Ahmedabad, one of the most important economic and industrial hubs of India, is a haven for foodies, especially vegetarians. In fact, it is frequently misperceived to be a vegetarian city, but it is definitely true. Non-vegetarian dishes are available in every nook and corner of the city. From the popular Khakhra, Dhokla, Thepla and Farsan to Italian and Mexican cuisines, Gujaratis take their food quite seriously. Here are some of the best restaurants in Ahmedabad to satiate your hunger pangs:
Restaurants in Ahmedabad (List):
|Gordhan Thal||Gordhan Thali|
|Agashiye||The House Of MG, Lal Darwaja|
|Cafe De Italiano||Samartheshwar Road, CG Road|
|650 – The Global Kitchen||Rajiv Nagar, Ayojan Nagar|
|Tomato’s||Chimanlal Girdharlal Road, Navrangpura|
|Earthen Oven||Usmanpura, Ashram Road|
|Pleasure Trove||Ashram Road|
|Silver Leaf Bistro||Acropolis Mall, Thaltej|
|TandoorworkZ||Dev Complex, Ellis Bridge|
1. Rajwadu, Ahmedabad
Rajwadu is one of the most unique restaurants in Ahmedabad owing its décor, which will floor you as soon as you set foot inside the premises. Boasting a village theme, this restaurant packs a punch. Rajwadu is a work of art with has water bodies and gardens inside, constituting a serene environment to welcome you. And that’s not it! The courtyard features folk musicians on a regular basis, and their performance is sure to make any evening magical. These unique elements add up to provide you with an ambience that is hard to find anywhere else in Ahmedabad.
If you want to keep it light, you can have snacks or mini meals at the in-house café, called Madhurya. However, the charm lies in the authentic Gujarati food, which is served on leaves or in earthen vessels. Sit cross-legged while relishing your food, and go back to the basics of simple eating. You can opt for Baradaris as well, which has a lower seating arrangement, and where food is offered in bronze thalis.
- Must try: Sahi Vada, Khichda and Chaanch
- Location: Malay Talav, Vejalpur
- Timings: 7 PM to 11 PM
- Price for two: ₹ 1300
2. Dakshinayan, Ahmedabad
If you’re craving South Indian cuisine, Dakshinayan should be your first stop. You will be surprised by the wide range of menu options, especially the delicious chutneys, which are served with dosas and idlis. Go for combo meals if you want to try out a number of dishes at the same time. It’s totally worth a try. In the end, make sure to taste the authentic filter coffee. The sevai will surely leave you delighted. This is one of the few restaurants in Ahmedabad that serve authentic South Indian dishes at a pocket-friendly price. visit also nightlife in Ahmedabad
- Must try: Puli Sevai, Chettinad Maligu Dosai, Dakshinayan Sapadu
- Location: ABC- 2, Navrangpura
- Timings: 11 AM to 11 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 600
3. Gordhan Thal, Ahmedabad
If you have a large appetite and want to savour unlimited Gujarati food, Gordhan Thal has got you covered. Seasonal specialities in their thali include salads, papads, three types of snacks, four vegetable dishes, a Rajasthani or Gujarati daal and kadhi, rice, roti, baati, two types of Indian desserts, buttermilk, garlic chutney and pickles. Sweet dishes are also among their specialities.
Khichdi and bhakri are also available to be added to the thali. This entire meal is at a cost which might make you order another even if you can’t eat any more. There are meal boxes available for groups as well. Make sure you go with an empty stomach to relish this food extravaganza. This is undoubtedly one of the most unique restaurants in Ahmedabad.
- Must try: Gordhan Thali
- Location: Shapath Complex, Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Satellite
- Timings: 11 AM to 3 PM | 7 PM to 10:30 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 600
4. Agashiye, Ahmedabad
Synonymous with fine dining and the best of Gujarati cuisine, this heritage mansion from the 1920s, with its Indo-Baroque rooftop, is one of the best restaurants in Ahmedabad. If you like to binge, then you have to come here as it offers unlimited food and different menu every day of the week. Plus, the attentive and polite staff won’t let your plate be empty for a moment. The House of MG (as it’s also known) is quite popular with tourists and locals alike.
- Must try: Gujarati Thali, Kadhi, Shrikhand, Anjeer Ice Cream
- Location: The House Of MG, Lal Darwaja
- Timings: 12 PM to 3:30 PM | 7 PM to 11 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 1900
5. Cafe De Italiano, Ahmedabad
When the sweet tooth craving strikes, Cafe De Italiano is the place to visit. Popular for their Freaky Shakes, pastas and coffee, it’s a popular hangout for youngsters and adults alike. The menu has refreshing drinks like mojito slush and iced tea, and for quick bites, you can have hakka noodles, wraps and fries, all at pocket-friendly prices!
- Must try: Freaky Shakes, Waffles, Pesto Pasta, Chocolate Monster
- Location: Arista, Sindhu Bhavan Road, Bodakdev | Samartheshwar Road, CG Road
- Timings: 11 AM to 12 AM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 750
6. 650 – The Global Kitchen, Ahmedabad
650-The Global Kitchen has a big gate, which opens up to a wooden pathway, winding through green gardens before leading up to the restaurant. The view outside the large windows of this restaurant is as good as its food. Starting from tofus to ultra-thin pizzas, you will get a host of delicacies to choose from at this place.
Ornate stonework on the walls accompanied by subtle lighting results in a refined and relaxed ambience. They have a long list of Jain-friendly items, which are prepared without the use of onion or garlic, making this one of the best multi-cuisine vegetarian restaurants in town. Once you are here, you must try their signature soup potage, which comes with blended vegetables.
- Must try: Potage, Hungarian Croquettes, Charcoaled Grilled Mushrooms, Tofu Mapo
- Location: Shreekunj Mandapam, Rajiv Nagar, Ayojan Nagar
- Timings: 12 Noon to 2:45 PM | 7 PM to 10:45 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 900
Best Non-vegetarian Restaurants in Ahmedabad
7. Tomato’s, Ahmedabad
If you are a fan of vintage music and love Rock ‘n’ Roll, this is the right place for you. This 1950s American-themed restaurant showcases the best of the era, not only in cuisine but also in its decor. Posters of Elvis, a bubble gum machine, Cadillac license plates and floor-mounted counter stools at the mocktail bar bring out the true essence of the West. This theme is translated into the menu with Items like lemon pepper chicken breast and crumb-fried chicken.
Tomato’s is also popular for cuisines other than American, as the menu showcases Mediterranean, Chinese, North Indian and Mexican dishes. Yes, that’s a long menu, and each dish is worth a try. You have a range of puddings and cakes as dessert options. Their platters can be split between 3 to 4 diners, making Tomato’s a perfect choice for family restaurants in Ahmedabad for dinner.
- Must try: Baked Lasagne, Mexican Hot Pot, Chicken San Diego, Tandoori Khazana
- Location: Maradia Plaza, Chimanlal Girdharlal Road, Navrangpura
- Timings: 12 PM to 2:45 PM | 7 PM to 10:45 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 1400
8. Earthen Oven, Ahmedabad
Earthen Oven offers the best North Indian and North West Frontier cuisine in Ahmedabad. It’s located on the top floor of a hotel, and the view of city lights overlooking Sabarmati River makes it an ideal place to go for a romantic dinner. Earthen Oven is also considered to be one of the best Punjabi restaurants in Ahmedabad; don’t forget to try the Dahi Kebab with Sikandari Raan and Dal Makhani.
- Must try: Dal Makhani, Biryani, Ajwain Paneer Tikka, Chicken Shorba, Kulfi, Paneer Khurchan
- Location: Fortune Landmark, Usmanpura, Ashram Road
- Timings: 12:30 PM to 2:45 PM | 7:30 PM to 11:45 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 1600
9. Pleasure Trove, Ahmedabad
Serving one of the best non-vegetarian platters in Ahmedabad, Pleasure Trove stands out as the perfect place for you to take your loved ones out for dinner. It offers a plethora of non-vegetarian options and serves both à la carte and buffet-style meals. The romantic ambience makes this restaurant an apt choice for dinner dates.
- Must try: Pahadi Murg Tikka, Dragon Fish, Mutton Vindaloo
- Location: Nehru Bridge Corner, Ashram Road
- Timings: 12 Noon to 2:30 PM | 7 PM to 10:30 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 1000
10. Silver Leaf Bistro, Ahmedabad
This restaurant is also one of the few to stay open way past midnight. Serving Mexican, Parsi, North Indian and Continental cuisines, Silver Leaf Bistro has a la carte as well as a buffet. The sizzlers here are mouth-watering and are one of the most popular items on the menu. Lip-smacking food and live music in the background will make you cherish your meal even more.
- Must try: Gilafi Seekh Kebab, Chicken Kathi Roll, Rag Da Gosht
- Location: Acropolis Mall, SG Highway, Thaltej
- Timings: 11 AM to 1 AM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 1000
11. TandoorworkZ, Ahmedabad
Serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian North Indian dishes, this restaurant is known for its kebabs, lip-smacking curries and desserts. As the name suggests, tandoori items are their speciality. TandoorworkZ is undoubtedly one of the best Punjabi restaurants in Ahmedabad, which even you will say after you have dined here.
- Must try: Mutton Seekh Kabab, Boneless Biryani, Mixed Paratha
- Location: Dev Complex, Ellis Bridge
- Timings: 8:30 AM to 11 PM
- Price for two (approximate): ₹ 1,100
So, now you know Ahmedabad has a wide range of delectable cuisines to experience, right from simple vegetarian meals to extensive menus with non-vegetarian items. Check out these places to be delighted by Ahmedabad’s culinary offerings. And, if any of these is near your hotel in Ahmedabad and even if it’s not, visit it.