…Add Some Spice to Your Beach Holidays at These Best Restaurants in Goa
The land of sun, sand, and shindigs, Goa boasts of its vibrant culture, pristine beaches, and warm hospitality. And the Party Capital of India has a lot to offer you in terms of wining and dining as well. The coastal culinary magic and the local flavors make Goa a gastronomic haven. These local delicacies – whether it is famous vindaloo, the iconic Goan fish curry or the mouth-watering cafreal, bebinca and xacuti – should definitely be on your to-eat list, while the International flavors with a ‘Goan twist’ cannot be ignored either.
|All Restaurants shall ensure the following measures to contain the Spread of COVID-19:|
Wondering what to taste and where to start? Calling out to the laid-back foodies who want to gorge on some amazing food, here is our list of the best restaurants in North and South Goa you must definitely cram at.
|Tamarind Café||Varchawadda, Arambol|
|La Plage||Aswem Beach, Arambol|
|Bhatti Village||Bhatti Waddo, Nerul|
|Spice Goa||Satt-Adhar Complex|
|Burger Factory||Anjuna Main Road|
|Brittos Bar||Bardez, Baga|
|Pousada by the Beach||Gaura Vaddo|
|Zeebop by the Sea||Utorda Beach, Majorda|
|The Space Goa||Canacona, Palolem|
|Martin’s Corner||Ranvaddo, Salcete|
|Magic Italy||Palolem Road, Palolem|
|The Fisherman’s Wharf||Mobor, Cavelossim|
Best Restaurants in North Goa
North Goa, the partying hub in the region, is not just about great cocktails and fizzing beers and flavorful local liquors. It also houses some of the amazing restaurants where you can taste local as well as global flavors. Here’s a handpicked list of some of the best restaurants in North Goa.
1. Tamarind Café, North Goa
We thought we would start off with the healthier quick-bites option. Tucked away in Arambol is this food paradise which serves delicious quick eats for the snacking buffs. Set in a garden under a 200-year old banyan tree is this beautiful and cozy café. The most inspirational dishes are dished out here by the Japanese chef who makes you indulge in some great food made from the local produce and the freshest of ingredients. The macrobiotic meal options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner include delish soups, salads, and mains made with generous quantities of imported olive oil, ghee, and veggies.
- Location: Varchawadda, Arambol, North Goa
- Timings: 08:00 am to 11:00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Healthy Options, Salads, Chinese, Thai
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 400
2. La Plage, North Goa
Let us warn you at the outset, nine out of ten people are reported to have fallen in love with this place at the very first sight. French, Italian, and contemporary American grub is served in the most desirable ways here. The most eclectic ambiance accented by colored wooden furniture with the backdrop of the pristine Aswem Beach and the most appetizing delights are bound to keep you coming back for more. This casual dining place keeps changing the menu while keeping some staples unchanged. You get one of the best Bee Burgers in town in La Plage and you can expect some spectacular seafood to be served at your table as well. Décor, location, service or food quality, the place scores high on all these counts and many more. No wonder, this restaurant tops the list of North Goa’s must-try restaurants.
- Location: Aswem Beach, Arambol, North Goa
- Timings: 08:30 am to 10.00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Burgers, Sea Food, Chocolate Thali, Cocktails, Chicken Burger, Salad, Beef Carpaccio
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 800
3. Bhatti Village, North Goa
Fancy something authentically Goan and homemade, something that you would remember for the rest of your life? Head to Bhatti Village, a family-owned restaurant tucked away in the narrow lanes of Nerul. Remember, the place doesn’t have a fixed menu, but serves you different dishes in different seasons. One of the signature dishes served in this quaint restaurant is a fish roe, locally called gaboi. That’s not all. From pork vindaloo and Goan fish curry and rice to sannas, reichado, and desserts right from the heart of Goa, Bhatti Village serves it all. The place also serves alcohol, so if you are looking for a relaxed, casual dining experience with your dear ones, you know where to go.
- Location: Bhatti Waddo, Nerul, North Goa
- Timings: 06:30 pm to 11:00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Pork vindaloo, roast pork, seafood, dried prawn curry
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 500
4. Thalassa, North Goa
This restaurant is truly a mini Greece in Goa. Run by a Greek expert from Corfu, the place outshines most fusion restaurants in Goa by several notches. And the reasons? Fantastic food, warm hospitality, and the most chilled out yet romantic ambience which makes you wonder if you were magically transported to Greece! The serenity of the high deck view of the Arabian Sea, breath-taking sunsets, and the mind-blowing atmosphere with straw chairs and blue and white décor simply recreate the Mediterranean charm. Grab some chilled beer and the famous platters from across Greece and spend a memorable evening here. This place has been featured in the Most Legendary Outlets List and Planet Goa Foodies’ Select for being the most sought-after eatery in the whole of Goa. Do not miss out on the Saganakis, Horiatiki, Spinach Mini Pies, Stuffed Sardines, and many more such real Greek divinity.
- Location: Ozran Beach, Vagator, North Goa
- Timings: 10:00 am to 11:30 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Cocktails, Vegetable Moussaka, Baklava, Chocolate Cake, Grilled Squid, Lamb Chops, Gyros
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 1500
5. Spice Goa, North Goa
What is the point of your visit to Goa if you do not indulge in some local fare? Spice Goa is where the tantalizing thalis enriched with the local flavors give you a home-style welcoming and tickle your taste buds. These wholesome thalis offer comfort and nourishment to the wandering souls. The freshest catch of the day and the freshly grounded masala made in-house contribute to the scrumptious meals at Spice Goa. Everything from lobsters, crabs, prawns, kingfish, pomfret, mackerels, squids, clams, and oysters to sharks, cod, and mullets are served here. Whether you fancy rawa-fried fish, liver sukha, mutton chaps, or chicken cafreal, you will find them all in this one-of-its-kind restaurant.
- Location: Satt-Adhar Complex, Mapusa, North Goa
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 03:00 pm and 07:30 pm to 11:00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Sea Food, Rice, Beer, Prawn Curry, Goan Thali, Dal Tadka, Fish Curry
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 900
6. Burger Factory, North Goa
Want to give coastal cuisines a rest and try some finger-licking good fast food? Burger Factory is your best bet, mate! This exquisite burger place is touted for the juiciest burgers in town. The casual dining ambiance in light wood with an open kitchen is close to homecoming for those who are longing to binge on some comfort food. The well-stacked and finely prepared burgers with the delightful sides and exotic toppings make this place champion of the Burger league in North Goa. Serving up the most piquant gourmet burgers (chicken, vegetarian, and beef), Burger Factory should definitely be your food stop after a long day at Anjuna Beach.
- Location: Anjuna Main Road, Anjuna, North Goa
- Timings: 11:30 am to 03:30 pm and 06:30 pm to 10:30 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Gourmet Chicken Burger, Spinach Burger, Wedges, Mushroom Burger, Fries, Chicken Parmesan Burger
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 1100
7. Brittos Bar, North Goa
You can never miss this iconic shack-turned-eatery at the prominent Baga Beach. With its picket fences and rustic ambiance, Brittos has been the most preferred chill-out zone in the region. The seafood platters served here with chilled beer will mesmerize your senses, to say the least. The steaks and noodles are also among the top favorites of the customers. With almost 50 years of serving the foodies who visit Baga, Brittos Bar and Restaurant has become the landmark eatery of this zone. The Goan delights and the meaty dishes are spot on while you shouldn’t forget to wash down all that food with some home brewed Feni. If you do not mind spending some extra bucks on the grilled lobster, we assure you it will be worth the experience and the money!
- Location: Bardez, Baga, North Goa
- Timings: 08:30 am to 11:30 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Prawn Vindaloo, Seafood Platter, Grilled Lobster, Sorpotel, Prawn Balchao, Jumbo Prawns, Mocktails
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 1400
8. Pousada by the Beach, North Goa
The skillful adaptation of Portuguese cuisine into the local food arena is evident at Pousada by the Beach, one of the best beach shack restaurants in North Goa. This casual dining venue with great ambience and amazing views of the sea serves classic dishes from the Portuguese, Continental, Goan, and Konkan cuisines. What’s more, this beachside eatery ticks all the right boxes of flavor, presentation, originality, and ambiance; personalized service and lip-smacking delicacies are also guaranteed when you choose to dine here. Start with a glass of wine or a bottle of beer and then move to some of the signature dishes such as stuffed crab, sungtanche kodi, fish in banana leaf, feijoada, among others. Finally, top it with a classic Goan dessert like bebinca, dodol or serradurra. Soak in the sun and sit back to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere for hours with no interruptions and gorge on some divine food at this heavenly eatery.
- Location: Gaura Vaddo, Calangute Beach, North Goa
- Timings: 11:00 am to 07:00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Tangy Vindaloo, Prawn Xacuti, Lavazza Espresso, Cocktails, Peri Peri Prawns, Mocktails
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 2000
Best Restaurants in South Goa
South Goa is the place for quiet beach walks and laid-back holidays. And the restaurants in the region offer a wide variety of binging options, from casual to fine dining and from shacks to Al Fresco eateries. So, keep the Goan food magic going at these best restaurants in South Goa.
9. Zeebop by the Sea, South Goa
This resto-bar has been stylishly designed to give its customers an upbeat dining experience by the sea. Surrounded by tall palm trees and a breezy atmosphere, the restaurant is renowned for its sumptuous seafood and great party hosting skills, and did we mention cocktails too? Zeebop has been witness to many weddings and celebrations in the past and it has an outdoor seating area as well. Pre-booking is recommended before you visit this place. Décor, location, live music, and mind-blowing dishes come together to make this place a must-visit for anyone looking for the real Goan vibe down the South.
- Location: Utorda Beach, Majorda, South Goa
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 03:30 pm and 06:30 pm to 10:30 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Chicken Sandwich, Sea Food, Butter Garlic Squids, Paneer Tikka, Pinacolada, Kulfi, Pineapple Juice
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 800
10. The Space Goa, South Goa
Rustic, tropical, and cozy are the words that define the Spice Goa. This casual dining restaurant serves healthy and organic Mezze and Arabic gourmet food to render a wholesome eating experience. Wellness and soul-soothing are the priorities at this deli. You could count on some fruit salads, banana loaf, toast, Mediterranean delights, and other soul food to elevate your senses and provide the best start to your day. From locally sourced to organically grown, gluten-free or vegan, naturally sweet or totally raw, this place plates up a holistic experience for you. The menu here might not look fancy and the dishes might look modest. But what it lacks in the assortment, it certainly makes up for in flavors and of course, the lush green ambiance! Click here also..
- Location: Canacona, Palolem, South Goa
- Timings: 08:30 am to 05:30 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Omelette, Tofu Scramble, Chicken Paninis, Smoked Salmon Sandwiches, Hummus
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 500
11. Martin’s Corner, South Goa
The classy interiors at Martin’s Corner are welcoming and cozy for a multi-cuisine dining extravaganza. The bar scene at the venue is pretty happening with the best of concoctions being served in-house. The live music and the delectable offerings from the local, Chinese, and North Indian cuisines at this food joint are nothing less than spectacular to make your Goan adventure complete. The stone-cooked steaks served here are top-notch, making this a definite stopover for sensory gratification. Pork chilli fry, Calamari masala, king prawn butter garlic, mousses, cheesecakes, and the list goes on and on. Choose your favorites and indulge, as if there is no tomorrow!
- Location: Ranvaddo, Salcete, Betalbatim, South Goa
- Timings: 11:00 am to 03:30 pm and 06:30 pm to 11:30 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Mocktails, Steak, Sea Food, Paneer Tikka, Cocktails, Dutch Truffle, Fish, Roti
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 1600
12. Dropadi, South Goa
Sun, sand, and cocktails with some great food can set the mood for a romantic date. And Dropadi is just the place for it with the serene shores in the background and the fine wine and delectable snacks it serves. Indulge in their amazing seafood platter (made from the fresh catch, needless to say) while being tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the coastal city. The picturesque backdrop and piquant meals are like the icing on the cake, especially when you are on a great Goan holiday! Click also places to visit in Goa, Night
- Location: Palolem Beach, South Goa
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Butter Garlic Prawns, Sea Food Platter, Paneer Tikka Masala, Salads, Virgin Mojito, Cocktails, Lobster
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 800
13. Magic Italy, South Goa
Find a little bit of Italy in this cozy eatery that serves the most authentic pizzas, pasta, ravioli, and much more with a local spin. This Pizzeria has its ingredients specially imported from Italy for the supreme rendition of the classic dishes, especially the wood-fired pizzas. The buzzing atmosphere and the comfy seating give you a divine slice of Naples, with the wafting aromas of garlic and olive oil. Heavenly, isn’t it?
- Location: Palolem Road, Palolem, South Goa
- Timings: 01:00 pm to 11:00 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Bruschettas, Pasta, Tiramisu, Salads, Ravioli, Pepperoni Pizza
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 700
14. The Fisherman’s Wharf, South Goa
This resto-bar is the complete package in South Goa for food, entertainment, and ambiance. Set in a rustic, warm, river-side area, the quality of food and services at this legendary eatery has always had rave reviews. Of the three outlets in Goa, the branch at Cavalossim is so exuberant as it sits in a luxe set up. Modern fusion food infused with the versatility of Goan spices is something you cannot resist. The amazing concoctions at the bar light up your mood along with the live music for a jolly good time with your folks.
- Location: Mobor, Cavelossim, South Goa
- 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm; Sunday to Thursday
- 12:00 pm to 12:00 am; Friday to Saturday
- Must-try Items: Sea Food, Cocktails, Paneer Tikka, Fish, Jumbo Prawns, Chocolate Mousse, Tiramisu
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 1100
15. Nostalgia, South Goa
What a name! And what a place! This urban shack serves up the most delectable and authentic Portuguese and Goan delicacies with a touch of divinity in every bite. The earthen pots and the quintessential Goan ambiance are just right things to create nostalgia. Goan rice and curry served here will give you a throwback to your grandma’s kitchen. Now you know why its’ called Nostalgia, don’t you?
- Location: Raia, Margao, South Goa
- Timings: 11:00 am to 03:00 pm and 07:00 pm to 11:00 pm; closed on Mondays
- Must-try Items: Mutton Xacuti, Sea Food, Goan Prawn Curry, Chicken Steak, Cocktails, Beer, Fish
- Average Cost for Two: ₹ 1200
Eat, party, and repeat is the mantra of the foodies who their set foot in this magical land of eternal bliss. Whether you are staying in one of the many hotels in Goa or live there, the restaurants listed above can definitely make your trip more worthwhile with a high tide of gastronomic elation.