All You Need to Know about COVID Vaccination Certificate
When the COVID pandemic first broke out, no one had probably guessed how dramatically life would change. But it did. And it still hasn’t gone back to normal. However, vaccination drives have given us some hope and we no longer feel completely helpless against the deadly and constantly mutating virus. In fact, apart from giving us confidence, a vaccination certificate has many other benefits and can make life a tad easier. Read on to know all about it.
What is COVID Vaccination Certificate
A COVID vaccination certificate is a verifiable record or proof of vaccination issued by the government. It is an important document that offers a confirmation that the beneficiary has been vaccinated against the novel coronavirus disease. A COVID-19 certificate also carries details of the type of vaccine administered along with the date and place. Additionally, the certificate also serves as proof of vaccination for airlines, railways and other entities.
Benefits of Vaccination Certificate
A COVID vaccination certificate is validation or proof that you have completed your vaccination course. This vaccination certificate serves as a permit to avail air, rail and road travel services around the country and overseas. You may also require proof of vaccination to gain access to certain workplaces, hotels, restaurants, gyms, parks and other places. Other benefits include:
- It helps travellers to avoid mandatory quarantine requirements
- It helps passengers to avoid undergoing an RT-PCR test on arrival
How to Download COVID Vaccination Certificate from Different Apps
After getting immunised, you can download the vaccination certificate from different apps by following these simple steps:
- Open the Co-WIN Vaccinator App on your smartphone and click on the 3 dots on the top right corner and then on the Vaccination Services tab.
- Next, click on the Download Certificate tab and enter your registered mobile number for OTP.
- Upon entering the OTP, you will be redirected to a page where you can see your vaccination details.
- Click on the Certificate tab on the same page and download your COVID Vaccination Certificate or Co-WIN certificate.
Aarogya Setu app
- Download the Aarogya Setu app on your phone from Play Store or iOS App Store.
- Now, enter your registered mobile number and OTP to log in.
- After entering personal details, you will be directed to the main page of the app.
- Click on Co-WIN on the top right corner and go to the Vaccination Certificate tab.
- Enter your 14-digit beneficiary reference ID and click on Get Certificate.
- Now, click the Download tab to get your online COVID vaccination certificate.
- Download the DigiLocker app on your phone from Play Store or iOS App Store.
- Complete the registration process by entering your name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, Aadhaar number and other details.
- After signing up, you will be directed to the main page of the DigiLocker app.
- Click on the Issued Documents tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, click on the COVID Vaccine Certificate download tab to get your COVID vaccine certificate online.
- Download the Umang app on your phone from Play Store or iOS App Store.
- You will be asked to select a preferred language and register on the app.
- After registering, go to the Categories section and click on the Certificates tab.
- You will see many tabs at the top of the screen. Look for the Health tab and click on it.
- Next, click on Co-WIN and then on the Vaccination Certificate download
- Enter your mobile number and OTP for verification.
- On the Co-WIN page, confirm beneficiary name and download the COVID Vaccine Certificate PDF.
Hence, with the help of these apps, you can easily download your COVID 2nd vaccine certificate or COVID complete vaccination certificate on your mobile device.
How to Update Passport Details in Vaccine Certificate
Here’s how you can update passport details in your COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate and link both the documents for hassle-free travel:
- Visit the Co-WIN website or app and log in with your registered mobile number.
- Once you log in, you will be redirected to the Account Details page.
- On the redirected page, click on ‘Raise an Issue’.
- Next, click on ‘Add Passport Details to my vaccination certificate’.
- Now, select the member’s name whose passport details you want to add.
- Enter the date of birth and passport number, check the declaration box and submit the request.
After completing all these steps, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number. You will also receive another message later, confirming the addition of passport details to your COVID certificate.
Countries Recognising India’s Vaccine Certificate
Currently, 108 countries recognise India’s COVID-19 vaccination certificate including the following:
Australia, Belarus, Bangladesh, Estonia, The UAE, The UK, Georgia, Hungary, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Mongolia, Mauritius, Nepal, Nicaragua, Germany, France, The Philippines, Palestine, Singapore, Switzerland, San Marino, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Sweden, the USA and Ukraine.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do I need a vaccination certificate?
A vaccination certification is proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine. It particularly comes in handy when travelling within India and abroad. Many hotels, pilgrimage sites as well as public and private sector companies have made vaccination certificates mandatory for all.
How to change my mobile number in the vaccination certificate?
You can follow these simple steps to change your mobile number on your vaccination certificate:
- Go to the Co-WIN portal and login with your registered mobile number.
- On the Accounts Details page, click on ‘Raise an Issue’.
- Select ‘Transfer a member to new mobile number’.
- On the next page, select the name of the member to transfer.
- Under ‘Transfer Member’, enter the new mobile number, check the declaration box and click on Continue.
- You will receive an OTP on the new number. Enter it on the website to complete the process.
Be careful when you are changing the mobile number as this is an irreversible process.
How to Link Passport with Vaccine Certificate?
Here’s how you can link your passport with your COVID-19 vaccination certificate:
- Go to Co-WIN app or website and enter your registered mobile number and password to log in. You can also choose to log in with OPT.
- On the Accounts Details page, click on ‘Raise an Issue’.
- Choose ‘Add passport details to my vaccination certificate’ from the given options and fill all the fields correctly. Make sure you enter the passport number correctly as you will not be allowed to modify it later.
- Check the declaration box and hit on ‘Submit Request’.
You will receive a text message on your registered mobile number, confirming your request. A few minutes later, you will receive another message confirming that your passport details have been added to your COVID vaccine certificate