A weekend in Jaipur can never go dull. Whether you are a history lover, foodie or shopaholic, there’s a lot to do and experience in the city. The best part about spending a weekend in Jaipur is that you won’t have to use any leaves to take an off. So, what are you waiting for? Book a hotel in Jaipur and go by our list of things to do in Jaipur this weekend.
1. Visit Museums
Albert Hall is the oldest museum in Rajasthan. If you want to explore the cultural aspect of Jaipur, visit this place. A fine example of Indo-Saracenic architecture and has a rich collection of jewelry, metal sculptures, carpets, paintings, and other artifacts. An Egyptian mummy is the catch of the place.
- Location: Adarsh Nagar
- Timings: 09:00 am – 05:00 pm; 07:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Entry Fee: ₹ 40 (day visit); ₹ 100 (night visit)
Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing is slowly getting the attention of locals and tourists alike. A haveli was transformed into a museum to spread awareness about block printing. The museum has UNESCO certification. There are over hundred garments in the museum, demonstrating work related to block carving and print making.
- Location: Kheri Gate, Amber
- 10:30 am – 05:00 pm (Tuesday – Saturday)
- 11:00 am – 04:30 pm (Sunday)
- Entry Fee: ₹25
City Palace is a unique complex consisting of many gardens, temples, palaces and pavilions. It was constructed by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in the 1th century. Reflecting a blend of Mughal and Rajput architectures, the palace is a royal residence, particularly Chandra Mahal. A guided tour of the palace is highly recommended as the place has several structures of historical significance and extensive museum collections.
- Timings: 09:30 am – 05:00 pm
- Entry Fee: ₹ 100 for exterior spaces and ₹ 130 for museum
2. Indulge in Adventure Activities
Nahargarh is a majestic fort with architecture influenced by Indian and European styles. Whether you are a local or tourist, cycling to the fort is an amazing way to explore it and spend a great time. When you are tired of the expedition, head to Padao, an open restaurant-cum- bar to grab a quick bite and refresh yourself. You can join a cycling group to make the whole experience even more memorable.
- Timings: 10:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Entry Fee: ₹ 20
- Group Cycling Tour Cost: Approximately ₹ 1500
Amer Fort is one of the most popular attractions in Jaipur. While the place is mesmerizing in itself, what adds to the charm is the 20-minute elephant ride that will drop you at the massive entrance. Make sure that you reach the spot early; else you might have to stand in a long queue. You will be brought back from the fort by a Jeep.
- Timings: Fort: 08:00 am – 05:30 pm; 06:30 pm – 09:15 pm
- Entry Fee: ₹ 25
- Elephant Ride Cost: Approximately ₹ 900
Hot Air Balloon Safari
If the idea of a perfect weekend means adventure to you, Jaipur isn’t going to disappoint you. Hot air balloon ride is one of the most popular adventure activities in Jaipur. The balloon safari is held near Jamnalal Bajaj Road, and will take you over attractions like Jal Mahal, City Palace, and Jantar Mantar. You can get in touch with operators in the city to get more information about this adventure sport and book a package.
- Cost: ₹ 7500 – 12000
3. Taste Rajasthani Food
Eggy Delights at Sanjay Omelette
Jaipur has many places serving delicious omelette, and Sanjay Omelette is one of the most recommended names on the list. They serve spicy omelette in different flavors with a variety of chutneys.
- Location: Janta Store Shopping Centre, University Marg, Bapu Nagar
- Timings: 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Cost for Two: ₹ 450
Paneer Pakoras at Saras Parlour
A weekend in Jaipur is incomplete without tasting hot, crispy pakoras. You will find many vendors along the streets selling pakoras early in the morning and evening. We recommend tasting the much-loved paneer pakoras at Saras Parlour.
- Location: Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Malviya Nagar
- Timings: 12:00 pm – 12:00 am
- Cost for Two: ₹ 250
Ghevar & Rajasthani Thali at Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar
If you have a sweet tooth, head to Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar, popularly known as LMB. The shop is famous for ghevars, but their traditional Rajasthani thali is also worth trying. You can also have other food items from a la carte menu at their restaurant.
- Location: Johari Bazar
- Timings: 08:00 am – 11:00 am
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1000
Pyaz Kachoris at Rawat Mishthan Bhandar
There won’t be a single local who doesn’t know Rawat Mishthan Bhandar. The place serves the tastiest and crispiest onion kachoris in town. When you want to have a heavy, traditional breakfast without spending a lot, check out Rawat Mishthan Bhandar.
- Location: Station Road, Sindhi Camp
- Timings: 06:00 am – 10:30 pm
- Price for Two: ₹ 750
4. Stay at a Heritage Hotel
FabHotel Dior is a heritage property with 25 artistically designed rooms. All the rooms are well-lit, airy, and equipped with modern amenities, such as LCD TV, hot and cold running water, and AC. The hotel is close to several landmark monuments like City Palace and Hawa Mahal. Expect your stay to be truly relaxing and memorable.
- Location: Karbala Chourha, Ramgarh Mode
Sugan Niwas Palace
Built in early nineteen forties, Sugan Niwas is a colonial palace converted into a heritage boutique hotel. Situated in the center of the city, the hotel is surrounded by landscaped gardens, to make your stay peaceful. The hotel has 18 double rooms with attached bathrooms, along with a swimming pool, spa and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
- Location: Vijay Path, Bani Park
5. Explore the Wildlife
Jaipur Zoo is located next to Albert Hall. If you are visiting Jaipur with kids, it is a great place to spend a day. The zoo has many species of animals, including lions, deer, tigers, and panthers. Plus, you will love the chirping of birds and the greenery around.
- Location: Ram Niwas Garden, Kailash Puri
- 08:30 am – 05:30 pm (March – October)
- 09:00 am – 05:00 pm (November – February)
- Closed on Tuesday
- Entry Fee: ₹ 15
Nahargarh Biological Park
Nahargarh Biological Park is the ultimate place to be for wildlife enthusiasts. Hop on a Jeep to get deep into the jungle, spread in an area of more than 7.2 sq. km. The place is home to Bengal tigers, Himalayan black beers, Asiatic lions, hyenas, wild boar, deer etc.
- Location: NH-48, Kukas
- 08:30 am – 05:30 pm (15 March – 14 October)
- 09:00 am – 05:00 pm (15 October – 14 March)
- Entry Fee: ₹ 50
6. Shop till you Drop
Johari bazar is famous for meenakari jewelry. You will find many shops in a row, displaying intricately crafted pieces of jewelry. The market is also famous for block-printed and bandhani textiles.
- Timings: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
Tripolia Bazar and Chaura Rasta
If you are looking for lac bangles and jewelry, head to Tripolia Bazar and Chaura Rasta. It is also a great place to shop for furniture, textiles, carpets, utensils, blanket, and ironware.
- Timings: 10:30 am – 07:30 pm
Bapu Bazar is one of the best places to buy mojari and products made from camel leather. When you have filled your bags with mojaris and leather items, you can check out handicrafts and gems in the market.
- Timings: 09:00 am – 08:00 pm
The List Doesn’t End Here:
- Watch theater performances at Ravindra Manch, one of the oldest theaters in the city. It is a hub for cultural activities that take place the entire day, almost every day.
- Attend art and culture festival at Jawahar Kala Kendra, especially if you are an art lover. A lot of festivals happen here around the year.
- Spend time at Kapoor Chand Kulish Smriti Van, a biodiversity forest on JLN Road. You will love the natural diversity and serenity here.
- Watch movie at Raj Mandir, which is the oldest movie theater in the city. The décor of the place is worth mentioning.
- Visit Chokhi Dhani to enjoy Rajasthani hospitality and food. Apart from the food and village ambiance, you will also enjoy folk dance performances and puppet shows.
The monuments, museums, markets and gardens in the ’Pink City’ are a testimony to its glorious past. When you are bored of everyday routine, there could not be a better destination to rejuvenate yourself over the weekend than Jaipur.
Recommended Hotels in Jaipur:
Use Coupon Code "FABSTAR", Get 30% Discount!