Mumbai is one of the top entertainment destinations in the country; being the centre for popular art, theatre, music, and dance. From enjoying thrilling rides at the Essel World to getting all filmy at the Film City, there are a whole lot of places in Mumbai to visit for a fun-filled day. No matter whether you are solo or with a company, it will be a tour worth embarking upon. Book hotels in Mumbai
Top Places to visit in Mumbai for fun:
|Hakone Entertainment Centre||Powai|
|Film City||Goregaon East|
|Sanjay Gandhi National Park||Borivali East|
|Kala Godha Art Precinct||Regal Circle|
|Jijamata Udyan Zoo||Byculla East|
|Smaaash||Lower Parel West|
|Canvas Laugh Club||Lower Parel|
1. Essel World, Gorai
While planning a day to visit places in Mumbai for fun, Essel World is a perfect spot to be at. It is among the most popular amusement parks in Asia. Essel World comprises of a heart-stirring haunted house and an exciting water park. One must try its scariest ride, “Monster in the mist”, for a thrilling experience. There is a skating rink where temperature goes down to 4 degrees Celsius. Its bowling alley has its own restaurant serving delicious Indian cuisine. Furthermore, the place has a dance floor for people who enjoy grooving to upbeat music.
- Location: Gorai
- Entry Fee: Adults – INR 1299 (EsselWorld + Water Kingdom)
Children – INR 899 (EsselWorld + Water Kingdom)
Senior Citizens – INR 599 (EsselWorld + Water Kingdom)
- Timings: 10 AM to 7 PM
2. Hakone Entertainment Centre, Powai
Hakone is an entertainment center situated in Hiranandani Gardens, which offers a fusion of entertainment, sports, and adventure to all the visitors. One can express their love for racing on the Go Karting track of Hakone, and have an amazing experience while feeling like an F1 racer. So, challenge your friends and see who comes out as a winner. Also, there are a plethora of fun-filled activities to do, including rock climbing, zorbing, paintball and much more. It is an ideal place to have fun with your adventurous gang of friends.
- Location: Hiranandani Gardens, Powai
- Cost: Starting INR 100 (varies from activity to activity)
- Timings: 2:30 PM to 9:00 PM (Open all days of the week)
3. Film City, Goregaon East
Being in Mumbai, Bollywood can’t be left out. The film city is amongst the most fun places to visit in Mumbai where one can re-live the historical aura on the sets of ‘Bajirao Mastani’ on one hand and humor of comedy of ‘Singh is Bling’ on the other. The aura of the sets is such that it is difficult to distinguish between reality and fantasy. The best possible way to explore the Film City is through varied tours and excursions which are readily available.
- Location: Goregaon East
- Cost: INR 599 – INR 1699
- Timings: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Open all days of the week)
- Trivia: Film City was the dream project of the famous Indian director, screenwriter, and producer, Dadasaheb Phalke.
4. Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East
The rich flora of the park attracts approximately 2 million visitors each year from different geographical corners. Cool breezy air and natural wildlife environment, isn’t this a perfect blend to go for cycling tours?! You can also enjoy the wilderness by taking a safari. For children, there are fun activities like boating and toy train ride. Visit the Kanheri Caves situated within the park to explore the centuries-old rock-cut cave monuments.
- Location: Borivali East
- Entry Fee: INR 50 (Adults); INR 25 (Children)
- Timings: 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM (closed on Mondays)
- Trivia: The park covers approximately 34 sq. km area of the northern suburbs of Mumbai.
Also check couple friendly hotels in Mumbai
5. Kala Godha Art Precinct, Regal Circle
For culture and art enthusiasts, Kala Ghoda Art Precinct is a perfect place to visit, stretching from Regal Circle at the southern end of MG Road till Mumbai University. It is home to several art galleries, museums and cultural institutes where you can spend hours appreciating some unique work. It is also the venue of the 9-day namesake festival regulated by Kala Ghoda Association. While here, you can buy some ancient and modern art pieces from the gallery where budding artists showcase their work.
- Location: Regal Circle
- Timings: Open all days of the week
- Trivia: Kala Godha Art Precinct was named after King Edward VII’s statue.
6. Jijamata Udyan Zoo, Byculla East
Zoo is one of the most favorite places amongst children and Jijamata Udyan is definitely worth a visit for a family outing. Previously known as Ranichi Bagh, the Queen’s Garden, the zoo includes a tactical and medicinal garden for visually impaired people. Kids would be excited to see various wild animals including lion, tiger, elephants, crocodiles and many more. Recently, it has opened a penguin compound where you can admire their adorable antics.
- Location: Byculla East
- Entry Fee: INR 100 (Adults), INR 25 (Children)
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Open all days of the week)
7. Smaaash, Lower Parel West
Smaaash at Mumbai is a one-stop entertainment center offering recreational activities like sports, dining, and music. A paradise for sports enthusiasts, the place hosts an exciting blend of virtual and real experiences of activities like Smaaash Cricket, X2 Moto Racing, and Hoopla Zone. It has an in-house restaurant, Bazinga Sports Café, where you can savor multi-cuisine delicacies while enjoying a cricket match screening. Additionally, you can also participate in the tournaments conducted by Smaaash or enjoy serenity at their spa.
- Location: Lower Parel West
- Cost: INR 250-2500 for individual games
- Timings: 1 PM – 1 AM (Weekdays); 11 AM -1 AM (Weekends)
- Trivia: Smaaash offers a unique 9D theatre movie experience
8. Canvas Laugh Club, Lower Parel
Popularly known as comedy’s unofficial national theatre, Canvas Laugh Club is India’s first biggest stage for live comedy. The place has created a huge trend by encouraging budding comedians to showcase their talent through Open Mic sessions. It is an ideal place to experience a hilarious comedy session and theatre performance featuring a wide range of well-curated topics.
- Location: Lower Parel
- Entry Fee: Varies with different events
- Timings: 12 PM – 12 AM
- Trivia: CLC is the ubiquitous comedy company of India with more than 90% control over the genre.
When there are so many places to visit in Mumbai for fun, then why not explore? So, get ready to embark upon some of the amazing places for a fun-filled day in Mumbai with your loved ones.
Recommended Hotels in Mumbai:
Use Coupon Code "FABSTAR", Get 30% Discount!
FabHotel Ascot International II
Mumbai International Airport Mumbai