantic dinner date, planning a vacation, gifts, and a movie date.