The city of Vadodara or Baroda has come a long way from being known only for its Fine Arts Institute. Shopping arcades, malls, and restaurants in Vadodara now cater not only to locals, but also travelers from around the country. With many multinationals opening up their offices in Vadodara, the city has revolutionized its food scene that earlier revolved only around the simple local preparations. Gujarat, with its love for gastronomy, has more than made up for the fact that it is a dry State with alcohol prohibition. When it comes to food in Vadodara, Gujarati cuisine takes precedence over other dishes, but that does not that mean that North Indian, Italian or Chinese are any less popular. Wondering what all are the best places to eat in the city? We did the recon for you and crafted a list of some of the best restaurants in Baroda or Vadodara as you know it now.
Veg and Non-Veg Restaurants in Vadodara:
|Mandap||Hotel Express Towers, RC Dutt Road, Alkapuri|
|Sasuma||Gokulesh Complex, Alkapuri|
|Saffron Restaurant||Indraprastha Complex, Urmi Cross Road, Alkapuri|
|Little Italy||Alkapuri Society, Alkapuri|
|22nd Parallel||Tapan Complex, Alkapuri|
|San’s Sizzlers||Samaptrao Colony, Mangaldhara Complex, Alkapuri|
|Azure||Surya Palace Hotel, Sayajigunj|
|Gazebo Garden Restaurant||Sevasi-Bhimpura Road|
|Barbeque Nation||Cine Mall, Vadiwadi|
|That Place||Sampatrao Colony, Alkapuri|
|Raju Omelet||Indraprasth Complex, VIP Road, Karelibaug|
|Peshawari||ITC Welcome Hotel, RC Dutt Road, Alkapuri|
|Kai Asia||The Taj Gateway Hotel, Akota|
Veg Restaurant in Vadodara
1. Mandap, Vadodara
Looking for a Gujarati thali in Vadodara? Then venture no far than Mandap, which offers a Gujarati feast fit for the kings. Traditional seating under a faux canopy or mandap sets a festive tone for the iconic Gujarati food. The table is set with copperware that only gives you a homely feel, but transports you to a regional household instantly. Purely vegetarian, Mandap offers at least twenty delectable dishes in its authentic spread. What makes a feast here more enjoyable is the fact that Mandap is an unlimited dinner restaurant in Vadodara, with excellent service and hospitality that makes you come back again. Good things come after a wait and that is what you must do on your visit to Mandap, for the place is always packed to capacity.
- Location: Hotel Express Towers, RC Dutt Road, Alkapuri, Vadodara
- Timings: 11:45 AM to 2:45 PM, 7:45 PM to 10:30 PM
- Must try: Dhokla, Undhiyu, Bajra na Rotla, Khichdi, Mango Raas, Coconut Halwa and Methi Debra
- Meal for two: ₹600
2. Sasuma, Vadodara
When Mandap is on the list, can Sasuma be far behind? Another gem that serves authentic Gujarati thali in Vadodara is Sasuma, one of the best restaurants in Vadodara if you are looking for pure-vegetarian food. Sasuma has been the city favorite for quite some time now for its authentic Gujarati food. Though the type of cuisine is fixed, the dishes on the menu keep changing to include seasonal vegetables and sweets. The serving staff here takes hospitality to new levels by refilling your plate faster than you can finish it, with sabzis, mithais, farsans, chaas and rotis which never stop coming to your table. Many business lunches also take place at this restaurant, which prides in serving its patrons good food laden with love, exactly like a doting ‘Sasuma’ which means mother-in-law.
- Location: Gokulesh Complex, Alkapuri, Vadodara
- Timings: 11:30 AM to 3:30 PM, 7 PM to 10:30 PM
- Must try: Pineapple Sheera, Aamras, Kadhi, Chhaas, Roti and Khichda
- Meal for two: ₹ 500
Not satisfied with these Gujarati restaurants? Check out these amazing restaurants in Ahmedabad
3. Saffron Restaurant, Vadodara
If you are looking for a value-for-money meal at a good restaurant in Vadodara, then head straight to Saffron. The herbivorous majority in Gujarat, per se, leaves you spoilt for choice when it comes to vegetarian food in Vadodara. Saffron has a thali system, and they even give you a live barbeque station on your table itself. You can enjoy a budget-friendly meal here, made tastier by the fact that you can eat all you want!
- Location: Indraprastha Complex, Urmi Cross Road, Alkapuri; and Atlantis Heights, Shree Vikram Sarabhai Marg, Vadiwadi
- Timings: 11 AM to 3 PM, 6 PM to 11 PM
- Must try: Rajma Kebab, Jumbo Papad, Mint Chutney and Cheese Paneer Kebab
- Meal for two: ₹ 600
4. Little Italy, Vadodara
Cozy setting and authentic Italian food is the name of the game at Little Italy. A little steep on your pocket, the excellent Italian food dished out by the restaurant makes it worth your money. Unlike other Italian restaurants in Vadodara, this one maintains the authenticity by incorporating ingredients like artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes and zucchini that lend the perfect Italian flavor to the food. Little Italy prides in its wood-fired pizzas that are supposed to be the best in Vadodara along with their creamy risotto. What’s more? They also serve classic Mexican delights!
- Location: Pramukh Swami nagar, Atladara, Vadodara
- Timings: 12 Noon to 3 PM, 7 PM to 11 PM
- Must try: Gnocchi, Lasagna, Pasta Alfredo and wood-fired pizzas
- Meal for two: ₹ 1000
5. 22nd Parallel, Vadodara
A vegetarian’s food paradise, 22nd Parallel is the go-to place for authentic South Indian delights in Vadodara, and not just from one state, but all four. The food here is served in a clean and hygienic manner by a courteous staff, and the reasonable prices make it even more attractive. You will be spoilt for choice with the varieties of dosas on the menu here. Make sure to visit the place just a little before your hunger pangs are at a peak, for you are almost certain to find a serpentine line outside.
- Location: Manjalpur; Karelibaug; and Gorwa,Vadodara
- Timings: 12 Noon to 3 PM and 6 PM to 10 PM (Gorwa); 12 Noon to 3 PM and 7 PM to 11 PM (Karelibaug, Manjalpur)
- Must try: Filter Coffee, Kurmura Dosa, Poori Bhaji, Chettinad Idli, Papad Dosa, Appams with Avial and Neer Dosai
- Meal for two: ₹ 400
6. San’s Sizzlers, Vadodara
Sizzle away to food heaven with the amazing sizzlers at this popular restaurant of Vadodara. You can get customized sizzlers as well along with the vast array of regulars on the menu. The restaurant serves even North Indian-flavored sizzlers which are in a huge demand by locals.
- Location: Samaptrao Colony, Mangaldhara Complex, Alkapuri, Vadodara
- Timings: 6 PM – 10:30 PM; Closed on Monday
- Must try: Kadhai Kofta with Jeera Rice, Paneer Teriyaki with Hakka Noodles, Macaroni, and Nachos
- Meal for two: ₹ 1000
7. Azure, Vadodara
Amazing food complemented by an equally fantastic ambiance makes this place a must visit for every gastronome. It is a multi-cuisine dining venue which is considered one of the top fine-dining restaurants in Vadodara. The buffet spread covers a whole host of regional dishes from Rajasthani and Gujarati to some lip-smacking Continental fare.
- Location: Surya Palace Hotel, Sayajigunj, Vadodara
- Timings: 7.30 AM to 10 AM, 12.30 PM to 6:30 PM, 7.30 PM to 12 AM
- Must try: Baked Halwa, Butter Scotch Mousse, and Dal Makhani
- Meal for two: ₹ 1200
Non-veg Restaurants in Vadodara
8. Gazebo Garden Restaurant, Vadodara
Far from the madding crowd of the city, Gazebo is the perfect place for a family dinner. The buffet spread is quite elaborate and complemented by the fabulous and pleasing ambiance of the restaurant. With its garden seating, Gazebo is one of the best non-veg restaurants in Vadodara. Right from Italian to North Indian, they have it all; even Jain food. The staff is quite courteous and it will happily get your pasta or pizza customized to suit your palate. You can get the pasta and pizzas on your table itself, but the rest of the dinner is laid out in the buffet with live egg and starter stations.
- Location: Sevasi-Bhimpura Road, Vadodara
- Timings: 7 PM to 1 AM
- Must try: Gulab Jamun, Customized pizzas and pasta
- Meal for two: ₹ 1000
9. Barbeque Nation, Vadodara
For all meat lovers, Barbeque Nation comes to their rescue in almost all major cities today. One of the most visited non-vegetarian restaurants in the city, Barbeque Nation serves splendid North Indian and Mughlai food. The restaurant offers only a buffet with a live barbeque on your table. You can relish the aromas wafting up from your table while your paneer or chicken gets done. Patrons warn against the fact that most of the time they are so full with the delicious starters itself that they’re unable to try the elaborate buffet laid out. A word of caution and a tip: skip your lunch to fully unleash the gluttony monster in you at Barbeque Nation.
- Location: Cine Mall, Vadiwadi, Vadodara
- Timings: 12 Noon to 3 PM, 6 PM to 10 PM
- Must try: Grilled Chicken, Mutton Curry, Biryani and Kulfi
- Meal for two: ₹ 1500
10. That Place, Vadodara
We have had a good dekko at all the good family restaurants, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian, but it’s time now for some exclusive stuff, a place that offers you the perfect setting for a candlelight dinner in Vadodara. It’s that place you call That Place. More than the pun here, you will love the absolutely lip-smacking Continental food that That Place serves with pride. A fine-dining place with an elegant and chic setting, the restaurant sets the bar high when it comes to a romantic dinner. Their signature dish, the chocolate fondue is as divine in its taste as in its name. Try out their Sunday breakfast buffet for sure.
- Location: Sampatrao Colony, Alkapuri, Vadodara
- Timings: 11 AM to 11 PM
- Must try: Baked Mushrooms, Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Chicken Parm, Tiger Prawns in Burnt Garlic Sauce, Spicy Vietnamese Noodle Soup, Chicken Cordon Blue and East African Chicken Poussin
- Meal for two: ₹ 1500
11. Raju Omelet, Vadodara
Now, who would have thought that the humble omelet could have such a makeover and have so many varieties as served at Raju Omelet? The eatery is a haven for egg lovers and you are bound to overindulge, as the food served here is beyond ‘eggs-pectation’. The decadent egg dishes served with buttered buns and pav on the side are to die for. The place specializes in egg dishes and you can have a sumptuous meal of eggs with rice here at a pocket-friendly price.
- Location: Indraprasth Complex, VIP Road, Karelibaug, Vadodara
- Timings: 10 AM – 11 PM
- Must try: Cheese Masala Half Fry, Egg Rice Bhurji, Butter Boil Tikka, and Masala Half Fry
- Meal for two: ₹ 300
12. Peshawari, Vadodara
A visit to Peshwari is bound to transport you to an era of royalty, with the aroma of charcoal grilling mixed with that of urban pots delighting all your senses. The restaurant is known for its authentic Mughlai and North Indian food cooked in tandoors. It is one of the best non-veg restaurants in Vadodara with prices leaning towards the higher side, but every dish here is totally worth it.
- Location: ITC Welcome Hotel, RC Dutt Road, Alkapuri, Vadodara
- Timings: 6:30 PM to 11 PM; 12 noon -3 pm, 6:30 pm -11 pm (Sat, Sun)
- Must try: Dal Bukhara, Bukhara Naan, and Murgh Khurchan
- Meal for two: ₹ 1800
13. Kai Asia, Vadodara
Kai Asia is the restaurant you need to visit if you are looking for some authentic Thai, Chinese and Japanese fare. The place is a crowd puller for its fabulous food and classy interiors, making it a perfect choice for a romantic dinner in Vadodara. Curtains as room separators, wooden flooring and modern furniture set the tone for a relaxed meal here. Read also – places to visit in Vadodara
- Location: The Taj Gateway Hotel, Akota, Vadodara
- Timings: 7.30 PM to 10:45 PM; 12 pm- 2:45 pm, 7:30 – 10:45 pm (Sat, Sun)
- Must try: Wasabi Ice-cream, Sushi, Tom Yum Soup, and Date Pancakes
- Meal for two: ₹ 2000
Like a Gujarati’s love for food, the list of good restaurants in Vadodara is endless. Do try some new restaurants in Vadodara as well like Legends of Punjab in Alkapuri, Java the Kitchen in Karelibaug, Savera on Ajwa Road and Indian Curry on Old Padra Road. Even if your hotel in Vadodara has an in-house restaurant, you have got to give the ones mentioned above a try.