Delhi, being the heart of the nation, attracts both leisure and business tourists throughout the year. However, the COVID pandemic had brought all the hustle and bustle to a standstill for a while. The travel scene started to revive again slowly when the Vande Bharat Mission (VBM) came into effect. And today, apart from stranded Indian citizens who are flying back from other countries, people from other states can travel to Delhi too. However, you need to keep the following Delhi quarantine rules in mind for a safe and convenient trip.
Delhi Quarantine Rules for International Passengers
Here are the rules to bear in mind if you are an international passenger:
- Undergo home quarantine for 14 days
- Upload a negative RT-PCR report conducted within 72 hours before the scheduled departure (exemption to those travelling due to ‘death in the family’)
- All international travellers to submit a self-declaration form on Air Suvidha Portal.
- All passengers must download the Aarogya Setu app and undergo thermal screening.
Check-out these recommended Quarantine hotels in Delhi– 100% Disinfected, Safe & Convenient
Delhi Quarantine Rules for Domestic Flights
Domestic passengers have to abide by the following regulations:
- All passengers arriving from Maharashtra will have to get the RT-PCR test conducted within 72 hours of boarding the flight. Those arriving without the RT-PCR negative report will have to undergo 14 days mandatory institutional quarantine.
- In case you are arriving at the Delhi Airport and have another connecting flight, no quarantine is required. But, you should check your destination rules.
- The Aarogya Setu app must be installed by all passengers.
Read these State-wise Quarantine Rules to Avoid any Inconvenience
Delhi Quarantine Rules for Train Travel
If you are travelling to or from Delhi by train, keep the following points in mind:
- The entry and exit
- at the following railway stations will be at the locations mentioned below
- Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station – Bhogal
- New Delhi Railway Station – Paharganj and Ajmeri Gate
- Delhi Junction Railway Station – Chandni Chowk
- Make sure you reach the railway station at least 90 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.
- Only those who have confirmed tickets and no COVID symptoms will be allowed to board the train. If you have a confirmed ticket but show symptoms, your ticket cost will be refunded.
- Social distancing must be followed at all times and the Aarogya Setu app needs to be installed. You must wear mask at all times.
- Passengers should carry their own water and food. No food will be provided on the train.
- Blankets or linen won’t be provided on the train.
Apart from the above mentioned Delhi quarantine details, also note that you will not need an e-pass or any other permission to travel by road, to say Noida or Gurgaon. However, authorities at state borders might check your health status on the Aarogya Setu app, installed on your phone, before letting you pass. You can also call the Delhi quarantine helpline number 011-23978046 in case of any emergency or more information.