“This is Eat Street, where you will find the most daring and delicious street food around”, says James Cunningham as each new episode of the hugely popular culinary series, Eat St., begins. The show was a hit, not only with viewers but also with restaurateurs; in fact, so much with the latter community that many have entered the food truck business in the last 1-2 years. Be it Delhi, Mumbai or Gurgaon, food trucks are cropping up everywhere, putting their own spin on street food classics and some even inventing new dishes. Pune is witnessing a similar revolution, and there are already a large number of food trucks that you must try if you are a true foodie and want something different from the regular (but extremely tasty) street food of Pune.
Food Trucks in Pune (List):
|The Mexican Rodeo||Kalyani Nagar|
|Henny’s Gourmet||Kedari Nagar, Wanowrie|
|Burgertron||Balevadi High Street, Baner|
|Boston Food Truck||Hinjewadi Road, Hinjewadi|
|Buddha’s Food Palace||Kedari Nagar, Wanowrie|
|Rastaman Soul Food||Balewadi High Street, Baner|
|L’Dorado||Near Medipoint Hospital|
|The Cheese Truck||mostly Viman Nagar|
|Indiano Grill||Sinhgad Road, Anand Nagar|
Here is everything you need to know about these food trucks in Pune and the dishes they are wooing locals and tourists with:
1. The Mexican Rodeo, Pune
The moment you see the bright red truck, you realise you are in for something ‘hot’…after all it’s Mexican food. Even if you don’t get the hint from its habanero-coloured exterior, you will once you see the big menu with the Mexican flag and the cowboy with sombrero painted at the back. In the short span of its operation, gourmands have already gone gaga over its quesadillas and burrito bowls. If you can’t handle spicy, ask the nice servers to dial down on the heat.
- Location: Next to The Bishop’s School, Palace View Society, Kalyani Nagar
- Timings: 4:30 pm to 10:45 pm
- Must-try: Burrito Bowl, Grilled Chicken Tacos, Chicken Super Nachos, Cheesy Bean Quesadillas
- Cost for Two: ₹ 500
You might also like: Top 12 Shopping Malls in Pune for the Perennial Shopper in You
2. Henny’s Gourmet, Pune
Starting business just 3 years ago, Henry’s Gourmet has already developed a loyal fan following. If you are up for something sweet in the evening, march straight towards this food truck in Pune for it will steal your heart away with their sinful waffles. And, not just regular waffles, but waffles topped with chocolate, whipped cream, Nutella and whatnot! The slathering is so dense that you won’t know where the topping ends and the actual waffle begins until you take a bite. You can get it in quarters, halves or the entire heavenly disc if you please. And, there is just one way to eat a waffle; you pick it up with your fingers (not forks or knives), take a big bite and let oodles of gooey topping give you a facial! Yum…
- Location: Girme Heights, Salunke Vihar Road, Kedari Nagar, Wanowrie
- Timings: 7:30 pm to 11:30 pm (Tue, Wed, Thurs and Sat) 7:30 pm to 11:00 pm (Fri)
- Must-try: Dark Belgian Chocolate Mousse, Caramel with Whipped Cream, Nutella with Whipped Cream
- Cost for Two: ₹ 300
3. Burgertron, Pune
Who doesn’t like a meaty, at the same time juicy, burger?! At Burgertron, you can expect some of the most decadent burgers in Pune. If the fact that there are now three Burgertron trucks in the city is anything to go by, your taste buds are bound to have a blast. And, it’s not just the burgers that have turned hordes of first-timers into regulars, but also the live cricket screenings. It is one of the longest operating food trucks in Pune, starting a little before noon and closing shutters late in the night, so you can imagine how much people love it. Just get one of their burgers, which are served with a generous slathering of melted cheese on top and fries on the side, and you are done for the time being, if not for the entire day.
- Locations: Gate No. 1 Siemens, Balevadi High Street, Baner
- Near Kedari Petrol Pump, Wanowrie
- Food Truck Zone, Viman Nagar
- Timings: Baner – 11: 00 am to 12:00 am
- Wanowrie – 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm (Tue-Thurs); 5:00 pm to 12:00 am (Fri-Sun)
- 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm (Viman Nagar)
- Must-try: Teriyaki, Classic Chicken, All American, Mexican, Loaded Fries
- Cost for Two: ₹ 350
4. Boston Food Truck, Pune
A shining white beauty with the American flag painted on its side, this one is truly international. If you want to try something authentically American, this is the place you must come to as it brings to you the taste of Boston, MA. Apparently, the owner lives and operates several food trucks in Boston, but was, thankfully for his culinary fans, stuck in Pune with some visa issues. So, while he was here, he decided to open a food truck to let locals know what Boston food is like, and believe us, it is ‘a-mazing’. This is not a food truck which serves just one type of dishes but has a proper menu.
- Location: Opposite ICICI Bank, Near Dmart, Hinjewadi Road, Hinjewadi
- Timings: 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Must-try: Boston Chicken Hot Dog, Chicken Cheese Burger, Veggie Cheese Quesadillas, Veg Boston Pizza
- Cost for Two: ₹ 300
5. Buddha’s Food Palace, Pune
If this one were appearing in Eat St., James Cunningham would be sitting in a meditative posture with soothing music playing in the background, just because its name is Buddha’s Food Palace. By what regulars are saying, it serves some of the best Thai food in Pune outside a proper restaurant. The owner has lived in Thailand, so expect the taste to be nothing but authentic! One of the most thronged late night food trucks in Pune, it also serves your favourite Chinese dishes. Its menu has typical and some atypical offerings like noodles, fried rice, curries, soups and appetisers with loads of options for vegetarians too. Their portions are rather generous, so order with caution!
- Location: Kedari Nagar, Wanowrie
- Timings: 5:00 pm to 12:00 am (closed on Monday)
- Must-try: Chicken Man Chow Soup, Thai Basil Chicken Spring Roll, Thai Basil Paneer, Veg Thai Red Curry
- Cost for Two: ₹ 400
Also read: Top 10 Pubs and Nightclubs in Pune You Ought to Visit This Friday
6. Rastaman Soul Food, Pune
Though its name is “Soul Food”, it doesn’t serve the actual soul food popular in American states like Louisiana and Mississippi. This food truck is more about ‘comfort’ food and that too with a twist. Here, you can try Jamaican, Asian and even Bengali, Punjabi and Naga-inspired burgers! Wondering what the hell I am talking about? Well, they have a burger with butter chicken, one with Matar Paneer and even one with Kosha Mangsho. One of their burgers is even said to have a curry-infused South Indian taste! Now, that’s a twist you can’t miss out on. So, march straight down to Rastaman Soul Food, and let your culinary senses feel something like never before.
- Location: Balewadi High Street, Baner
- Timings: 6:00 pm to 12:00 am (Tue-Thurs)
- 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 12:00 am (Fri-Sun)
- Must-try: Soul Burger, Monster Green, Cheezy Paradise, Piri Piri Chicken, BC Masala, Mutton Masala Wrap
- Cost for Two: ₹ 250
7. L’Dorado, Pune
You consider the cuisine you can explore here; Indian, Continental, American, Mexican, Oriental and Italian, and you’d start to think this is a restaurant, but it is really a food truck with lots of options. Apart from a place offering food on wheels in Pune, L’Dorado is also a piece of art, with outlined images of iconic tourist attractions, such as the Statue of Liberty, Sydney Opera House, Parthenon, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Eiffel Tower, some pagoda (I don’t know which exactly), and our beloved Taj Mahal. Anyway, coming back to the food…they’ve got your quintessential burgers (veg and non-veg), nachos, quick bites, fries and wings, along with desserts and few drinks. The next time you come here, come with an empty stomach and fat appetite because you are going to want to devour all they have. BTW, they have vegan options too!
- Location: New Aundh-Baner Link Road, Near Medipoint Hospital, Aundh
- Timings: 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm (only Tue-Wed)
- Must-try: Bang Bang Chicken Burger, Jack’s Vegan Burger, Peri Peri Wings, Cheesy Fries, Chicken Ghee Roast Burger
- Cost for Two: ₹ 500
8. The Cheese Truck, Pune
I’m not going to tell you what this brightly painted food truck in Pune is all about because you might have already figured it out by now….cheese! But, don’t worry for they are not going to give you a cheese sampler. The Cheese Truck is known for its hot-from-the-girdle sandwiches, all of which come with insane amounts of cheese. So, if you have health tantrums, stay away. Others, you are going to love this place because not only are their dishes superb, but also unique. To wash it all down, they also offer cool drinks. Oh, and just so you know, it opens till a couple of hours before morning; hence, perfect for a really late-night pig out session.
- Location: Variable; mostly Viman Nagar
- Timings: 12:00 pm to 3:30 am
- Must-try: Stoners’ Chicken Sandwich, Creamy Spinach, Corn & Cheese Subwich, Grilled Cheese Subwich, Masala Chicken Sandwich
- Cost for Two: ₹ 250
9. Indiano Grill, Pune
Last, but one of the first to bring the food on wheels concept to the city, Indiano Grill is also one of the few food trucks in Pune with seating. One of the dishes it serves is sure found on the streets but at stalls, not food trucks…Pune’s own Misal Pav. What’s more? They also offer pulao…So, basically, it’s an international concept with a Desi twist or rather, Desi ‘un-twist’. Their USP, however, is their wood-fired pizzas that are a rage among locals. They don’t even have waiting time, which doesn’t mean that they are not popular and there are not many people here, but that their service is super swift and efficient. So, get your gang and head to Indiano Grill for a scrumptious meal prepared with love.
- Location: Sinhgad Road, Anand Nagar
- Timings: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm (closed on Thurs)
- Must-try: Chicken Pulav, Chicken Roast, BBQ Chicken Wings, Chulivarchi Misal Pav, Veg Supreme Pizza, Cheese Poppers
- Cost for Two: ₹ 400
There are loads of restaurants in Pune, but these food trucks are really stirring up a culinary revolution. So, the next time you are exploring the famous tourist attractions in Pune and stumble upon any of these or any other truck, give it a try. And, to know what all there is to do and see around Pune, follow our blog.
Recommended Hotels in Pune:
Use Coupon Code "STAYFAB", Get UPTO 60% Discount!