Bangalore, the IT hub of India, is located in the heart of the Mysore Plateau. Thanks to its high elevation, the city enjoys a moderate tropical savannah climate with three seasons – summer, monsoon, and winter. Wondering when is the best time to visit Bangalore? The months from October to February are ideal to book your hotels in Bangalore. That said, you can enjoy a comfortable holiday in Bangalore even during monsoons and summers.
Want to know more about the best season to visit Bangalore and the activities you can plan in each season? Read on.
Bangalore in Summer (March to May)
Compared to most other cities in India, Bangalore enjoys a generally pleasant summer. The season starts in March and extends till May. During this period, the weather remains quite agreeable, mainly because the mercury level does not rise excessively. However, occasional bouts of heat wave can play spoilsport in summer, making the days a tad uncomfortable. Read also – Places to visit in Bangalore
Bangalore also experiences frequent thunderstorms during this period. April and May are the peak months in this season. All factors considered, summers can be called an ideal, if not the best time to visit Bangalore.
- Maximum Temperature: 33 to 34 degree Celsius
- Minimum Temperature: 18 to 21 degree Celsius
Things to Do in Bangalore in Summer
Bangalore is one of the few cities in India where you can enjoy a holiday even during summers. However, it is recommended that you include indoor and night-time attractions in your itinerary to make your summer trip pleasant. Here’s a list:
- Watch the sunrise at Nandi Hills
- Visit the art galleries and museums in Bangalore – Government Museum, Gandhi Bhavan, Kempegowda Museum, National Gallery of Modern Art, etc.
- Experience the nightlife in Bangalore at the best pubs, microbreweries, and nightclubs – High Ultra Lounge, XU, The 13th Floor, Skyye Social, HRC, etc.
- Enjoy shopping, gaming, and movies at the shopping malls in Bangalore – Forum Mall, Orion Mall, Bangalore Central, etc.
- Go on an overnight camping trip to Manchinbele Dam, Kanakapura, etc.
- Take a late-night ghost tour to the haunted places in Bangalore – Terra Vera, Victoria Hospital, Hoskote Route, etc.
- Beat the heat at the snow parks and water parks in Bangalore – Wonderla, Water World, Lumbini Gardens, Snow City, etc.
- Pamper yourself with a spa treatment at Four Seasons, Tranquille, O2, SPA.ce the Spa, etc.
- Visit the hill stations near Bangalore – Yelagiri (160 km), Yercaud (220 km), Coorg (250 km), Ooty (270 km), Wayanad (280 km), etc.
- Celebrate Ugadi or the Kannada New Year (March-April)
- Attend the Mango Mela at Lal Bagh (Around May)
- Enjoy an Iftar meal during the Ramadan season at Shivaji Nagar, Tilak Nagar, Empire Street, Mosque Road, etc. (May – June)
Bangalore in Monsoon (June to September)
June marks the beginning of monsoon in Bangalore and the season lasts till September. The city experiences mild to heavy rainfall with cool winds blowing in. The only minus point of this season is that the humidity level rises due to the heavy rainfall. August and September are the peak monsoon months in Bangalore.
Though Bangalore faces heavy rainfall, it is rarely of a continuous nature and it rains mostly in late afternoons, evenings or at nights. So if you plan your sightseeing, monsoon is one of the best seasons to visit Bangalore.
- Maximum Temperature: 28 to 29 degree Celsius
- Minimum Temperature: 18 to 19 degree Celsius
Things to Do in Bangalore in Monsoon
Apart from sightseeing, monsoon is the time to visit Bangalore to indulge in several other activities. Here’s a list of things to do in Bangalore in monsoons:
- Plan a trip to the monsoon getaways near Bangalore – Nrityagram (30 km), Nandi Hills (60 km), Skandagiri (70 km), Masinagudi (240 km), etc.
- Visit the waterfalls near Bangalore – Thottikallu (30 km), Muthyala Maduvu (40 km), Chunchi (90 km), Hogenakkal (130 km), Shivasamudra (130 km), etc.
- Pamper the bibliophile in you at the Blossom Book House or Bookworm
- Enjoy the rains sipping hot coffee or tea at the out-of-the-box cafés in Bangalore – Rasta, Atta Galata, TherPup, Art Blend Café, Claytopia, etc.
- Plan a trip to the coffee plantations in Chikmagalur (250 km) or Coorg (260 km)
- Indulge the foodie in you at the best restaurants in Bangalore – Barbeque Nation, BonSouth, Nagarjuna, Onesta, Koshy’s, Vidyarthi Bhavan, etc.
- Take part in Ganesh Chaturthi festivities (September-October)
Bangalore in Winter (October to February)
October ushers in the winter season in the city and it continues till the end of February. The temperature and humidity take a dip during this period. As such, the days are pleasant in winter but the nights can turn somewhat chilly. December and January are the coldest months in Bangalore.
Needless to say, winter is the best season to visit Bangalore and enjoy all types of outdoor activities, sightseeing, and cultural fiesta.
- Maximum Temperature: 26 to 30 degree Celsius
- Minimum Temperature: 14 to 18 degree Celsius
Things to Do in Bangalore in Winter
Being the best season to visit Bangalore, winters bring a lot of opportunities for travelers to make the most of their trip to the city. Our suggestions include:
- Go for a wildlife safari at Bannerghatta National Park
- Take a vineyard tour – Grover Vineyards, Heritage Winery, etc.
- Explore the forts, palaces, and other historical places in Bangalore – Bangalore Fort, Tipu Sultan’s Fort and Palace, Bangalore Palace, Mayo Hall, Devanahalli Fort, etc.
- Go for street shopping in Bangalore at Brigade Road, MG Road, Commercial Street, Jayanagar 4th Block, etc.
- Spend an evening at the parks and lakes in Bangalore – Ulsoor Lake, Lal Bagh Lake, Hebbal Lake, Cubbon Park, etc.
- Enjoy a race at Bangalore Turf Club
- Take a trip to Mysore during Dussehra (October-November)
- Enjoy a trip to the best trekking places near Bangalore – Savandurga Hills (50 km), Ramanagara (55 km), Channarayana Durga (100 km), etc.
- Celebrate Diwali (October-November)
- Attend cultural festivals like:
- Groundnut Festival aka Kadalakaye Parishe (November)
- Bangalore Literature Festival (November)
- Annual Cake Show (December)
- Chitra Santhe (January), Averekai Mela (January)
- Lal Bagh Flower Show (January)
Don’t you know everything now about the seasons, climatic conditions, cultural festivals, and things to do in Bangalore across the year? So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and plan an exciting trip to the Garden City of India.
Recommended Hotels in Bangalore:
Use Coupon Code "FABSTAR", Get 30% Discount!