A blooming commercial hub dotted with skyscrapers, Gurgaon is notorious for its maddening crowds and even more maddening traffic. That’s probably why you never thought of this city as one that deserves a place in your travel list. Wait, what if we present a different case altogether? What if we told you that Gurgaon also offers a wide range of attractions that score high on the fun and entertainment quotient? Also, there are many budget hotels in Gurgaon where you can stay during your trip.
Don’t believe us? Read on. In this blog, we give you a list of things to in Gurgaon, each of which will give you memories to cherish for a lifetime.
1. Watch a Live Show at the Kingdom of Dreams (KOD)
The Kingdom of Dreams (KOD), the first live entertainment and theater destination in the country, is where you can enjoy an ultimate package of live shows, musicals, food, crafts, culture, and more. Some of the key attractions at KOD include Jhumroo and Zangoora, two Bollywood-style shows. You should also not miss out Nautanki Mahal and Showshaa Theater, and the amazing culture boulevard at the Culture Gully. Also, you can tantalize your taste buds with lip-smacking food from the themed restaurants here. No wonder, KOD is counted among the best places to visit in Gurgaon for a memorable time.
- Location: Sector 29
- Tickets: ₹ 600 onwards
- Timings: 12:00 am to 12:00 pm; every day
2. Visit the Neverenuf Garden Railway
Neverenuf is a railway-themed garden, featuring trains, but with a surprising twist! Everything here is scaled to 1:22:5, giving you a miniature wonderland experience that must have been your childhood fantasy. Unleash your inner child and indulge in the fun activities of this garden that include operating miniature trains, cars or boats, interactive stations by remote, painting easels and board games. If you are looking for things to do in Gurgaon alone or with your family or friends, Neverenuf perfectly fits the bill.
- Location: Village Para
- Tickets: ₹ 550
- Timings: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm (weekdays)
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm (weekends)
3. Celebrate Photography at the Vintage Camera Museum
Ever wondered how cameras evolved from their very first form to the compact digital ones we see and use today? Find answers at the Vintage Camera Museum in Gurgaon where you can learn a thing or two about the history of cameras. With a collection of over 2000 pieces that include cameras, miscellaneous equipment, and photographic paraphernalia dating way back from 1800 to 1900, and over 20000 silver prints chronicling India’s freedom movement, the place serves as a treasure trove for history buffs and shutterbugs.
- Location: DLF Phase 3
- Entry fee: ₹ 300 per person
- Timings: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm; closed on Saturdays
4. Learn about the Indian Transport History at Heritage Transport Museum
The Heritage Transport Museum, with its unique collection of exhibits pertaining to all kinds of automobiles, is one of the must-visit museums in Gurgaon. From palanquins to trams, two-wheelers to four-wheelers, and maritime to aviation vehicles, all modes of transportation are displayed here. If you are visiting Gurgaon with your kids, do not miss visiting this museum that showcases the history of transportation in India.
- Location: Bilaspur-Tauru Road
- Entry fee:
Adults – ₹ 400
Children (under 12 years) – ₹ 200
- Timings: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm; closed on Mondays
5. Experience the Tribal Culture at the Museum of Folk and Tribal Art
Visit this museum and get amazed with the wide variety of unique artifacts and handicrafts from different tribal communities of India. Some of the major exhibits of the museum include 200 Shiva heads from Karnataka, clay pottery, exquisite silver ornaments, Madhubani paintings from Mithila, rare embroidered textiles from Himachal Pradesh, and Kantha embroidery from Bengal.
- Location: Sector 4
- Entry fee: Free
- Timings: 10:00 am to 5:30 pm; every day
6. Take a Stroll at Tau Devi Lal Bio Diversity Park
Tau Devi Lal Bio Diversity Park is a great place to spend some tranquil moments, away from the hum-drum of the city. With well-paved walking and jogging trails, this 2-acre public park is an ideal place for fitness enthusiasts. Also, the green lawns and well-trimmed trees give you the much-needed space in this busy city to unwind and revitalize yourself.
- Location: Sector 52A
- Timings: 5:00 am to 8:00 pm; every day
7. Unwind at Damdama Lake
Spending some quality time with your family, special someone or friends at Damdama Lake is one of the best things to do in Gurgaon on weekends. You can sit on the banks of the lake doing nothing but enjoying the beauty. Adventure seekers can opt for activities, such as hot air ballooning, boating, rock climbing and rappelling. Birdwatchers are sure to have a great time here as the lake is home to over 90 species of birds.
- Location: Off Sohna Road
- Timings: 9:00 am to 06:30 pm; every day
Note: Activities are chargeable
8. Go Birding at Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
With over 250 odd species of avifauna, Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary is a popular spot among the birdwatchers and nature-enthusiasts visiting Gurgaon. Red-collared doves, Siberian cranes, common hoopoes, flamingos, black-headed ibis, gray francolins, spot-billed ducks, and northern pintail are some of the resident and migratory birds you can spot here. You can also go for nature walks and safaris at the park, and take some Instagram-worthy pictures.
- Location: Gurgaon Farukh Nagar Road
- Timings: 06:30 am to 06:00 pm (summer); 06:30 am to 04:30 (winter)
- Entry fee*: ₹ 5 per person
*Extra charges for photography and videography
- Best time to visit: December to March
9. Go for a Picnic at Leisure Valley Park
Picnics are a great way to bond with your family and friends; and while in Gurgaon, you have the perfect spot for that – Leisure Valley. The park has neatly landscaped gardens, walking tracks paved with pebbles, mesmerizing musical fountains, a play area for kids, and a rose garden with over 50 types of roses. And guess what? You don’t have to spend a penny to enjoy all these as the entry is free!
- Location: Sector 29
- Entry fee: Free
- Timings: 05:00 am to 10:00 pm; every day
10. Spend a Day at Aravalli Biodiversity Park
Spread over 153 hectares, Aravalli Biodiversity Park is home to an extensive variety of rare and endangered species of flora and fauna. You can walk on the nature trail that leads to the conservatory of herbal plants, where you can learn a thing or two about medicinal plants and their uses. You can also do some birding here as more than 175 species of birds call this park their home.
- Location: Near Guru Dronacharya Metro Station
- Entry fee: Free
- Timings: 07:00 am to 06:30 pm (summer); 08:00 am to 05:30 pm (winter)
11. Take an Adventurous Trip to Camp Tikkling
Touted as one of the best camping sites in Gurgaon, Camp Tikkling is where you can experience fun and thrill in natural surroundings. With a gamut of fun activities, including obstacle courses, parachuting, rappelling, pottery, artificial rock climbing, tractor riding, and camel carting, the place keeps you engaged for hours. You can also shake a leg at their rain discotheque or eat to your heart’s content at the multi-cuisine kitchen. Remember, the place allows only group bookings, so go there with your crazy gang of friends.
- Location: Sohna Road
- Entry fee: ₹ 990 per person
- Timings: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm; every day
12. Go for an Air Safari
Want to fly high like a bird, explore the sky, slip past those fluffy white clouds, and cherish your childhood dream? Make your way to Flyboy Aero Park in Gurgaon where you can go for a thrilling air safari. You will be flying in the company of a trained pilot, so all you have to do is relax and enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the city.
- Location: Flyboy Aero Park
- Charges*: Starting from ₹ 1599
*Charges vary based on the type an duration of the flight
Looking for some fun things to do in Gurgaon that boost your adrenaline levels and pump-up your heart rate? Then indulge yourself in a session of go-karting. Whether you are an experienced racer or a rookie, we assure you that this is going to be a thrilling experience. There are various packages you can choose from, based on your expertise and racing skills. So, tame your fears, wear the safety gear, and bolt off.
- Location: Sector 17-18 Link Road
- Charges*: Starting from ₹ 296
*Charges vary based on the number and duration of laps
14. Have a Fun-Filled Day at Botanix Nature Resort
Situated near Damdama Lake, this beautiful resort is a popular hide-out of city-dwellers to get away from the drudgery of their busy lives. Inhale the fresh, pollution-free air, de-stress yourself, communicate with nature, and admire its wonders. Experience the traditional village life here with mud houses, tents, and authentic dishes. You can also enjoy various games and activities, such as camel riding, bullock cart riding, tug of war and musical chair.
- Location: Damdama Village
- Cost: Varies based on packages
15. Ice skating at iSkate
How about enjoying a cool session of ice skating? Wait before you raise your eyebrows because ice skating is indeed one of the fun activities to do in Gurgaon. Spread over an area of 15000 sq. feet. iSkate is India’s first indoor ice rink. With state-of-the-art light and sound technology, a private karaoke room, and an in-house café that offers delicious snacks and beverages, the place promises unlimited fun to people of all ages.
- Location: Ambience Mall
- Timings: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm; every day
Monday to Friday – ₹ 499
Saturdays and Sundays – ₹ 699
16. Claim Your Share of Fun at Smaaash
A VR gaming center with arcade games, interactive games, simulations, and other fun activities, Smaaash caters to kids and adults alike. Head-mounted display games, such as Finger Coaster, Walk the Plank, and twilight bowling zone, motor racing and bike racing simulators, and go-Karting are some of the crowd pullers here. Mark a perfect ending to your eventful day by indulging in some delicious food from the in-house café at Smaaash.
- Location: Ambience Mall
- Timings: 11:00 pm to 11:00 pm; every day
- Tickets: Ranges between ₹ 99 to ₹ 1875
17. Indulge in a Game of Paintballing
Are you searching for some fun and thrilling activities to do in Gurgaon? Search no more because a session of paintballing with your pals will offer pure fun and great memories. All you need to do is head to The Paintball Co., one of the top paintballing destinations in the city and let the fun unfold.
- Location: The Paintball Co., Sector 31
- Timings: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm; every day
- Charges: ₹ 175 onwards
18. Go Swooshing and Swooping at Wet N Wild
With five swimming pools and highly entertaining water rides, Wet N Wild has become everyone’s first choice for some aquatic fun in Gurgaon. Tornado, Pendulum, Lazy River Ride, etc. are some of the popular rides at this park. While here, you can rain dance in the discotheque, laze around at the pool or devour some delectable food from the restaurants. No matter what you do, you will be guaranteed a good time.
- Location: National Highway 8, Sector 78
- Timings: 10:00 am to 06:00 pm; every day
Adult – ₹ 500
Kids – ₹ 400
19. Get Your Dose of Weekend Frolic at Fun N Food Village
Counted among the top water parks in Gurgaon, Fun and Food Village has the ultimate package of entertainment for all. Some of the major attractions at the park include Tora Tora, Eagle Ride, Polo Trooper, and Rock n Roll. In addition to these rides and slides, the park also features a snow park, rain dance floor, lazy river, and many food zones where you can refill your engine.
- Location: Old Delhi-Gurgaon Road
- Timings: 10:00 am to 06:00 pm; everyday
- Tickets: ₹ 1000 (adults); ₹ 300 (kids)
20. Visit Lohagarh Farms
A short drive away from Gurgaon, the Lohagarh Farms is an ideal place to escape from your busy schedules. Set amidst the Aravalli Ranges, this recreation hub is where you can indulge in fun games like air gun, kabaddi, tug of war, and sack race, and try your hands at activities like pottery, camel or bullock cart ride, and rope games. You can even tickle your taste buds with great food. Sounds like a perfect plan for this weekend, right?
- Location: Gairatpur Baas
- Distance from Gurgaon: 20 km (approx.)
21. Play Escape Games with Your Friends
Escape games are a unique gaming concept that is rising in popularity these days. In these games, you will be locked in a room and given 60 minutes to solve puzzles, find hints, and scram out. Interesting, right? So come and channel your inner Sherlock at the best escape game centers in Gurgaon:
- Location: Dakshin Marg, DLF Phase 2
- Cost: ₹ 900 per person onwards
- Location: Sector 29
- Cost: ₹ 600 per person onwards
22. Explore Gurgaon’s Famous Food Trucks
Looking for a unique experience on your trip to the city? Take a flavorsome ride with the sensational food trucks in Gurgaon. Serving delicious and pocket-friendly food, these restaurants on wheels will cater your taste buds like never before. Here are our picks:
- Waffle Chowk (Leisure Valley Parking Lot)
- Super Sucker (Leisure Valley Road)
- Eggjactly (Sector 50, Gurgaon or DLF Cyber City)
- Bhai Jaan Food Truck (Parking Gate 2, Leisure Valley Road)
23. Shop Till You Drop
That too, right on the streets of Gurgaon! Now that you have indulged in fun, adventure, and gastronomic pleasures, it’s time to treat yourself to some retail therap. Here are the best street shopping places in Gurgaon, where you will find everything from clothing, junk jewelry, and toys to cosmetics and electronics items.
- Galleria Market (DLF Phase 4)
- Arjun Marg Market (DLF Phase 1)
- Sadar Bazar (Sector 12A)
- HUDA Market (Sector 14)
24. Play Golf at Qutab Golf Course
Rekindle the golfer in you or hone a new skill at the Qutab Golf Course. Maintained by the Delhi Development Authority, it is the first public golf course in India. It was started with the vision of making golf accessible to everyone, which otherwise is too pricey and available only to the members of prestigious golf clubs.
- Location: Saket
- Charges: ₹ 300 (weekdays); ₹ 600 (weekends)
Summers: 05:30 am to 07:00 pm
Winters: 7:00 am to 05:00 pm
25. Go Pub Hopping
When you run out of options to celebrate this weekend, grab some of your best buddies, hop-in at a pub, and have a blast. Gulp your favorite beer, find your groove on the dance floor, and let go off all your worries. And, it works like magic. Our suggestions include:
- Vapour Bar Exchange (Sector 29)
- Social (Cyber Hub)
- Manhattan Brewery & Bar Exchange (Golf Course Road)
- Hard Rock Café (Cyber Hub)
- Prankster (Sector 29)
- Imperfecto (Cyber Hub)
- Striker Skybar (Golf Course Road)
26. Savor Art at Vimla Art Gallery
An art gallery-cum-training center, started to honor the artworks of unsung artists and encourage new and budding artists, Vimla Art Gallery is a place for art lovers. The gallery houses the paintings of artists belonging to different genres, so make sure you visit this place at least once to appreciate art and honor these artists.
- Location: Sector 46
- Timings: 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm; closed on Sundays
- Entry fee: No entry fee
27. Watch a Show at the Cyber Hub Amphitheater
The amphitheater at Cyber Hub hosts live performances, band music shows, rock concerts, art and cultural shows, and celebrity performances. Check if there any shows at the time of your visit and spend a night here enjoying the cultural fiesta. And the best part? The entry to the theatre is free!
- Location: Cyber Hub
- Timings: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
28. Visit the Oxygen Chamber for Some Fresh Air
With high levels of pollutants, breathing good quality air has become a faraway dream for city dwellers. That’s why, you should visit Oxygen Chamber, a 13000 sq. feet zone right at the heart of the city, with hundreds of air-purifying plants. You can even shop for such plants and take them home.
- Address: Near HUDA City Centre Metro Station, Sector 29
- Timings: 10.00 am to 8.00 pm; every day
- Entry Fee: Free
29. Stimulate Your Taste Buds at a Restaurant
While you are in Gurgaon, you can (and you should) certainly go for a session of gastronomic indulgence. With a range of classy restaurants in Gurgaon, a scrumptious meal that satiates your palate may not seem so tough now. Our recommendations include:
Prego (Sector 29)
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 12:00 am; every day
- What to try: Lasagna, Tiramisu Penne Pasta, and Roast Lamb Rack
- Average cost for two: ₹ 4000
21 Gun Salute (Sector 29)
- Timings: 11:30 am to 11:30 pm
- What to try: Tomato Shorba, Chilli Chicken, Korma, Garlic Kheer, Murgh Kalimirch
- Average cost for two: ₹ 2000
Jungle Jamboree (Sector 29)
- Timings: 11:45 am to 11:30 pm; every day
- What to try: Malai Chicken Tikka, Rara Ghost, Kiwi Mousse, Spicy Chicken Dimsums, and Paan Ice Cream
- Average cost for two: ₹ 1200
Burma Burma (Cyber City)
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 03:00 pm, 07:00 pm to 11:00 pm; every day
- What to try: Kaffir Lime Cooler, Tohu Mash with Malabar Parantha, and Samosa Soup
- Average cost for two: ₹ 1500
Cilantro (Udyog Vihar)
- Timings: 06:30 am to 01:00 am; every day
- What to try: Chicken Saltimbocca, Mezze Platter, Slow Roast Tomato Soup, and Grilled Cuban Sandwich
- Average cost for two: ₹ 1500
30. Enjoy a Day of Fun, Food, and Entertainment at Ambience Mall
With a total of 6 floors and 3 basement levels, the magnificent Ambience Mall is a shopper’s paradise. This mall has outlets of many international and local brands, so you can shop to your heart’s content here. When you feel tired after the shopping spree, go grab a bite at the food courts and eateries within. And, before calling it a day, don’t forget to catch the latest release at the PVR multiplex.
- Location: NH 48
- Timings: 10:00 am to 11:00 pm; every day
Amazed at how much you can do and explore in Gurgaon? Well, the list is not complete as there’s a lot more to do and experience in the city. Go on and explore the city at your pace, absorbing each experience and every moment.
Recommended Hotels in Gurgaon:
Use Coupon Code "FABSTAR", Get 30% Discount!