Pune is the perfect blend of present and past. It is blessed with an amazing climate, idyllic locations on the outskirts, and beautiful forts that speak volumes about the glorious history of the Marathas. But, that’s just one side of the coin. Ask Punekars what is it that they like the most about the city, the answer would be its vibrant nightlife. Themed restaurants, microbreweries, and open-air pubs have redefined the night culture of Pune. If you are planning a weekend in Pune, make sure you don’t miss out on the entertainment part. Here’s our guide to things to do in Pune at night.
1. Club Hopping, Pune
Clubbing is the most-obvious and recommended things to do in Pune at night. There’s no shortage of clubs in the city that are open till wee hours. So, put on the dancing shoes, let yourself lose, and head to one of these happening spots. Our few recommendations:
The place looks like an underground garage sheltering and has the biggest dance floor in Pune. It plays host to some of the renowned international DJs. The environment at Mi-a-Mi is electrifying, and cocktails are lip-smacking. The club usually allows couples to the floor, so you must check for stag entry before heading to this classy place.
- Location: JW Marriott, Senapati Bapat Road
- What’s Special: White bed lounge section, fire shots, chicken wings
- Price for Two: ₹ 2500
If your idea of a night out is to chill with friends at a place with pretty interiors and good music, reserve a table at the Penthouze. The club has two hallways. The ceiled top section has beautiful chandeliers and leather seating. The open-air rooftop section has canopy-covered tables and offers a spectacular view of the city.
- Location: Next to Westin Hotel, N Main Rd, Koregaon Park Annexe
- What’s Special: Rooftop location, long island iced tea, biryani
- Price for Two: ₹ 2200
Mix@36 is an ideal pick for after parties, as the place remains open till 3 am. The place has a bar with plush interiors and an open-air lounge overlooking the Mula-Mutha River. The drinks menu is extensive, and the food is scrumptious.
- Location: The Westin, Koregaon Park Annexe, Mundhwa Road,
- What’s Special: Classy interiors, cocktail Rigga Ding Dong
- Price for Two: ₹ 4200
This space-ship like club is among the largest in Maharashtra with over 10,000 square feet area. Perched atop a hillock, it literally offers a 360-degree view of the surroundings and an ambiance that sets the mood for dancing throughout the night.
- Location: Javahar, Taluka – Haveli, Pancard Club Road, Baner Rd, Baner
- What’s Special: Revolving dance floor, live music
- Price for Two: ₹ 1800
2. Checking out Pubs, Pune
When you want to hang-out with friends, the pubs in the city are perfect to make your evenings more memorable. Here are the four places that you must check out in Pune –
Swig Bar & Eatery
One of the most stylish bars of Pune, Swig has a relaxed and fun atmosphere. There’s an outdoor seating space with bare brick walls and a football table. If you want to have a couple of drinks and finger foods, this is the perfect place to unwind.
- Location: Koregaon Park Rd,
- What’s Special: Liquid cocaine, mezze platter
- Price for Two: ₹ 1400
Bar Stock Exchange
Popularly known as BSE, the pub follows the concept of fluctuating prices like the stock market. There are days when you will see unbelievable deals on best of the drinks. So, if binge drinking is on your mind, head to the Bar Stock Exchange.
- Location: Out of The World Building, Meera Nagar, Koregaon Park
- What’s Special: Thai basil chicken, pizza, cocktails, chicken popcorns
- Price for Two: ₹ 1300
Effingut Brewerkz, Koregaon Park
The minute you step inside, the interiors are going to leave you in awe. Try their beer on tap, and you we are sure that you would want to revisit the place. Effingut Brewerkz is famous for its international pub grub menu, homebrewed beers, and theme nights.
- Location: Ashok Chakra Society, Meera Nagar
- What’s Special: Long island iced tea, craft beer, wedges, butter chicken, Sangria
- Price for Two: ₹ 1700
Independence Brewing Company
With palatable starters, freshly brewed beer and relaxing ambiance, this brewpub is the right place to chill with friends late at night. It’s open till 1:30 am and offers an eclectic mix of cuisines, viz. Mexican, Continental, American and North Indian.
- Location: Zero One Complex, Mundhwa
- What’s Special: Live sports screening, Indian Pale Ale beer
- Price for Two: ₹ 2000
3. Attending Gigs, Pune
Many places in Pune showcase live music gigs. If your idea of a perfect evening means sipping your favorite drink and listening to live music, here are the places to visit.
Euriska gets the credit for taking the city’s techno scene to the next level. Popular techno artists such as Matador, Midival Punditz, and Boris Brejcha have performed here in the recent past.
- Location: Mundhwa Road, Next to Koregaon Park Plaza
- What’s Special: Salmon, cocktails, pizza, prawn burger
- Price for Two: ₹ 2500
High Spirits has been a favorite of live music lovers since 2005. They played host to musicians like Ape Echoes, Sau Poler, Parvaaz, The Local Train, to name a few. Though the place is spacious, it could be packed on gig nights.
- Location: 35A/1, North Main Road, Koregaon Park, Next to The Westin
- What’s Special: Mojito, steak sandwich, thin crust pizza, Sangria
- Price for Two: ₹ 1500
1000 Oaks looks like a colonial-era house with a welcoming ambiance. There’s a garden section, bar, indoor and outdoor seating area, and a non-smoking bistro. If you love classic rock and 80s music, this is the right place for you.
- Location: 2417, East Street, Camp
- What’s Special: Long Island iced tea, chicken biryani, chili paneer, stuffed mushroom
- Price for Two: ₹ 1300
4. Eating Out, Pune
If the idea of a perfect night out means ditching that diet and tantalizing your taste buds, you are in the right city. Whether you want to try local dishes or global cuisines, the options are immense. Here are the three most-recommend restaurants in Pune.
Paasha is located on the 24th floor of JW Marriott Hotel. The place is famous for North Indian and Mughlai delicacies. If you want fine-dining experience, Paasha promises good food and memories.
- Location: JW Mariott, Senapati Bapat Road
- What’s Special: Zaffrani murg biryani, kakori kebab, gosht pulao, raan sikandari, taftan, chatpata jhinga
- Price for Two: ₹ 2500
Nisarg is the ultimate destination for seafood lovers. Though everything that they serve is fresh and delicious, we recommend that you try one of their thalis to get more on the platter.
- Location: Nalstop, Karve Road, Opposite Padale Palace, Erandwane
- What’s Special: Crab manchow soup, fish thalis
- Price for two: ₹ 1300
The ultimate place for South Indian food lover, Savya Rasa is perfect for family outings. The restaurant serves vegetarian and non-vegetarian specialties from Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka.
- Location: Gera Serenity Building, Koregaon Park
- What’s Special: Chicken chettinad, filter coffee martini, mutton stew, seafood, neer dosa
- Price for Two: ₹ 2100
5. Camping, Pune
If you are looking for a quick escape, but don’t want to be a part of the crowd, explore camping sites that are on the outskirts of the city.
Velhe (Trek to Torna Fort)
Velhe is a peaceful hamlet, approximately 46 km from Pune. You can trek to the Torna Fort to make the trip more adventurous.
- Activities: Football, handball, cricket, archery, tent pitching, and campfire
- Price: ₹ 2000 – ₹ 3000 per day
Pawna is a scenic location for camping. It is around 64 km from Pune, on the Mumbai-Pune highway. The experience of living in a tent that’s adjoining a lake is something unmatched and worth trying.
- Activities: Barbecue, outdoor games, music nights
- Price: ₹ 1800 – ₹ 3000 per day
Bhor is a fantastic spot near Pune (about 54 km) with lots of adventure activities. The location has also been featured in Bollywood movies like Mangal Pandey and Chalte Chalte.
- Activities: Photography, bonfire, kayaking, skywalk, zorbing, zip-lining, trekking, etc.
- Price: ₹ 2000 – ₹ 5000 per day
If you love to party, Pune is the perfect city to spend your weekend. Book a hotel in Pune that’s close to the most happening places, and you will enjoy your short vacation in the city.