Delhi, being the heart of the nation and a city steeped in history, attracts both leisure and business tourists throughout the year. However, the COVID pandemic had brought all the hustle and bustle to a standstill for a while. The travel scene started to revive again slowly when the Vande Bharat Mission (VBM) came into effect. And today, apart from stranded Indian citizens who are flying back from other countries, people from other states can travel to Delhi too. However, you need to keep the following Delhi quarantine rules in mind for a safe and convenient trip.
Delhi Quarantine Rules for International Passengers
Here are the rules to bear in mind if you are an international passenger:
- In case you are arriving on a VBM flight and wish to exit the Delhi Airport, you must undergo institutional quarantine of 7 days and home quarantine of 7 days.
- Those who are arriving at Delhi Airport on a VBM flight and have connecting flights to other Indian states don’t need to undergo quarantine. But this only holds if you are not exiting the airport.
- If you are arriving on a non-VBM international flight at Delhi Airport and have no other connecting flight, you have to go for institutional quarantine of 7 days, followed by home quarantine of 7 days.
- Those passengers who arrive at Delhi Airport on a non-VBM flight and have connecting flights to other states have to undergo 7 days of institutional quarantine. So, check the latest protocol listed by the government before you book a connecting flight from Delhi.
- In case you are arriving on a VBM flight and intend to travel to another state via road, you have to undergo 7 days of institutional and 7 days of home quarantine.
- All passengers must download the Aarogya Setu app and undergo thermal screening.
Checkout these recommended Quarantine hotels in Delhi– 100% Disinfected, Safe & Convenient
Delhi Quarantine Rules for Domestic Flights
Domestic passengers have to abide by the following regulations:
- Passengers who are flying from a different state and wish to exit the Delhi airport have to undergo home quarantine of 7 days.
- In case you are arriving at the Delhi Airport and have another connecting flight, no quarantine is required. But, you should check your destination rules.
- If you are arriving via a domestic flight and then taking an international (VBM or non-VBM) flight without leaving the Delhi airport, you don’t need to undergo quarantine.
- Those who are arriving at Delhi Airport via domestic flights and wish to travel to other states via road will have to undergo home quarantine of 7 days.
- The Aarogya Setu app must be installed by all passengers.
Delhi Quarantine Rules for Train Travel
If you are travelling to or from Delhi by train, keep the following points in mind:
- The entry and exit at the following railway stations will be at the locations mentioned below
- Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station – Bhogal
- New Delhi Railway Station – Paharganj and Ajmeri Gate
- Delhi Junction Railway Station – Chandni Chowk
- Make sure you reach the railway station at least 90 minutes before the scheduled time of departure.
- Only those who have confirmed tickets and no COVID symptoms will be allowed to board the train. If you have a confirmed ticket but show symptoms, your ticket cost will be refunded.
- Social distancing must be followed at all times and the Aarogya Setu app needs to be installed. You must wear mask at all times.
- Passengers should carry their own water and food. No food will be provided on the train.
- Blankets or linen won’t be provided on the train.
Apart from the above mentioned Delhi quarantine details, also note that you will not need an e-pass or any other permission to travel by road, to say Noida or Faridabad. However, authorities at state borders might check your health status on the Aarogya Setu app, installed on your phone, before letting you pass. You can also call the Delhi quarantine helpline number 011-22307145 in case of any emergency or more information.