Mumbai is known for its glitz and glamour, swanky malls, Bollywood, happening pubs, busy streets, and lively tourist places that grownups love to explore and experience. Wait, did you know that the city is an equally appealing place for kids as well? Whether you are living in Mumbai or visiting the city on a holiday, there’s no reason to exclude your little ones from the travel plan. From amusement parks, national parks, and planetariums to beaches and museums, there are many places to visit and things to do in the Mumbai for kids. Step out of your hotels in Mumbai and start exploring the city with your curious bundles of joy.
Wondering where to start? Fret not! In this blog, we talk about a list of activities and things to do in Mumbai for kids.
1. Enjoy a Day at Adlabs Imagica
What do kids love the most? Fun, fun, and more fun! And Adlabs Imagica, a theme park often referred to as the ‘Disneyland of India’, is where fun and adventure never stops. The park has many entertainment zones and over 40 thrilling rides to keep your kids busy for a whole day while the waterpark is where they can have endless aquatic fun. Some of the key attractions at this theme park include the Gaming Zone, Eyelusion (3D + AR Park), and House of Stars.
Want more fun and adventure? Read our blog on the other popular amusement parks in Mumbai.
- Theme Park: 10:30 am to 08:00 pm; every day
- Theme Park Rides: 11:00 am to 07:00 pm; every day
- Water Park: 10:30 am to 7:00 pm; every day
- Water Park Rides: 11:00 am to 5:30 pm; every day
- Entry Fee:* (Theme Park)
- Weekdays: ₹ 1299 for adults; ₹ 1099 for kids
- Weekends: ₹ 1599 for adults; ₹ 1299 for kids
- Peak Season: ₹ 1899 for adults; ₹ 1499 for kids
- Entry Fee: (Water Park)
- Weekdays: ₹ 899 for adults; ₹ 799 for kids
- Weekends and peak season: ₹ 999 for adults; ₹ 799 for kids
*The park offers combo packages and also has deal days.
2. Show Them the Cosmic Wonders at Nehru Planetarium
Want to take your kids to a place that is fun and educational at the same time? If yes, Nehru Planetarium is your best bet. Named after India’s first prime minister, this is a place where your little ones can learn a lot about the cosmos, planets, and astronomy in general. You can also take your kids to the many programs organized at the planetarium, including quizzes, elocutions, Astro painting, and the like. While you are here, do not forget to attend the audio and video shows that give them a glimpse into the wonders of the universe.
- Timings: 11:00 am to 05:00 pm; closed on Monday and national holidays
- Entry Fee: ₹ 100 per person
Also check couple friendly hotels in Mumbai
3. Take Them on a Safari at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
Learning to appreciate nature is the first way to appreciating life? That’s why, you must take them to Sanjay Gandhi National Park, one of the best places in Mumbai to visit with family. You and your kids can spend a whole day with activities, including lion and tiger safaris, boating, trekking, and cycling around Kanheri Caves. And, don’t forget to hop on the toy train at the park because your kids will love it to the core! This green space tucked away in the busy city also has a Fragrance Garden with over 68 species of aromatic plants.
- Timings: 07:30 am to 6:30 pm; closed on Mondays
- Entry Fee: ₹ 58 for adults; ₹ 31 for kids
- Safari Fee: ₹ 77 for adults; ₹ 31 for kids
Also Read: Places to Visit in Maharashtra
4. Go Gaming at Smaaash Junior
Smaaash Junior is every kid’s dream come true, and why not?! This indoor gaming and entertainment zone is the perfect place for your munchkins to indulge in a variety of activities. The key attractions at Smaaash include bowling, go-carting, rock climbing and arcade games. In order to keep the fun going, the place also has a food court that offers finger-licking food, especially made for them. What more do your little ones need to be happy?
- 01:00 pm to 01:00 am (Sunday to Friday)
- 11:00 am to 01:00 pm (Saturdays)
- Entry Fee:
- Weekdays: ₹ 399 for 60 minutes; ₹ 499 for 90 minutes
- Weekends: ₹ 499 for 60 minutes; ₹ 599 for 90 minutes
5. Enjoy a Snow-filled Day at the Snow World
How about experiencing a snowy day right in the middle of hot and humid Mumbai? Head straight to Snow World, an indoor park located within Phoenix Market City. it offers dozens of winter activities like snow sledding, ice skating, snowboarding and snow dancing. Your little ones will love throwing snow at each other or they can have a fun time making a snowman or other objects. The entry fee includes gloves, jackets, and all other winter gear you need to withstand the cold.
- Timings: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm; every day
- Entry Fee: ₹ 575 for 1 hour
6. Show Them the Evolution of Money at the RBI Monetary Museum
Now that your kids have had their share of fun and adventure, how about doing something informative and unique? The RBI Monetary Museum is a one-of-its-kind museum set up by the Reserve Bank of India, where your kids can see the evolution of money, from the barter system to coins and then to paper. The rich collection of coins (including ones that date back to the 6th century) and other forms of money displayed at the museum will give your kids a glimpse into the vast world of numismatics.
- Timings: 10:45 am to 05:15 pm; closed on Mondays
- Entry Fee: ₹ 10
7. Show Them the Aquatic Wonders at Taraporewala Aquarium
One of the oldest aquariums in the country, Taraporewala Aquarium helps your little ones enjoy a whale of a time exploring the aquatic wonders. It houses over 400 varieties of marine and freshwater fishes and also has an Oceanarium. The Touch Pool allows kids to come really close to aquatic animals like starfish, sea cucumbers, sea urchins and turtles. There is a museum at the aquarium too that displays corals, skeletons, and other exhibits. However, don’t forget to traverse the underwater tunnel, providing a 360 degree view of aquatic creatures. Want to do something fun and relaxing? Head to the Fish Spa and have a great time with your kids.
- Timings: 10:00 am to 08:00 pm; closed on Mondays
- Entry Fee: ₹ 60 for adults; ₹ 30 for kids below 12 years
8. Visit the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya
The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, popularly known by its acronym CSMVS, is counted among the must-visit museums in Mumbai. Established in 1922 and built in the Indo-Saracenic architectural style, it has over 50000 exhibits to keep your curious kids engaged for an entire day. If you have school-going kids, the Indus Valley Civilization artifacts and relics from the period of Mauryas and Guptas will be of great interest to them.
- Timings: 10:15 am to 06:00 pm; closed on public holidays
- Entry Fee: 85 for adults; ₹ 20 for kids
9. Take a Trip to the Elephanta Caves
Now, if you want your kids to have a tryst with history, museums are not the only places to visit. It’s a great idea to take a one day trip to the Elephanta Caves, one of the best known UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the city. You need to take a ferry ride from the Gateway of India to reach Elephanta Island. Once you reach the island, you can take a toy train to the spot or walk around exploring the caves, the choice is yours. The trip to and the sculptures at these rock-cut caves will give your kids an experience to remember.
- Timings: 09:00 am to 05:30 pm; closed on Mondays
- Entry Fee: ₹ 10 per person
10. Have Fun at Juhu Beach
After an entire day of walking and sightseeing, isn’t it time to relax with your kids, munching on some roasted peanuts and making sand castles? Make your way to Juhu Beach and spend an evening there. You can also plan an evening at Chowpatty Beach or the Marine Drive, where you can watch the sunset and also grab some delicious grubs from street vendors.
- Timings: All day
When you have so many places to visit in Mumbai with your kids, why would you let them stare at the TV or mobiles all day? Step out, explore, and don’t forget to have a sumptuous dinner at one of the best restaurants in Mumbai. Sounds like a plan your kids will absolutely love, doesn’t it?