The Western part of India proudly heralds Pune as its beacon, not only as the student capital but also as a city that presents a plethora of exemplary food experiences to locals and travelers. Traditional Maharashtrian cuisine aside, restaurants in Pune are also champions when it comes to catering to Western cuisine fanatics and diners looking for Pan –Asian food. Your taste buds will have a wonderful time at some of these restaurants that we have hand-picked for you. So, here are the restaurants in the city that you must leave your hotel in Pune to dine at:
|All Restaurants shall ensure the following measures to contain the Spread of COVID-19:|
Best Restaurants in Pune (List):
|1000 Oaks||East Street, Camp|
|German Bakery||Koregaon Park|
|Yana Sizzlers and Wok||FC Road|
|Malaka Spice||Koregaon Park|
|Baan Tao||Hyatt Pune|
1. Vaishali, Pune
A blog on city restaurants cannot go by without including Vaishali, one of the best veg restaurants in Pune. The place is a legend when it comes to serving authentic South Indian food that transports you instantly to the land of idli-sambar. Vaishali defies all logic when it comes to peak hour rush, as more often than not, you are likely to find a huge waiting line at the restaurant, even at 7 in the morning. For a Punekar, the place is a food Mecca and for the vast student community of the city, it is god’s gift. This decades-old restaurant has its own fan following, which swears by the taste and authenticity of its food.
Nothing much has changed about this place in all these years; the food served as tasty as ever, the staff courteous, and the waiting list still serpentine at all times of the day. The lucky ones might even get to share a table with famous celebrities at times! may be you like food truck in Pune
- Location: FC Road, Pune
- Opening Hours: 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- What not to miss: SPDP (Sev Puri Dahi Puri), Mysore Dosa, Sabudana Vada, Veg Cutlet and Filter Coffee
- Cost for Two: ₹ 500 without alcohol
2. 1000 Oaks, Pune
1000 Oaks has a romantic vibe to it, making it one of the best restaurants in Pune for couples. This classy restaurant sporting a rustic look has both indoor and outdoor seating, which you can choose as per your preference and mood. The ambiance of the place is perfect for a Saturday night plan with your partner to enjoy good music and amazing food. One of the most popular restaurants in Camp, Pune, 1000 Oaks makes you fall in love with it instantly. Again, a favorite hangout of the thriving student community of the city, it brims with hungry diners in the evening, especially on weekends when you might have to a little before being seated.
- Location: East Street, Camp, Pune
- Opening Hours: 12:30 PM to 12:00 AM
- What not to miss: Barman’s Pitcher, LIIT, Nanza, and Masala French Fries
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1300 with alcohol
3. German Bakery, Pune
The Punekars swear by this cafe and those from overseas also throng it from morning to night. Off-late, the interiors of the good old bakery have been refurbished, but the essence of the place has stayed intact even after so many years of it serving lip-smacking delicacies. Leaving the bakery without getting their out-of-the-world Shrewsbury Biscuits packed, is almost considered a blasphemy in Pune. It is always full and you can spend the waiting time ogling at the sumptuous cakes and biscuits in the glass cabinets. German Bakery is almost a heritage spot for Punekars and it has continued to be their favorite. There is outdoor seating on the ground floor while the first floor of the bakery has indoor seating. The staff is courteous, the service is efficient and quick, and the food is heavenly.
- Location: Koregaon Park, Pune
- Opening Hours: 7:45 AM to 11:45 PM
- What not to miss: Keema Pav, Jerk Chicken, Red Velvet Cake, and Mango Cheesecake
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1100
4. Nisarg, Pune
Serving the foodies of Pune for almost a decade now, Nisarg is the go-to place for authentic Malvani, Goan, and Mangalorean seafood. The restaurant, which has a coastal vibe complete with palm trees, offers the option of both indoor as well as outdoor seating. Despite being one of the best seafood restaurants in the city, the place is reasonably priced. If you are a vegetarian and giving company to your seafood lover friends, then you need not be disappointed as the place also serves vegetarian starters, soups, and garden-fresh mains. The gorgeous seafood is well paired with their delicious kokum and Sol Kadhi, which is a coconut-infused drink, typical of the Malvan region.
- Location: Erandwane, Pune
- Opening Hours: 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM, 7:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- What not to miss: Surmai Tikka, Prawns Goan Curry, Tandoori Bangda and other fish dishes
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1300 with alcohol
5. Marz-O-Rin, Pune
Set up in an almost century-old building, Marz-O-Rin is one popular comes across as a cozy setup for diners. This restaurant in Camp, Pune is known for its affordable prices and handy takeaway food that will tingle your palate to no end. The menu has a variety of cakes, and desserts, all crying out loud to be tasted. Marz-O-Rin was one of the first restaurants-cum-cafe in Pune that made such snacks popular. The outside seating arrangement has been done in the balcony of the bungalow housing this restaurant that gives a splendid view of the street. The popular items from their new menu are their vegan bowl and vegan ice creams. Easy-on-the-pocket prices and delectable snacks give you a perfect reason to visit this place for small hunger pangs and or to satiate your sweet tooth.
- Location: MG Road, Camp, Pune
- Opening Hours: 8:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- What not to miss: Shrewsbury Biscuits, Whole-wheat Bread, Sitafal Shake
- Cost for Two: ₹ 300 without alcohol
6. Yana Sizzlers and Wok, Pune
When you talk about Pune’s food, you cannot get away without thinking about the iconic sizzlers of Yana. Currently, they have three outlets in Pune, and all three are abuzz with diners, who drool over their sizzlers. The joke that does the rounds in the city is that getting a table at Yana on weekends feels like an adventure, with the waiting time always around half an hour. Apart from a large variety of sizzlers, the place also serves some great American and barbeque dishes.
- Location: FC Road, Kalyani Nagar and MG Road, Pune
- Opening Hours: 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- What not to miss: Fried Ice Cream, Apple Pie, Shanghai Chicken, Paneer Shashlik Sizzler and Bbq Chicken Sizzler
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1000 without alcohol
7. Bounty’s, Pune
A contribution to the Parsi-owned restaurant community of Pune, Bounty’s is another iconic name among sizzler lovers in Pune. The decor is minimal, but the efficient service and amazing food make up for this lacuna. For vegetarians, there is a wide assortment of dishes, both in the sizzlers section and on the main menu.
- Location: Kalyani Nagar, Pune
- Opening hours: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM to 11:30 PM
- What not to miss: Beef Sizzlers (Cordon Bleu and Steak), Paneer Steak Style, Bbq Chicken, Chicken Shashlik
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1000 without alcohol
8. Malaka Spice, Pune
One of the best restaurants in Pune for dinner with your partner, Malaka Spice is sure to give you a great evening. The place is known for the creativity unleashed on the plates by their chef. With their Pan-Asian menu being reinvented every season, you will find an amazing array of fusion dishes from Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Burma. Malaka Spice is located at three locations in Pune, all three of which are a favorite of locals. Not only are the dishes innovative, but their names are also quite intriguing. All the dishes on the menu are classified into either of the two categories; ‘A Chef Cheeru Original’ and ‘Inspired not Imitated’. You can select your sinful delight from the street food section or the Asian fusion section, both being equally exotic.
- Location: Koregaon Park, Viman Nagar, and Baner, Pune
- Opening hours: 11:30 AM to 12:30 AM (Koregaon Park and Baner); 11:30 AM to 11:30 PM (Viman Nagar)
- What not to miss: Three Aunties & Three Grandmothers, Peranakan Spiced Chicken, Lamb Chops, Top Hats, Lotus Stem Tango, and Malay Grilled Chicken
- Cost for Two: ₹ 1500 with alcohol
9. Baan Tao, Pune
Even with most locals preferring cafe-style restaurants, and the student community finding those affordable, Pune does not by any means lack in fine-dining restaurants. One such gem in the culinary crown of Pune is Baan Tao. The restaurant is known for its Chinese and Thai cuisine, also hosting an Asian street food festival every Thursday, wherein dishes like dim sum parcels and Shabu Shabu Japanese hot pots are served. Styled on the theme of a tea lounge, the dining area offers a pleasing ambiance. There are Thai and Chinese pavilions inside the restaurant along with a faux waterfall that adds to its glitz.
- Location: Hyatt Pune, Kalyani Nagar, Pune
- Opening Hours: 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM, 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- What not to miss: Crunchy Papaya Salad, Sweet Tamarind-cooked Fish, Tom Yum Soup, and Som Tum Salad
- Cost for Two: ₹ 2500 with alcohol
10. Sen5es, Pune
World cuisine at its best is what describes Sen5es. The interiors have been done in a modern style to make them comfortable. Sen5es is a favorite among the expats of Pune for its global cuisine. Diners can see their dishes being prepared through the open kitchen that overlooks the vast dining room. Interiors of Sen5es include glistening wooden floors paired with glass panels that lend it a classy look, supplemented by the feeling of warmth given out by the decorative fires.
- Location: Marriott Suites Pune, Mundhwa
- Opening hours: 24 Hours
- What not to miss: Tomato and basil soup served in a rustic style, Fresh Caesar Salad, Fish and chips, and American T-bone steak
- Cost for Two: ₹ 2000 with alcohol
Many new restaurants in Pune are fast becoming favorites, but nothing beats the charm exuded by these old timers that make Punekars swoon at their amazing food. So, don’t wait up. The next time you are in the city, head straight to these places.
Recommended Hotels in Pune:
Use Coupon Code "FABSTAR", Get 30% Discount!