Wondering about the things to do near Pune Airport while you wait for your flight? We’re here to tell you how to do more than just waiting.
Pune is one of the fastest growing business hubs in India and you could be here for work, to visit college campuses or to meet friends and family. Whatever your reason for visiting this charming city, you’re likely to eventually find yourself at the Pune Airport. But before you do that, find yourself a hotel near Pune Airport here.
Now, let’s come on our main topic, things to do at and near Pune Lohegaon Airport to make your long layovers less boring. Apart from gorging on delicious dosas and idlies at one of the oldest food outlets here and relaxing at the on-site spa to reading your favorite book in the lounge area and indulging in some not-so-required shopping at curio shops, there’s more to do in close proximity to the airport. Read ahead to know what all you can do near Pune Airport to pass on that long layover time like a pro:
Things to do near Pune Airport
1. Solve A Mystery
Love solving puzzles, uncorking riddles, team work and a rush of adrenalin? Then Mystery Rooms, a thrilling real-life escape experience, is just the thing for you. Located in Koregaon Park, Mystery Rooms offers you 60 minutes ‘games’ where you have to race against the clock, solve puzzles, locate hints and use logic along with your team to get out of the room. Great option if you’re traveling with family or friends. PS: not for kids under 10…bummer!
- Where: Out of the World Building, Koregaon Park
- Distance from Pune Airport: 5.3 Km
- Cost: Starting from ₹ 600 per person
- Timings: 11.00 am – 11.00 pm
2. Get A SCUBA certification
You did not read that wrong. Unleash that urban explorer in you and dive into Absolute Scuba, a training center in the middle of land-locked Pune. You get theoretical training, a confined water training in a pool (safer without all the sharks!) and open water training at a later date. The course is flexi to the max and you can set your own pace. Works well if you’re a frequent visitor to Pune.
- Where: Divisional Sports Complex, Shastri Nagar, Yerwada
- Distance from Pune Airport: 6.2 Km
- Cost: Starting from ₹ 750
- Timings: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
3. Go To The Malls
One of Pune’s best malls – Phoenix Market City is situated less than 5 km from the airport. Make the most of this happy event and shop till you drop, get a bite, a few drinks and be on your way home all grinning!
- Where: Nagar Road
- Distance from Pune airport: 3 Km
- Cost: As much as you spend!!
- Timings: 11:00 am – 9:30 pm
4. Catch A Movie
At the Cinemax Multiplex. What better way to kill time than to escape to dream world? Located in Inorbit Mall, the multiplex boasts of several screens and convenient show times.
- Where: Park Estique, Nagar Road
- Distance from Pune airport: 3.6 Km
- Cost: Starting from ₹ 350
- Timings: 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
5. Get Yourself A Drink
At Retox, a really cool bar in Viman Nagar. Known for its cocktails and special Retox Fries, this is the place to head to, especially if you’re traveling with a bunch of friends or your significant other. Enjoy live music and entertainment, catch a cricket or football match and bid a happy adieu to Pune.
- Where: Viman Nagar
- Distance from Pune airport: 2.5 Km
- Cost: ₹ 1300 (approx.) for 2 people
- Timings: 3.00 pm – 1.00 am
6. Spa it Out
Relax, rejuvenate and feel like a new person again (you’ll need it after battling Pune’s traffic!) at the Arogya Spa at the Hyatt Regency. Pick from any of the spa’s signature treatments or lose yourself in their excellent whirlpool bath. Don’t forget you’ve got a flight to catch though!
- Where: Weikfield IT Park, Nagar Road
- Distance from Pune Airport: 2.5 Km
- Cost: Starting at ₹ 6,000 + taxes
- Timings: 6.00 am – 10.00 pm