Bangalore is a bustling IT hub with lots of gardens and parks to laze around, but the city also has its share of super cool attractions. And some of these attractions are literally cool, like the Snow City where you can experience -5° Celsius temperatures even during scorching summers. Located in J.C Nagar, one of the prominent localities in Bangalore, this snow park spread across 12,500 square feet is made of edible and eco-friendly snow. An epicenter of snow-based activities and games, it counts among the largest indoor snow parks in South India and serves as a key attraction for kids and adults alike. Snow City is housed within the same complex as Fun World, a popular amusement park in Bangalore, and has other attractions like interactive games and 9D cinema as well.
How about planning a visit to this expansive theme park and indulging in some snowy delights? Read on to know more about Snow City, Bangalore such as its attractions, timings, entry fee, activities, and other useful details.
Snow City, Bangalore Information
|Location||Fun World Complex, J.C Nagar|
|Distance from Major Transportation Hubs||Cantonment Railway Station (3 km); KSR Bangalore City Railway Station (6 km); Kempegowda International Airport (31 km)|
|Nearest Metro Station||Cubbon Park (5 km)|
|Nearest Bus Stop||Fun World Munyreddy Palya (150 m)|
|Park Timings||10:15 am to 8:00 pm; every day|
|Session Timings||10:15 am to 11:00 am; 11:15 am to 12:00 pm; 12:15 pm to 1:00 pm; 1:15 pm to 2:00 pm; 2:15 pm to 3:00 pm; 3:15 pm to 4:00 pm; 4:15 pm to 5:00 pm; 5:15 pm to 6:00 pm; 6:15 pm to 7:00 pm; 7:15 pm to 8:00 pm|
|Duration of Sessions||45 minutes|
|Entry Fee||₹ 500 per person on weekdays; ₹ 600 per person on weekends (includes entry fee, activities, and winter gear)|
|9D Cinema Timings||10:30 am, 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm|
|9D Cinema Duration||10 to 15 minutes|
|9D Cinema Charges||₹ 100 per person; every day|
|Game Charges||₹ 50 per game; ₹ 250 for a combo of 10 games|
|Key Attractions||Igloos, snow castles, snow mountains, snow slides, snow tubes, snow rafting, snow dance floor, game zone, 9D cinema, etc.|
|Area||12,500 square feet|
Attractions at Snow City, Bangalore
Who said you must go to the land of Eskimos to see a snow hut or ice-cold countries like Switzerland to engage in snow adventure? Opened in 2012, Snow City offers a good range of attractions for visitors of all ages. These include:
- Snow-based Activities: The one-of-its-kind theme park will delight you with Igloos, snow castles, snow mountains, and toys and animal sculptures made of snow. Those who prefer seeking their adventurous side can engage in activities like Snow Tubes, Snow Slide, Snow Rafting, and more.
- Snow Dance: How about shaking a leg in sub-zero temperatures? Head off to the snow dance floor where you can groove with your family or buddies for a good 15 minutes with peppy music and colorful disco lights in the background.
- Birthday Parties: Planning a birthday party for your loved ones? This time, don’t use store-bought sprays to fabricate snow; instead, choose real snowfall. Snow City gives you the opportunity to host a one-of-its-kind birthday party and have oodles of fun complete with cake and candles.
- Interactive Games: The theme park also has a game zone where you can play interactive games. Super Alipine Racer, Pac-Man Smash, Mach Storm, Aliens Armageddon, Ice Bumping Car, Ducky Splash, Big Buck HD, Around the Road, Dead Heat Rider, Frost Island, After Dark, Ducky Splash, and Pirate’s Hook are some of the popular games here. You can choose to play these games individually by paying for each game or opt for a 10-game combo package.
- 9D Cinema: Another key attraction at Snow City is the 9D Cinema which gives you an immersive and multi-dimensional visual experience. The show, which is presented using the latest technologies, runs on nine different sessions, each having a duration of about 10 to 15 minutes.
Read also – Places to visit in Bangalore
Snow City, Bangalore: Useful Tips and Information
- Snow City will provide you all necessary winter gear such as gloves, snow boots, and jackets to ensure your comfort and safety. You must wear this outfit before entering the activity area and return it after the session.
- You must report at the entry lounge at least half an hour before the session and collet the winter gear.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and avoid carrying valuables and jewelry.
- Pregnant women, children below two years of age, and people suffering from heart conditions, cold, allergy, fever, etc. are advised not to enter the snow area.
- It is mandatory to wear socks. You can bring your socks or purchase a pair from the counter at Snow City.
Other Attractions at the Fun World Complex
Snow City is part of the Fun World Complex, one of the best and oldest entertainment hubs in Bangalore. The complex, in addition to the snow theme park, houses an amusement park named Fun World, a water park named Water World, and a bowling alley named Wow World.
- Top attractions at Fun World: Mini Columbus, Flying Appu, Octopus, UFO, Scream Tower, Swing Chair, Panic Car, Dashing Clock, Tsunami, The Sky Drop, The Palace Eye, Skyscraper, Orbit, Power Surge, etc.
- Top attractions at Water World: Hurricane Cone, Kids’ Pool and Slides, Lazy River, Fountain Dance, Rain Dance, Mushroom Showers, Cyclone, Hurricane, Wave Pool, Boomerang, Dragon Slide, etc.
- Top attractions at Wow World: Over 60 stimulator arcade games and a 12-lane bowling alley.
Attractions near Snow City Bangalore
- Sankey Tank (3 km)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium (3 km)
- Mary’s Basilica (4 km)
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath (4 km)
- Cubbon Park (4.5 km)
- Bangalore Palace (5 km)
- National Gallery of Modern Art (5 km)
- Mark’s Cathedral (5km)
- Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park (5 km)
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple (5 km)
- Vidhan Soudha (6 km)
- Ulsoor Lake (6 km)
- ISKCON Temple (6 km)
Pubs and Restaurants near Snow City Bangalore
Located in one of the most happening areas in the city, Snow City offers you easy access to many top restaurants and pubs in Bangalore including:
- Luqma Restaurant
- Raj Pavilion
- Sattvam Restaurant
- Empire Restaurant
- Elements Eatery
- La Brasserie
- 7 Plates
- Vishnu Garden Vegetarian Restaurant
- The Punjabi Rasoi
Malleshwaram, one of the best street food places in Bangalore, is also located about 5 km from here. Other prominent hubs in the city like M.G Road and Commercial Street are also located close to the locality. So, after enjoying the snowy delights at Snow City, head out to explore other attractions in Central Bangalore and soak in the vibrant nightlife the city is famous for.
Recommended Hotels in Bangalore:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!