Delhi, also known as the National Capital Territory (NCT), is a land of politics, multicultural attractions, business opportunities and delectable street food. The administrative hub of India, collectively with satellite cities of Gurgaon, Noida and Faridabad, is counted among the country’s biggest IT hubs. The age-old, magnificent edifices like Red Fort, Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb further make it a favorite destination among globetrotters. Since the city attracts lakhs of travelers all through the year; it enjoys good connectivity via all modes of transport.
How to get to Delhi by Flight, Train or Bus
Located in the northern region of India, Delhi is easily accessible from all parts of the country. Visitors find it convenient to reach their hotel in Delhi via air, road as well as rail. Read below to know about how to reach Delhi in detail:
How to reach Delhi by Air
Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport serves as the main entrance for both domestic and international flights. Located in the western corner of the capital, the airport is regarded as one of the largest in the country. Along with world-class facilities like duty-free shops, eateries, bars, premium lounges and cyber cafes, IGI airport also offers prepaid and post-paid cab service using which guests can reach their desired destination in Delhi. Public transport like buses and metro rail is also available around the airport.
How to reach Delhi by Rail
Headquarters of Northern Railway, Delhi is well connected to most Tier I, Tier II and Tier III cities as well as small towns via a systematic network of trains. New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), Nizamuddin Railway Station (NZM), Anand Vihar Railway Terminal (ANVT) and Sarai Rohilla (DEE) are among the major railway terminals in the capital region that connect the city with rest of the country.
Major train stations in Delhi: Anand Vihar Terminal (ANVT), New Delhi (NDLS), Old Delhi (DLI), Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin (NZM), Delhi Sarai Rohilla (DEE), Adarsh Nagar (ANDI), Narela (NUR), Delhi Sabzi Mandi (SZM), Delhi Cantt. (DEC), Shakurbasti (SSB), Delhi Safdarjung (DSJ), Shahdara Junction (DSA), Badli (BHD), Delhi Kishanganj (DKZ), Okhla (OKA), Tuglakabad (TKD), Tilak Bridge (TKJ), Bijwasan (BWSN), Palam (PM), Nangloi (NNO), Anand Vihar (ANVR), Shivaji Bridge (CSB), Vivek Vihar (VVB), Mangolpuri (MGLP), Sadar Bazar (DSB)
How to reach Delhi by Road
Travellers who wish to come to Delhi by road can access the city via a series of impressive expressways and highways. The city enjoys good connectivity with neighbouring destinations like Jaipur, Agra, Alwar, Chandigarh, Amritsar, Shimla, Manali, Dharamsala and Dehradun, among others. Kashmere Gate ISBT and Anand Vihar Bus Terminal are the major bus stations in Delhi. NH 1, NH 2, NH 8, NH 24 and NH 58 are some of the highways passing through the city.
Interstate bus terminals and major bus stations of Delhi: Kashmiri Gate Bus Station, Anand Vihar Bus Station, Sarai Kaley Khan Bus Station.
Distance Between Delhi and Major Indian Cities
- Mumbai to New Delhi: 1404 km (approximately 20 hours by road)
- Pune to New Delhi: 1439 km (approximately 25 hours by road)
- Bangalore to New Delhi: 2112 km (approximately 31 hours by road)
- Ahmedabad to New Delhi: 932 km (approximately 13 hours by road)
- Hyderabad to New Delhi: 1544 km (approximately 26 hours by road)
- Kolkata to New Delhi: 1464 km (approximately 20 hours by road)
- Chennai to New Delhi: 2193 km (approximately 34 hours by road)
- Jaipur to New Delhi: 260 km (approximately 5 hours by road)
- Chandigarh to New Delhi: 261 km (approximately 5 hours by road)
- Lucknow to New Delhi: 471 km (approximately 7 hours by road)
- Nagpur to New Delhi: 1058 km (approximately 19 hours by road)
- Visakhapatnam to New Delhi: 1778 km (approximately 30 hours by road)
- Kochi to New Delhi: 2578 km (approximately 42 hours by road)
- Bhubaneswar to New Delhi: 1700 km (approximately 32 hours by road)
- Dehradun to New Delhi: 258 km (approximately 6 hours by road)
- Goa to New Delhi: 1859 km (approximately 36 hours by road)
- Amritsar to New Delhi: 466 km (approximately 8 hours by road)
- Pondicherry to New Delhi: 2335 km (approximately 42 hours by road)
- Vadodara to New Delhi: 994 km (approximately 18 hours by road)
- Surat to New Delhi: 1146 km (approximately 21 hours by road)
- Patna to New Delhi: 1070 km (approximately 18 hours by road)
- Bhopal to New Delhi: 745 km (approximately 14 hours by road)
- Indore to New Delhi: 850 km (approximately 16 hours by road)
- Gandhinagar to New Delhi: 919 km (approximately 16 hours by road)
- Noida to New Delhi: 25 km (approximately 1 hours by road)
- Shimla to New Delhi: 360 km (approximately 8 hours by road)
- Kanpur to New Delhi: 474 km (approximately 7 hours by road)
- Aligarh to New Delhi: 142 km (approximately 3.5 hours by road)
- Meerut to New Delhi: 76 km (approximately 2.5 hours by road)
- Agra to New Delhi: 210 km (approximately 3 hours by road)
- Greater Noida to New Delhi: 42 km (approximately 1 hours by road)
- Panipat to New Delhi: 103 km (approximately 3 hours by road)
- Guwahati to New Delhi: 1798 km (approximately 30 hours by road)
- Gurgaon to New Delhi: 30 km (approximately 1 hours by road)
Top Attractions to Explore While Travelling to Delhi:
Akshardham Temple, Red Fort, India Gate, Hauz Khas, Connaught Place, Dilli Haat, Fun N Food Village, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, Lotus Temple, National Rail Museum, Jama Masjid, Rashtrapati Bhavan, Splash Water Park, Adventure Island, Delhi Haat, National Gallery of Modern Art, Purana Qila, Jantar Mantar, National Rail Museum, Nehru Planetarium, National Science Center, Garden of Five Senses, Hauz Khas Social, Select City Walk.
Places to visit and Sightseeing in Delhi
- 20 Best Places to Visit in Delhi
- Top 24 Things to Do in Delhi
- 10 Best Shopping Places in Delhi
- 2-Day Trip to Delhi? Here’s the Perfect Itinerary
Recommended Hotels in New Delhi:
Use Coupon Code "FABSTAR", Get 30% Discount!