A wedding is one of the most important events of any individual’s life. The union of two hearts is a sacred ritual and it definitely needs to be celebrated in a grand manner. There was a time when it was only the royals who conducted a lavish wedding but not anymore. Now with a little bit of planning and a decent amount of savings, anyone can have a magnificent setup for their wedding. Destination weddings in India actually started off with the foreigners getting married the royal style and in some time, the trend picked up and became a craze among Indian couples. It is that time of the year again when wedding season has taken over everything else. Let’s take a look at the best spots that make your dreams turn into reality.
The City of Lakes, Udaipur in Rajasthan tops the list of destination weddings in India. Udaipur with its splendid royal backdrop, regal hospitality and imperial dining attracts couples from all across the world to make their day special. It hosts a number of heritage hotels and exotic fort locations which have a unique charisma to themselves. Some venues to be considered at Udaipur are Udaivilas, Devi Garh, City Palace, The Taj Lake Palace and Durbar Hall at Fateh Prakash Palace.
A wedding comprising sand dunes, camel rides, folk music and an aura soaked in the authentic culture of Rajasthan is definitely the perfect recipe for making the day a cherished memory. Suryagarh in Jaisalmer is an ideal place for such an occasion. The complex has huge courtyards surrounded by huge fort walls and beautifully decorated candle lit mandap offering a complete feel of the desert lifestyle. The Fort Rajwada, Narayan Niwas, Mandir Palace, Gorbandh Palace and Himmatgarh Palace are few other venues to consider.
The backwaters of Kerala have always been associated with romance. A lot of honeymooners visit the place in order to spend some quiet moments. In the recent times, the place has also become a common spot for destination weddings. Imagine the palm trees swaying in the cool breeze and the lakeside while you take your vows together. There are a number of resorts in Alleppey that offer extravagant venues for a memorable wedding.
The City of Nizams, Hyderabad is not just famous for its pearls and biryani. The flavour of the city can well be tasted by hosting a wedding here. Go beyond the wedding celebrations in the majestic Rajasthani style and try it the way Nizams did. The Taj Falaknuma Palace and Chowmahalla Palace are the best places to make your wedding an everlasting occasion among family and friends. The historical monuments offer an idyllic backdrop. Falaknuma’s aristocratic dining hall is one of the highlights of weddings that take place here.
A wedding against the spectacular scenery of the beaches is no less than a fairytale come true. The gleaming blue waters of the sea, the sprawling palm trees and the cool winds make for a perfect romantic ambience. It’s best to book the venu in advance as Goa happens to be the topmost on destination weddings. Beach weddings require a permit so make sure you get this cross-checked with your wedding planner. Park Hyatt, Radisson Resorts, Leela and Taj are some of the best places to make your wedding memorable in one of the most exotic locales of India. The seaside lawns and the enchanting boathouse of Park Hyatt are sure to leave an everlasting impression in one’s heart and mind.
Besides the major destinations, you may also go for some offbeat destinations that will not only make it unique but will also be light on the pocket.
- Alibaug is one destination to look out for in case you dream of a beach wedding and are somehow unable to manage it in Goa.
- Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar Islands can also be a wonderful wedding option to go for if you’re a beach lover and would enjoy a peaceful wedding.
- A vineyard wedding near Nasik can be a one of a kind thing to do. The Sula Vineyards boasts of 1.5 acres of lawn which can be a wonderful setting for your special day.
- The tea gardens of Assam can be a wonderful wedding idea to say ‘I do’. Make it a close-knit gathering and enjoy cups of tea together with your loved ones.
- Who doesn’t love being in the hills? However, this can be a little difficult for ones living down South or Central India. Make it a reality by booking a venue at Lavasa, a perfect destination for people living in Pune or Mumbai.
- Get a little more adventurous with your D-Day. Use services by SkyWaltz to organise your wedding up in the sky through their hot air balloon services.
Planning a wedding can be exhausting. Hiring a wedding planner could be a great idea to ease out your work. Also, it’s best to keep your guest list short. For stay, you can book budget hotels for your guest in order to balance your budget. Now you are all set to go! Happy wedding! 🙂