If you thought chasing the thrill for adventure was a thing only for the aerated drink commercials, then you may be mistaken. India is burgeoning with skydiving hubs to give the country’s youth a taste of adrenaline in the safest way possible. Read on to learn all the places you can head to experience this adventure sport, across the country. The skydiving costs in India vary in every state. Take a look at these skydiving haunts to plan your next experience!
1. Aamby Valley City, Maharashtra
If you are an adventure junky and wish to go skydiving in India, then head to Aamby Valley to live one of the most thrilling experiences in your life. Many Mumbaikars are known to flock this place. Trained American and European instructors use the best equipment to ensure a safe experience for every skydiver. As you take a dive, you can enjoy the beautiful view of the Aamby Valley Estate.
- Location: Aamby Valley City, Taluka Mulshi, Lonavala, Maharashtra
- Monday to Thursday – INR 25,000
- Friday to Sunday – INR 30,000
- Timings: 8 am to 10 pm
- How to reach: Take the train from Parel to Karjat Central and then take a taxi to Aamby Valley. This place is approx. 3 hours’ drive from Mumbai.
Also read: Weekend Getaways near Mumbai
2. Mysore, Karnataka
- Mysore is known for more than its beautiful palace. You can get a bird’s-eye view of the city, literally, as you skydive and cascade down. The historical city is slowly being recognised as a skydiving hub in the south. Get all the details before you decide to consider jumping off the plane in Mysore.
- Location: Mysuru Airport, Karnataka
- Tandem Fall – INR 35,000
- Accelerated Free Fall – INR 25,000
- Timings: 7 am to 9 pm
- Important Info: You will have to go through a day of ground-training for your first solo parachute jump from 4,000 ft.
- How to reach: Take a taxi to the Mysore Airport, get detail information on how to reach Mysore
Recommend Read: Places to visit in Mysore
3. Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
Imagine getting an aerial view of the white sand beaches and pristine blue waters. Skydiving operators regularly organise camps here based on the weather conditions. Letting you experience the best skydiving in India, the camps offer tandem jumps and static line. The next time you plan a holiday to this famous tourist destination, go skydiving and tick it off your bucket list!
- Location: Drop Zone in Pondicherry Airbase
- Cost: INR 18,000 – INR 62,000
- Timings: 7 am to 9 pm
- How to reach: 5-hour drive from Bangalore and 2.5-hour drive from Chennai, get more information about how to reach Pondicherry
Also Read: Places to visit in Pondicherry
4. Hyderabad, Telangana
Not very unlike the experience in Mysore, fly like a kite from the Nagarjuna Sagar Airport at Telangana. If you are wondering is skydiving safe in India, then put your fears away. Licensed by the United States Parachute Association, the experienced trainers will meticulously prepare you during the 3-day training before you get the go-ahead to take the final dive.
- Location: Nagarjuna Sagar Airport
- Cost: INR 19,500
- Timings: 8:30 am to 10 pm
- Important Info: Make a video of your experience at only INR 1,000 extra
- How to reach: Fly to Nagarjuna Sagar Airport
5. Deesa, Gujarat
Skydiving in India started right here in Deesa. The Sports Authority of Gujarat and Indian Parachuting Federation organise many skydiving camps and events here. So, steer your wheels towards Deesa to experience the thrill.
- Location: Deesa, Banaskantha district, Gujarat
- Cost: INR 16,500 to INR 37,500
- Timings: 7 am
- Facts: Skydiving in Deesa is favourable all year round
- How to reach: Ahmedabad is the closest airport to Deesa at 139 km. You can take a cab or a bus from the airport.
6. Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
If you are from the capital city, Delhi, then the best place to satiate your love for a skydiving adventure is Aligarh. It is the perfect place to get your shot of adrenaline as you can also go for paragliding as an option. They take every precaution. Part of this is undergoing a fitness test to determine if you are medically fit to take the leap.
- Location: Aligarh Airstrip
- Tandem Jump – approx. INR 27,000
- A Jump to Remember – approx. INR 31,000
- Timings: 9 am – 12 pm
- Important Info: There are 5 slots in a day at the Aligarh Airstrip. So, make reservations for your turn in advance.
- How to reach: Fly to Delhi Airport. It is a 3.5-hour drive from there to Aligarh.
7. Narnaul, Haryana
In the spirit of promoting adventure tourism, the Haryana Government has introduced the state to this wonderful sport. You can experience it at the Bachhod Airstrip at Narnaul. A couple of hours’ drive from Delhi, this sport is the only international zone for skydiving in India. Avoid the monsoons.
- Location: Bachhod Airstrip, Narnaul Airport
- Static Line Jump – INR 18,500
- Tandem Jump – INR 27,500
- Timings: 10 am – 1 pm
- Important Info: You will get one hour training before you are ready to fly down on Narnaul.
- How to reach: Fly to Delhi Airport. It is a 2-hour drive from there to Narnaul.
Have you decided where you want to go yet? Do not hesitate and head to the skydiving spot closest to your hometown. For all you know, you may end up having an adventure of a lifetime.
Further Read: Top Adventure Sports in Rishikesh