November is perhaps one of the best times of the year to travel to any destination in India as the weather is calm and pleasant and nature’s beauty is at its best. If you are planning a leisure trip during this time, get ready to be spoilt for choices as picking from the best places to visit in November in India can be a tough call.
To help you make the decision, we have prepared a list of 10 scenic places to visit in November in India. You can decide the destination depending on whether you want to relax, unwind and spend some quality time with family or indulge in some exciting adventure activities.
Here are the best places in India to visit in November:
Places to Visit in November in Northern India
Delhi, the National Capital Territory (NCT), is by far the most important region in India, with it being home to the rustic Old Delhi and the urban New Delhi. Located on the banks of River Yamuna, this metropolitan has a rich culture and a glorious past. It is also among the most travelled destinations in India. There are a number of important monuments, temples, forts, markets, etc. in Delhi that are definitely worth a visit. November is the best time to come to this part of the country as it experiences a pleasant climate at that time.
- Places to visit in Delhi: Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Lodhi Gardens, Jama Masjid, India Gate, Chhatarpur Temple, Humayun’s Tomb, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple, and Purana Qila
- Things to do in Delhi: Explore the historical attractions, get a glimpse of different cultures at Dilli Haat, shop at local markets like Janpath, spend an evening at the Garden of Five Senses, relish the street food delicacies at Chandni Chowk, and party the night away at some of the most eclectic bars and nightclubs
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Indra Gandhi International Airport (27 km from the center)
- Nearest Train Station: New Delhi Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Kashmere Gate ISBT
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Delhi
Read more: Top Shopping Places in Delhi
2. Amritsar, Punjab
Home of the Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple), Amritsar is a historically important city in Punjab. This beautifully maintained city is filled with helpful folks, lots of sightseeing spots, and great options to shop. Amritsar can be really hot in the summer and the best season starts in November. The Guru Nanak Gurpurab is a festival that celebrates the birthday of Guru Nanak. This is held in November and the whole of the city turns celebratory and joyous during this time making it one of the best places to visit in India in November with family.
- Places to visit in Amritsar: Golden Temple, Punjab State War Memorial Museum, Ram Bagh Palace, Jallianwala Bagh, Bhagwan Valmiki Tirath Sthal, Wagah Border, and Pul Kanjri
- Things to do in Amritsar: Enjoy butter-dripping Amritsari naan from roadside dhabas around the city. Plan a visit to the Golden Temple and enjoy the hospitality and spirituality. Get your dose of patriotism at the Wagah Border. Shop for exquisite suits and juttis from the Hall Bazaar, Guru Bazaar, and Lahori Gate Market.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport, Amritsar
- Nearest Train Station: Amritsar Junction
- Nearest Bus Stand: Amritsar Bus Depot
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Amritsar
Jammu, the winter capital of the northern state of Jammu and Kashmir, lies on the banks of the Tawi River. Home to many grand palaces, forts, and temples, the city is encompassed by lush green forests and majestic mountains and makes for a pretty sight. Often referred to as the ‘City of Temples’, Jammu is home to some revered Hindu shrines including Raghunath Temple, Ranbireshwar Temple, Peer Kho Cave Temple, and Bave Wali Mata Temple. It also serves as the starting point for the pilgrimage to Mata Vaishno Devi Temple.
- Places to visit in Jammu:Raghunath Temple, Dogra Art Museum, Surinsar Lake, Bahu Fort, Mansar Lake, Mubarak Mandi Palace, Shivkhori, Amar Mahal Museum, and Peer Baba Dargah
- Things to do in Jammu:Go on a pilgrimage to Mata Vaishno Devi Temple, Ski at Patnitop, savour lip-smacking Jammu dishes, go for a boat ride at Mansar Lake and explore Bhimgarh Fort
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Jammu Airport (6.1 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Jammu Tawi Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Jammu Bus Station
4. Haridwar, Uttarakhand
Haridwar in Uttarakhand is one of the most prominent religious sites for the Hindus in India, and hence it is flocked by devotees in large numbers round-the-year. This ancient city located on the banks of the River Ganges serves as the starting point for several religious and adventure hotspots in Uttarakhand, especially Rishikesh and Devprayag. Haridwar is also one of the four cities in the country where the holy Kumbh Mela is hosted. If you are planning a trip with family or friends in November, Haridwar should be among your top choices.
- Places to visit in Haridwar:Bharat Mata Temple, Chandi Devi Temple, Bhimgoda Kund, Har Ki Pauri, Daksha Mahadev Temple, Mansa Devi Temple, and Maya Devi Temple
- Things to do in Haridwar: Witness the grand Ganga Aarti in the evening, shop at Bara Bazaar, relax at the Har Ki Pauri ghat early in the morning and enjoy a ropeway ride to Mansa Devi Temple
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun (37 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Haridwar Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Haridwar Bus Stand
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Haridwar
5. Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
Another important pilgrimage centre for the Hindus, Varanasi – also known as Banaras – is among the oldest cities in the world. Home to many revered temples and more than 100 ghats, this holy city receives hundreds of devotees and tourists from across the country on a daily basis. Some come here to take a holy dip in the Ganga river and others to witness the grandeur of Hinduism and learn about its mythological roots. A trip to Varanasi in November can be a good experience as the city enjoys cool and pleasant weather.
- Places to visit in Varanasi: Assi Ghat, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Panchganga Ghat, Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Sarnath, Man Mandir Observatory, and Bharat Kala Bhavan Museum
- Things to do in Varanasi: Witness the evening aarti at Dasawamedh Ghat, take a holy dip in the Ganga, take a boat ride on the river, visit the Ramnagar Fort and Museum and shop at the local markets to purchase local handicrafts and Benarasi sarees
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Varanasi International Airport (19 km from the centre)
- Nearest Train Station: Varanasi Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Varanasi Bus Stand
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Varanasi
Read more: Temples of Varanasi
6. Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
Located in Madhya Pradesh, Sanchi is one of the most revered sites for the followers of Buddhism. This small town is home to the famous Sanchi Stupa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site believed to be among the oldest stone structures in the world. Besides this, there are many other stupas and monasteries in this town, which were built by the great Emperor Ashoka and subsequent rulers of the region. Not just Buddhist followers but also tourists in large numbers throng here every year to explore this quaint village.
- Places to visit in Sanchi: Sanchi Stupa, Udaigiri Caves, Chetiyagiri Buddhist Temple, Sanchi Archaeological Museum, and Gupta Temple
- Things to do in Sanchi: Go on an exploration tour to Udaigiri Caves, get an insight into the town’s history and culture at Sanchi Archaeological Museum and visit the many Buddhist stupas and temples
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Raja Bhoj Airport, Bhopal (55 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Sanchi Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Sanchi Bus Station
Read more: The Great Sanchi Stupa
Places to Stay in November in Southern India
7. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are one of the most visited tourist destinations in India, with travellers flocking here from far and wide. What draws people to this serene archipelago is its undulated natural beauty. With 572 small and big isles, Andaman and Nicobar Islands are an ideal place for sightseeing as well as adventure sports. It is also home to one of the important historical sites of India’s struggle for independence – Cellular Jail. It is among the best places to travel in November in India with your partner. A short vacation in the amazing environs of these islands will definitely get you relaxed and happy!
- Places to visit in Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, Cellular Jail, Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, Ross Island, Neil Island, Baratang Island, and Elephant Beach
- Things to do in Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Witness the wonderful light and sound show at Cellular Jail, indulge in exciting water sports like snorkelling and scuba diving, enjoy a glass bottom boat tour and go for a birdwatching experience at Chidiya Tapu
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Veer Savarkar International Airport
- By Ship: The ships are available from Chennai, Kolkata, and Vishakhapatnam and it takes around 3-4 days to reach to Port Blair.
8. Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Chennai, one of the most important metropolitans of the country, comes with a rich past and is known for its rich and diverse culture. Home to people of different faiths, this city was once a stronghold of the British, reminiscent of which can be witnessed in the forts and old buildings here. November is a good time to come and explore Chennai as the temperature here remains on the lower side during this period. It is one of the most loved November tourist places in India. There is much to see and experience in this amazing city, and if you plan out well in advance, your trip should be fantastic!
- Places to visit in Chennai:Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Marina Beach, Elliot’s Beach, San Thome Basilica, Government Museum, Kapaleeswarar Temple, Mahabalipuram Temples, Fort St. George, and MGR Film City
- Things to do in Chennai:Relax at the Marina Beach, enjoy water sports at Muttukadu, relish mouth-watering South Indian food, have fun at MGM World and go on a shopping spree at T Nagar
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Chennai International Airport (20 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Chennai Central Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Chennai ISBT
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Chennai
Read more: Shopping Therapy in Chennai
9. Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
Located in the hills of the Dindigul District of Tamil Nadu, this cool and pleasant hill station is an amazing place to visit right after the monsoon. This picturesque location is filled with deep valleys, quaint little waterfalls, lakes, and luscious hills. Kodaikanal remains among the most popular tourist destinations for South Indians. Mouth-watering food, great climate, and lovely locals make this a perfect place to unwind.
- Places to visit in Kodaikanal:Kodai Lake, Green Valley View, Thalaiyar Falls, Bear Shola Falls, Coakers Walk, Dolphin’s Nose (viewpoint), Bryant Park
- Things to do in Kodaikanal:Take an early morning stroll in the Coakers Walk. Take a relaxing boat ride in the Kodai Lake and let go of your day’s worries. Sip a hot glass of tea and gaze at the never-ending mountain ranges. Enjoy scrumptious South Indian breakfasts like idli, masala dosa, and vada from small local eateries.
- How to reach Kodaikanal
- Nearest Airport: Madurai Airport (132 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Palani railway station (66 km)
- Nearest Bus Stand: Kodaikanal bus Stand
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Kodaikanal
If there is one place in the country that is universally liked, it is Goa! The sandy beaches and comfortable shacks in this hip place leave visitors happy and sated. Goa does get hot during summers and most of the shacks and adventure activities remain closed in monsoon. Winters, especially November and December are the best months to enjoy the fun and flare of this state. The place gets all decked up for Christmas and New Year and parties happen around all the beaches making it the best place in India to visit in November.
- Places to visit in Goa: Beaches like Calangute, Baga, Anjuna, Butterfly, and Arambol, Fort Aguada, Chapora Fort, Dudhsagar Falls, Anjuna flea market, Basilica of Bom Jesus Church
- Things to do in Goa:Get your dose of adrenaline rush with water sports activities like scuba diving, parasailing, surfing, and snorkeling. Relax at a beach shack, sip your favourite drink, and gorge on fresh seafood. Try your luck in the ship casinos. Take a cruise around the Goan backwaters. Shop until you drop in the flea markets for colourful accessories, fun clothes, and handicrafts.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Dabolim Airport and Mopa Airport
- Nearest Train Station: Margao Railway Station and Vasco-da-Gama Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Margao Bus Stand and Panjim Bus Stand
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Goa
11. Hampi, Karnataka
Hampi is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Karnataka. Named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Hampi was once the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire and has the remains of more than 1600+ architecturally brilliant monuments, temples, and palaces. Hampi, with its ruins and mines, gets very hot in summer. If you want to enjoy sightseeing, then plan a visit here between October and February. November sees a lot of tourists exploring the ruins.
- Places to visit in Hampi: Virupaksha Temple, Vitahala Temple, Queen’s Bath, the Matanga Hills, Old Palace, Anjenaya Hill and Temple, Hippie Island
- Things to do in Hampi:Rent a scooter and explore the different nooks and corners of Hampi like a local! Climb up the Matanga Hill and watch the glorious sunset. Take a Coracle ride on a rugged handmade boat across the Tungabhadra River. Stay in Hippie Island for some great food and experience.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Huballi Airport (143 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Hospet Junction (14 km)
- Nearest Bus Stand: Hampi Bus Stand
Pondicherry is a city close to Tamil Nadu and is lined by the beautiful southeast coastline. Pondicherry was colonised by the French and as a result, most buildings are inspired by French architecture. You will absolutely love the colourful streets lined with trees and the beaches and fishing villages that occupy the city. Pondicherry is also known for its beach resorts, cheap alcohol, and great food. Since summer gets very hot here, it is one of the pleasant places to visit in November.
- Places to visit in Pondicherry:Shri Aurobindo Ghosh Ashram, Pondicherry Beach, Paradise Beach, Basilica Of The Sacred Heart Of Jesus, Auroville, Rock Beach, Old Lighthouse, Pondicherry Museum
- Things to do in Pondicherry:Visit Auroville to enjoy seeing people of international communities living together in harmony. Munch on roasted peanuts and sit and watch the beautiful rock beach in action. Rent a bicycle and roam the streets of Pondicherry. Take a stroll at Yanam Beach.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Pondicherry Airport (6 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Puducherry Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Pondicherry Bus Station
- Places to Stay: Hotels in Pondicherry
Places to Stay in November in Eastern India
13. Shillong, Meghalaya
The picturesque hill station of Shillong in Meghalaya is known for its abundant natural beauty and beautiful landscape featuring scenic waterfalls, azure lakes, and verdant rolling hills. A vacation in this city, renowned as the ‘Scotland of the East’, in the month of November will certainly become one of your most memorable outings with friends or family. It is an amazing picturesque place to visit in November in India. When you come here, catch the mesmerizing view of the city’s landscape from the top of Shillong Peak and when you visit Umiam Lake, a boat ride is a must!
- Places to visit in Shillong:Shillong Peak, Umiam Lake, Lady Hydari Park, Air Force Museum, Laitlum Canyons, Ward’s Lake, Sohpetbneng Peak, Don Bosco Museum, and Phan Nonglait Park
- Things to do in Shillong:Enjoy a boat ride at Umiam Lake, sample local delicacies, camp at Khasi Hills, go on David Scott trail to explore the beauty of the city, witness the view of the enchanting Elephant Falls and shop at Bara Bazaar
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Shillong Airport (32 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Guwahati Railway Station (105 km)
- Nearest Bus Stand: Shillong Bus Terminal
One of the largest forest areas across the world, Sunderbans is located on the delta of the Brahmaputra, Ganga, and Meghna rivers. The area has a complex network of mangrove forests, mudflats, and tidal waterways and is known for its rich fauna, including the Royal Bengal Tiger, freshwater crocodiles, the Indian python, and over 260 species of birds. Exploring the Sunderbans National Park and Sajnekhali Bird Sanctuary should be on top of your list of things to do in Sunderbans. It is the best place to visit in India in November for nature and wildlife enthusiasts. Besides, you can take local village tours and enjoy fascinating views of the area from the watchtowers.
- Places to visit in Sunderbans: Sunderbans National Park, Kanak, Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower, Sajnekhali Bird Sanctuary, Halliday Island, and Netidhopani
- Things to do in Sunderbans:Spot the mighty Royal Bengal Tiger at the national park, indulge in birdwatching at Sajnekhali Bird Sanctuary, take a tour of the local villages and witness crocodiles at Bhagabatpur
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Netaji Subhash Chandra International Airport, Kolkata (129 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Canning Railway Station (42 km)
- Nearest Bus Stand: Sundarban Chowmatha Bus Stop
15. Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh
About 115 km from Itanagar, Ziro is a charming little town in Arunachal Pradesh that has become popular in the recent past. The town is habited by the Apa Tani Tribe who are exquisitely dressed and always helpful to tourists. The town looks like it is straight out of a fairy tale complete with paddy fields, green mountain ranges, and clean-flowing rivers. If you are looking for some calm places to visit in November then Ziro is perfect.
- Places to visit in Ziro: Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, Meghna Cave Temple, Tarin Fish Farm, Orchid Research Centre, Dolo Mando Mountains, Kile Pakho Ridge
- Things to do in Ziro: If you are a trekker, the Kile Pakho Ridge is one of the best places to trek to. The view from here is astounding and panoramic and you can see miles and miles of greenery and paddy fields from here. Another mountain that trekkers find challenging is the Dolo Mando. Trekking trips are arranged regularly here. White water rafting in the Kameng River is also a must-experience activity.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Lilabari Airport (137 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Naharlagun (95 km) and North Lakhimpur (120 km)
- Nearest Bus Stand: Ziro Bus Stand
Places to visit in November in Western India
16. Pushkar, Rajasthan
One of the most popular pilgrimage sites in the country, Pushkar in Rajasthan is home to the famous Pushkar Lake, where hundreds of devotees take a holy dip every year. Its 52 ghats, surrounded by the blue-colored temples and devotees in their high spirits, are a sight to behold. In November, the city holds the world-famous Camel Fair, an event that you should definitely be a part of!
- Places to visit in Pushkar:Pushkar Lake, Varah Temple, Rangji Temple, Savitri Temple, Brahma Temple, Man Mahal, Mahadeva Temple, Kishangarh, Rose Garden, and Naga Pahar
- Things to do in Pushkar:Go on a camel safari, get a bird’s eye view of the town on a hot air balloon ride, be a part of the evening aarti at Varah Ghat, hike to Ratnagiri Hill, shop at Pushkar Market, enjoy Kalbelia dance performance and get mesmerized at Pushkar Fair.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Jaipur Airport (130 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Pushkar Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Pushkar Bus Terminal
17. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Jaisalmer is a beautiful city in Rajasthan and is also popularly known as the ‘Golden City’, thanks to its enormous sand dunes and royal forts and castles. Jaisalmer is situated in the heart of the Thar Desert and gets very hot and uncomfortable during summer. November is the best time to revel in the beauty of the desert and explore the majestic landmarks in the area.
- Places to visit in Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer Fort, Desert National Park, Gadisar Lake, Kuldhara Village, Lodhruva Jain Temple, Battle of Longewala, Patwon Ji Ki Haveli, and Jaisalmer Fort Palace Museum
- Things to do in Jaisalmer: Take a camel ride and explore the sandy desert like royalty. Camp overnight in the desert under the starry sky with nothing, but sand around you. Explore the Jaisalmer Fort and get to know its history. Shop around the city and buy colourful handicrafts, Havelis, camel leather products, and rugs and shawls.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Jaisalmer Airport (12.6 km from the centre)
- Nearest Train Station: Jaisalmer Railway Station
- Nearest Bus Stand: Jaisalmer Bus Depot
18. Bharatpur, Rajasthan
If you stay in and around Rajasthan, make sure to visit Bharatpur in the month of November. This is located about 40 km from Mathura and houses the popular Keoladeo National Park. November is the best month to spot rare birds here. Bharatpur’s forts and palaces are a beautiful integration of Mughal and Rajput architecture and are great places to explore when the climate is pleasant. It is one of the best places to go in November in India if you are looking for less crowd and peace.
- Places to visit in Bharatpur: Bharatpur Palace, Bharatpur Museum, Keoladeo National Park, Lohagarh Fort, Lakshman Mandir, Bankey Bihari Temple, and Government Museum
- Things to do in Bharatpur: Attach powerful lenses to your cameras and head over to the Keoladeo National Park to spot rare species of birds like the Siberian Crane. Soak in the heritage and culture of Bharatpur by exploring the royal palace. The shops around the main city centre are filled with handicrafts, Bandhej fabric, handmade jewellery, and home décor items. You can have a great time bargaining and shopping here.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Agra Airport (56 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Bharatpur Junction
- Nearest Bus Stand: Bharatpur Bus Depot
19. Gir, Gujarat
Want to see majestic lions in their natural habitat? Head over to Gir. The Gir National Park is the only place in India where you can find wild lions roaming free. There are about 500+ lions here and you can also enjoy glimpses of hundreds of birds, reptiles, and other animals in the National Park. Gir is a city in Gujarat and for wildlife safaris it is one of the best places to visit in November.
- Places to visit in Gir: Gir National Park, Devalia Safari Park, Somnath Temple, Nalsarovar Lake, Uperkot Fort, Kamleshwar Dam, Mahabat Maqbara
- Things to do in Gir: Get on an adventure open-top jeep safari tour of the Gir Forest. Spot lions wandering around in your vicinity and take great photos. Plan a trip to the Nalsarovar Lake for bird watching. Enjoy your visit to the popular Somnath Temple built along the seashores. Shop for handicrafts, cheap textiles, and Patola silk sarees from the markets around the national park.
- How to Reach
- Nearest Airport: Keshod Airport, Gujarat (70 km)
- Nearest Train Station: Junagadh Railway Station (80 km)
- Nearest Bus Stand: Sasan Gir Bus Stand
Places to Visit in India by Month:
Places to Visit in November FAQs:
Q: Are there any important festivals celebrated in India in November?
A: Yes, a lot of festivals are celebrated across different regions, religions, and cultures in India in November. A few noteworthy ones are the Pushkar Camel Fair in Rajasthan, Majuli Festival in Assam, the Wangla Festival in Meghalaya, Guru Nanak Gurpurab in Amritsar, Rann Utsav in Kutch, and the Matsya Festival in Rajasthan.
Q: Is November a good time to trek around India?
A: November is a very pleasant time to trek in India. The trekking paths, hills, and mountains are fresh after the monsoons and trekking is easy and muck-free. You can choose between easy, moderately challenging, or challenging paths and enjoy the hike.
Q: What are the best places in South India to visit in November?
A: Most South Indian tourist spots always get very hot in summer and hence November is a very agreeable time to travel to the southern states. Some of the top places you can visit in November are cities like Bangalore, Chennai, and Hyderabad, hill stations like Ooty, Kodaikanal, and Coorg, and beach destinations like Goa, Gokarna, Pondicherry, and Vishakhapatnam.
Q: What are the top places to visit with friends in India this November?
A: If you are travelling in India with friends, then some of the best places to visit in India during November are Goa, Pondicherry, Manali, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Gokarna, Lonavala, Rann of Kutch, and Kodaikanal.
Q. Where to go in November in India?
A. Hampi, Coorg, Varkala, Pushkar, Jaisalmer, Bharatpur, Tarkali, and Kodaikanal are some of the best places to visit in November in India.
Q: What are the top honeymoon spots to cover in November in India?
A: November is a great month to enjoy a cool climate and exceptional views in most parts of India. Some of the top places you can go for your honeymoon in November are Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Goa, hill stations like Kodaikanal and Munnar, Shillong, Alleppey and Wayanad in Kerala, Mahabaleshwar, and Pondicherry.